Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2021, 07:58 AM   #141  
Gets Weekends Off
 
USMCFDX's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Posts: 1,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronan View Post
For this year, assuming youíre above the $290k max, your retirement would also include another $5.8k.
This is a statement full of assumptions.
USMCFDX is offline  
Old 04-16-2021, 08:10 AM   #142  
Gets Weekends Off
 
kronan's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757 Capt
Posts: 2,265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCFDX View Post
This is a statement full of assumptions.
True, Iím assuming that the DC limit of $290,000 isnít raised over the next few years.
Iím assuming that the negotiated accumulation rate is 2%, instead of a higher number like 2.2% (or even 2.5%)
Iím assuming the YOS cap is negotiated to reflect the reality that many/majority of FedEx pilots are continuing beyond 25 YOS if they can.

And Iím assuming weíd all agree that $290,000 times 2% = $5,800.
kronan is offline  
Old 04-16-2021, 09:12 AM   #143  
Gets Weekends Off
 
USMCFDX's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Posts: 1,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronan View Post
True, Iím assuming that the DC limit of $290,000 isnít raised over the next few years.
Iím assuming that the negotiated accumulation rate is 2%, instead of a higher number like 2.2% (or even 2.5%)
Iím assuming the YOS cap is negotiated to reflect the reality that many/majority of FedEx pilots are continuing beyond 25 YOS if they can.

And Iím assuming weíd all agree that $290,000 times 2% = $5,800.
Keep going you haver many more to list
USMCFDX is offline  
Old 04-16-2021, 02:43 PM   #144  
Gets Weekends Off
 
pinseeker's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronan View Post
True, Iím assuming that the DC limit of $290,000 isnít raised over the next few years.
Iím assuming that the negotiated accumulation rate is 2%, instead of a higher number like 2.2% (or even 2.5%)
Iím assuming the YOS cap is negotiated to reflect the reality that many/majority of FedEx pilots are continuing beyond 25 YOS if they can.

And Iím assuming weíd all agree that $290,000 times 2% = $5,800.

The only part of that I will agree with is 2% of $290,000 is $5800. The rest is just a guess.

Why not assume that the company draws a line in the sand and says if the plan is so good, it doesn't need a floor.

Why not assume that the company says ok, but the mandatory retirement age is 5 years older now, so you only get 1.67% for each year of service.

Why not assume that the company bases it on earnings less than the defined contribution limits. As you say, this isn't a defined contribution plan, so those limits don't many anything in regards to this plan.

Why not assume that the company says that our current plan should be the floor limit.

There are so many things that need to be negotiated in this plan. Tuck says that we will never be released to self help. The company drew one line in the sand and the NC and MEC caved. Why shouldn't we expect the same this time.

If we shouldn't expect the same, then why not improve the current FAE limit. The defined benefit limit is $230K this year. Why not ask for that. That limit was in our very first contract.

The MEC and NC were pushing the Kool-Aid hard with the VB plan. They added a lot of sugar and fancy colors to make it look and taste good, but in the end, it really isn't good for you.
pinseeker is offline  
Old 04-17-2021, 06:51 AM   #145  
Gets Weekends Off
 
kronan's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757 Capt
Posts: 2,265
Default

IF we're playing assumption games.

Why not assume that any PSPP style plan will be tied to WB Capt pay?
And let's go with the multiplier scheme our current A plan has for those over a certain age. 54 is the cutoff that comes to mind (note-I didn't reference the CBA) and 2.2 is the max multiplier (again, that's just off the top of the noggin)
But the Company has an incentive to retain pilots, so why not add a 2.5 carveout for those over 60.

So, assuming WB Capt pay is in the $400 an hour range in the TA.
Let's go with the the 2.5% accumulation rate times 400 times 900 hours

SO, every year in our PSPP style plan negotiated to a better level is an extra $9,000 a year for those over 60.

Shoot, that's almost the equivalent of raising the FAE of our current plan to $460,000
kronan is offline  
Old 04-17-2021, 07:35 AM   #146  
Gets Weekends Off
 
pinseeker's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronan View Post
IF we're playing assumption games.

Why not assume that any PSPP style plan will be tied to WB Capt pay?
And let's go with the multiplier scheme our current A plan has for those over a certain age. 54 is the cutoff that comes to mind (note-I didn't reference the CBA) and 2.2 is the max multiplier (again, that's just off the top of the noggin)
But the Company has an incentive to retain pilots, so why not add a 2.5 carveout for those over 60.

So, assuming WB Capt pay is in the $400 an hour range in the TA.
Let's go with the the 2.5% accumulation rate times 400 times 900 hours

SO, every year in our PSPP style plan negotiated to a better level is an extra $9,000 a year for those over 60.

Shoot, that's almost the equivalent of raising the FAE of our current plan to $460,000

Yes, we can all play assumption games. You told Stan446 that the PSPP would increase their retirement $5800 above the current $130000. That was based on assumptions, not anything else.

So if the WB pay rate is $400 per hour in the new TA, is that starting or ending. It would take pay rate increases of 3.6% a year for 5 years to get that. Earlier you stated that our less than 3% pay raises has outpaced inflation, so why are you getting us even more, unless it is to pad the numbers? Or, are you in favor of a longer contract?

So, you say that $9000 a year extra for 5 years is almost as good as raising the FAE to $460,000. Hmmm, 5X9000 is $45000. Add that to $130,000 and you get $175,000. Yeah, that is almost as good as $230,000.

The MEC needs to hire you to sell their plan if they haven't already.
pinseeker is offline  
Old 04-17-2021, 01:37 PM   #147  
Gets Weekends Off
 
PurpleToolBox's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2013
Posts: 948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronan View Post
IF we're playing assumption games.

Why not assume that any PSPP style plan will be tied to WB Capt pay?
And let's go with the multiplier scheme our current A plan has for those over a certain age. 54 is the cutoff that comes to mind (note-I didn't reference the CBA) and 2.2 is the max multiplier (again, that's just off the top of the noggin)
But the Company has an incentive to retain pilots, so why not add a 2.5 carveout for those over 60.

So, assuming WB Capt pay is in the $400 an hour range in the TA.
Let's go with the the 2.5% accumulation rate times 400 times 900 hours

SO, every year in our PSPP style plan negotiated to a better level is an extra $9,000 a year for those over 60.

Shoot, that's almost the equivalent of raising the FAE of our current plan to $460,000
Dude ... just STOP with this PSPP bull krap!

Stop talking about this turd. You are a shill.
PurpleToolBox is offline  
Old 04-17-2021, 02:21 PM   #148  
Line Holder
 
bitwiser's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2017
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleToolBox View Post
Dude ... just STOP with this PSPP bull krap!

Stop talking about this turd. You are a shill.
No kidding. Also sad that he's already talking about carve outs. This pilot group needs to stop dividing itself.
bitwiser is offline  
Old 04-17-2021, 03:46 PM   #149  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Stan446's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2019
Posts: 292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronan View Post
IF we're playing assumption games.

Why not assume that any PSPP style plan will be tied to WB Capt pay?
And let's go with the multiplier scheme our current A plan has for those over a certain age. 54 is the cutoff that comes to mind (note-I didn't reference the CBA) and 2.2 is the max multiplier (again, that's just off the top of the noggin)
But the Company has an incentive to retain pilots, so why not add a 2.5 carveout for those over 60.

So, assuming WB Capt pay is in the $400 an hour range in the TA.
Let's go with the the 2.5% accumulation rate times 400 times 900 hours

SO, every year in our PSPP style plan negotiated to a better level is an extra $9,000 a year for those over 60.

Shoot, that's almost the equivalent of raising the FAE of our current plan to $460,000
Isn't raising the FAE cap to the max paying out $230,00 a year vs 130,000.?Thats a heck of a lot more than 9,000/yr.
Stan446 is online now  
Old 04-17-2021, 06:38 PM   #150  
Gets Mon-Sun Off
 
TransWorld's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Up Front
Posts: 3,237
Default

Deleted........
TransWorld is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Block representation R57 relay American 89 02-03-2017 06:45 AM
Sept. 2 message from FDX ALPA Baja Cargo 11 09-04-2014 07:44 AM
North Mississippi Flying Club vs. 9E ALPA? Pinchanickled Regional 33 12-17-2010 06:58 PM
Who is more ****ed off at their MEC, MAG / 9E Jetrecruiter Regional 32 10-03-2009 06:47 AM
United MEC message Sir James Major 0 10-06-2005 02:42 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:19 PM.