Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2021, 02:29 PM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Merle Haggard's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2020
Posts: 101
Default ALPA MEC Phone Survey

Just took the phone survey. These jackholes are gonna give the pension away instead of working to improve it. Nobody does that outside of bankruptcy court.

Questions regarding retirement were leading and only gave you options crafted to make it look as if you support the pancake plan or whatever else they decide to do. I made some wry comment, refused the question and asked the surveyor if others were taking issue with it - she indicated that she'd heard that type of response plenty of times.

My MEC apparently isn't interested in speaking for me.

I'm gonna have to get a bag tag that says "My MEC speaks for my MEC"
Merle Haggard is offline  
Old 04-08-2021, 03:35 PM   #2  
Line Holder
 
FedEx Pilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2019
Position: RFO
Posts: 61
Default

If that’s their plan, then they’re about to waste a lot of time and negotiating dollars only to find a massive NO vote for whatever turd they send our way. Hope you’re reading this DC and PM
FedEx Pilot is offline  
Old 04-08-2021, 06:09 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
MEMA300's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Excessed WB Capt.
Posts: 906
Default

Well at least the bidpacks are getting better...
MEMA300 is offline  
Old 04-08-2021, 07:10 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
dspilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: 777 F/O
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMA300 View Post
Well at least the bidpacks are getting better...
..........
dspilot is online now  
Old 04-10-2021, 07:39 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Overnitefr8's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: 767 CA
Posts: 1,820
Default

When they call me I'm just going to say I'm not answering any questions. Just tell the MEC I'm not voting for any contract that has the VB plan, PSPP, pancake plan in it. End of phone call.
Overnitefr8 is offline  
Old 04-10-2021, 09:49 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
USMCFDX's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Posts: 1,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overnitefr8 View Post
When they call me I'm just going to say I'm not answering any questions. Just tell the MEC I'm not voting for any contract that has the VB plan, PSPP, pancake plan in it. End of phone call.
Can I get an AMEN!
USMCFDX is offline  
Old 04-10-2021, 10:58 AM   #7  
Line Holder
 
JB130's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: Window Seat
Posts: 92
Default Poorly Disguised Bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merle Haggard View Post
Just took the phone survey. These jackholes are gonna give the pension away instead of working to improve it. Nobody does that outside of bankruptcy court.

Questions regarding retirement were leading and only gave you options crafted to make it look as if you support the pancake plan or whatever else they decide to do. I made some wry comment, refused the question and asked the surveyor if others were taking issue with it - she indicated that she'd heard that type of response plenty of times.

My MEC apparently isn't interested in speaking for me.
The previous online/email survey was worded in the same manner.

There is a professional career field in research and an entire academic discipline devoted to research methods. One precept of the research craft acknowledges that it is actually rather difficult to remove bias from research survey questions. Extracting pure, unbiased data through research is a learned skill. Removing bias to achieve pure results is the ultimate goal within the discipline of research methods, as it relates to survey questions. Like all skills, it can be used for good or it can be used for bad (see Anakin Skywalker and the Force or OJ's legal team).

Skilled researchers can disguise bias in their survey questions to achieve a desired result while the survey takers are none the wiser. Given that many on here and on the crew bus have already identified the bias in the questions given us, it is not a stretch of the imagination to conclude there is a desired result in play for the survey data. One could also conclude that skilled, professional researchers did not write the questions since the bias was so poorly disguised. Either we hired researchers that weren't so skilled at their craft or we had pilots write the questions thinking they were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedEx Pilot View Post
If that’s their plan, then they’re about to waste a lot of time and negotiating dollars only to find a massive NO vote for whatever turd they send our way. Hope you’re reading this DC and PM
So true! That's going to be the net result if we are served pancakes....a waste of time that will delay our new contract and a waste of our dues money because any TA delivered with pancakes will be voted down. DC and PM, we're not as aloof as you think.
JB130 is offline  
Old 04-10-2021, 12:20 PM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Fr8Master's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: BE-20, LR35
Posts: 164
Default

Anything removing the pension will be a no vote from me...period. Hope they don’t waste money trying anything to the contrary.
Fr8Master is offline  
Old 04-10-2021, 05:43 PM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Overnitefr8's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: 767 CA
Posts: 1,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overnitefr8 View Post
When they call me I'm just going to say I'm not answering any questions. Just tell the MEC I'm not voting for any contract that has the VB plan, PSPP, pancake plan in it. End of phone call.
And yes, I have emailed my LEC and have said the same thing
Overnitefr8 is offline  
Old 04-14-2021, 02:13 PM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Merle Haggard's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2020
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB130 View Post
The previous online/email survey was worded in the same manner.

There is a professional career field in research and an entire academic discipline devoted to research methods. One precept of the research craft acknowledges that it is actually rather difficult to remove bias from research survey questions. Extracting pure, unbiased data through research is a learned skill. Removing bias to achieve pure results is the ultimate goal within the discipline of research methods, as it relates to survey questions. Like all skills, it can be used for good or it can be used for bad (see Anakin Skywalker and the Force or OJ's legal team).

Skilled researchers can disguise bias in their survey questions to achieve a desired result while the survey takers are none the wiser. Given that many on here and on the crew bus have already identified the bias in the questions given us, it is not a stretch of the imagination to conclude there is a desired result in play for the survey data. One could also conclude that skilled, professional researchers did not write the questions since the bias was so poorly disguised. Either we hired researchers that weren't so skilled at their craft or we had pilots write the questions thinking they were.



So true! That's going to be the net result if we are served pancakes....a waste of time that will delay our new contract and a waste of our dues money because any TA delivered with pancakes will be voted down. DC and PM, we're not as aloof as you think.
It was a hack job. Your only option to "disagree" with their premise (and the "question" certainly espouses a premise) is to decline to answer. So.....VOILA. The results will show that 95% of RESPONSES agreed with the MEC plan. It's criminal.
Merle Haggard is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Straight talk from LAX Council 16 rube Delta 23 12-14-2016 01:57 PM
FDX Pilots Sue Alpa USMCFDX FedEx 94 07-27-2016 07:14 AM
C54 Vice Chair Perspective Rogue24 Major 104 06-15-2012 04:49 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:01 PM.