Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2020, 07:18 PM   #21  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Oct 2012
Posts: 4
Default Application question

So on the application do I have to hit "submit" again every time I make an update or just "save and continue" and then log off. Thanks!
mrpilotguy is offline  
Old 08-29-2020, 09:39 PM   #22  
Line Holder
 
opas76's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: B-747 FO
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpilotguy View Post
So on the application do I have to hit "submit" again every time I make an update or just "save and continue" and then log off. Thanks!
I "submit" every time...
opas76 is offline  
Old 09-15-2020, 11:11 AM   #23  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Champeen07's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Posts: 133
Default

Just want to make sure I am understanding the minimums for an application correctly.

It states "1000 hours PIC in jet aircraft is preferred; multi-engine turbo-prop aircraft, 12,500 pounds or greater; certain single engine turbo-prop aircraft, or combination thereof. A minimum of 500 hours PIC as described is required."

Most of my PIC time is in barons. So as I understand it if I don't have at least 500 PIC turbine then I am not qualified to apply? Or is that only preferred? Am I analyzing it wrong? I have over 2K hours turbojet time but its all SIC.
Champeen07 is offline  
Old 09-15-2020, 04:26 PM   #24  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Temocil27's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2012
Position: B767
Posts: 309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champeen07 View Post
Just want to make sure I am understanding the minimums for an application correctly.

It states "1000 hours PIC in jet aircraft is preferred; multi-engine turbo-prop aircraft, 12,500 pounds or greater; certain single engine turbo-prop aircraft, or combination thereof. A minimum of 500 hours PIC as described is required."

Most of my PIC time is in barons. So as I understand it if I don't have at least 500 PIC turbine then I am not qualified to apply? Or is that only preferred? Am I analyzing it wrong? I have over 2K hours turbojet time but its all SIC.
not sure if the new system will prevent you from actually applying, but the hiring minimums include at least 500 hrs PIC turbine as you quoted. Baron time doesnít count unfortunately.
Temocil27 is offline  
Old 09-17-2020, 11:09 AM   #25  
On Reserve
 
Flyfish83's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Position: ERJ-170 CA
Posts: 20
Default

The application only has you list time for jet and ME turboprop. Do they give any credit for SE turboprop pic (Pilatus)? If so how should we list it or include it. I have about 1900 tt pic bit unfortunately only 42 jet pic.

Thanks
Flyfish83 is offline  
Old 09-17-2020, 01:18 PM   #26  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Thrust Hold's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2018
Position: 757 CA
Posts: 411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyfish83 View Post
The application only has you list time for jet and ME turboprop. Do they give any credit for SE turboprop pic (Pilatus)? If so how should we list it or include it. I have about 1900 tt pic bit unfortunately only 42 jet pic.

Thanks
From a 2019 Company Comm:

"Qualifications:
Two particular items of note. T-6 Texan II, Pilatus PC-12 and Osprey V-22 are now considered weight equivalent aircraft to meet the 1000-hour requirement of 12.5K LBS or heavier time. In other words, pilots of these aircraft, exclusive of other experience, may count this time towards FedEx requirements. C130, Q400, P3, and a few other large turboprop aircraft are now accepted as equivalent to turbojet time. This is good news for a considerable number of our applicants."
Thrust Hold is offline  
Old 09-19-2020, 06:16 AM   #27  
On Reserve
 
Flyfish83's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Position: ERJ-170 CA
Posts: 20
Default

That's good news, thanks!
Flyfish83 is offline  
Old 09-26-2020, 12:30 PM   #28  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Sep 2020
Posts: 1
Default

Question for FedEx folks. I am a 737 CA at a large major airline and want to apply at FedEx. One of our pilots posted on our airline message boards that he spoke with a FedEx Chief Pilot and they told him he was "over-qualified" and they were not interested and not to bother updating his app (which had been in for awhile). I kind of found this a bit hard to believe but you never know. So does FedEx hire some higher time pilots that have higher side total hours or are they looking for an applicant in a specific hour / experience range that once you exceed you are no longer competitive? Thanks!
CV880 CA is offline  
Old 09-26-2020, 03:16 PM   #29  
Gets Weekends Off
 
wrxpilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: B767
Posts: 1,826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV880 CA View Post
Question for FedEx folks. I am a 737 CA at a large major airline and want to apply at FedEx. One of our pilots posted on our airline message boards that he spoke with a FedEx Chief Pilot and they told him he was "over-qualified" and they were not interested and not to bother updating his app (which had been in for awhile). I kind of found this a bit hard to believe but you never know. So does FedEx hire some higher time pilots that have higher side total hours or are they looking for an applicant in a specific hour / experience range that once you exceed you are no longer competitive? Thanks!
That sounds like complete BS. Lots of high time guys have and are getting hired here. Sometimes people like to make up reasons why they arenít getting called, you know how it is.
wrxpilot is offline  
Old 09-26-2020, 03:43 PM   #30  
Line Holder
 
imr125's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: SW
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV880 CA View Post
Question for FedEx folks. I am a 737 CA at a large major airline and want to apply at FedEx. One of our pilots posted on our airline message boards that he spoke with a FedEx Chief Pilot and they told him he was "over-qualified" and they were not interested and not to bother updating his app (which had been in for awhile). I kind of found this a bit hard to believe but you never know. So does FedEx hire some higher time pilots that have higher side total hours or are they looking for an applicant in a specific hour / experience range that once you exceed you are no longer competitive? Thanks!
yes. I was hired at just under 14K. Keep updating.
imr125 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Application Timing / Total Hours Tsmith129 Career Questions 2 05-12-2019 05:09 AM
Correcting a past medical application 7thgear Pilot Health 6 06-13-2018 01:36 PM
Application Glitch evanss9550 Spirit 0 04-29-2018 05:46 AM
Update UPS Application? E2CMaster UPS 25 08-30-2017 02:55 PM
Family Airline laserman2431 Major 119 10-18-2012 07:26 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:20 AM.