Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2019, 10:50 AM   #1  
NetJets
Thread Starter
 
smwalker21's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Phenom
Posts: 39
Default FlexJet new hire salary

I just saw an advertisement on this forum stating "new hire $100K per year minimum and 5-year upgrade to Captain". Is this true? Flexjet really paying new hires $100K per year?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 102651008309726483.jpeg (23.8 KB, 1944 views)

Last edited by smwalker21; 01-03-2019 at 11:01 AM.
smwalker21 is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 03:59 PM   #2  
Line Holder
 
ATIS's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2017
Posts: 72
Default

You have to read the fine print.

A lot has been included into that number and lots of assumptions have been made.


Caveat Emptor
ATIS is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 06:40 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
wankel7's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2010
Position: Weekends off
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATIS View Post
You have to read the fine print.

A lot has been included into that number and lots of assumptions have been made.


Caveat Emptor
Link to the fine print?
wankel7 is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 07:06 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
FNGFO's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,078
Default

I知 sure it assumes a 208 day PBS schedule, and maxing out every possible bonus opportunity. They池e probably tossing 401k contributions in as well.
FNGFO is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 08:26 PM   #5  
Life Is Good
 
Mikec's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Posts: 61
Default

$421 per day plus $42 per diem per day.
Mikec is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 05:58 AM   #6  
NetJets
Thread Starter
 
smwalker21's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Phenom
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATIS View Post
You have to read the fine print.

A lot has been included into that number and lots of assumptions have been made.


Caveat Emptor
The advertisement states "starting at $100K", doesn't that mean the minimum you can expect to earn is $100K.
smwalker21 is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 07:24 AM   #7  
Line Holder
 
chesty's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smwalker21 View Post
The advertisement states "starting at $100K", doesn't that mean the minimum you can expect to earn is $100K.
you're dealing with the two biggest dirtbags in the industry KR and RH (aka "smarter than no-one"). They like to twist facts and boldly lie straight to your face as they laugh all the way to the bank on your back. Go to Netjets - a real fractional airline
chesty is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 09:19 AM   #8  
Line Holder
 
WiskeyTango's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2017
Posts: 78
Default

100k is a bit of a stretch but doable.

Base pay is as stated above, $421 per day. If you work 208 days a year (which is a lot), you値l make $87,500. Add in $8,700 for per diem gets you to $96,200. You can figure in a grand for overtime (day 1 before 6am, any day over 12 hours), couple grand for bonuses (if you meet the parameters which can be hit or miss), and a few grand in 401k match. So yeah, bottom number on your W2 might total 100k.

Another fine print item, and I知 not sure on this, is I think that while you are in training you are on a different (lower) pay scale. Much lower. Maybe a new hire can confirm if that is still the case.
WiskeyTango is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 10:24 AM   #9  
Speed, Power, Accuracy
 
GeeWizDriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: PIC
Posts: 1,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskeyTango View Post
100k is a bit of a stretch but doable.

Base pay is as stated above, $421 per day. If you work 208 days a year (which is a lot), you値l make $87,500. Add in $8,700 for per diem gets you to $96,200. You can figure in a grand for overtime (day 1 before 6am, any day over 12 hours), couple grand for bonuses (if you meet the parameters which can be hit or miss), and a few grand in 401k match. So yeah, bottom number on your W2 might total 100k.

Another fine print item, and I知 not sure on this, is I think that while you are in training you are on a different (lower) pay scale. Much lower. Maybe a new hire can confirm if that is still the case.

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Per diem is NOT pay. It will not appear in the primary box of your W-2. Ergo, it is NOT compensation.

If KR and his bag of tools are using per diem to get a new hire to $100 K on paper, it shows once again what an obfuscating scumbag he is.
GeeWizDriver is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 12:55 PM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
wankel7's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2010
Position: Weekends off
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeWizDriver View Post
OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Per diem is NOT pay. It will not appear in the primary box of your W-2. Ergo, it is NOT compensation.

If KR and his bag of tools are using per diem to get a new hire to $100 K on paper, it shows once again what an obfuscating scumbag he is.
I think WT is simply trying to figure out how the may have arrived at the 100,000 figure that is being discussed in this thread.

He most likely got the idea from the numerous regional airlines trumpeting total compensation figures that include per diem, ot, hotel, uniform allowances, etc.

Which obviously is grasping at straws and headlines.
wankel7 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flexjet hiring ? joel payne Flexjet 1138 Yesterday 03:30 AM
New Hire Junior Activation Compensation Airpane FedEx 8 06-22-2018 06:50 PM
CFI Base Salary $45,000+bonus+benefits Fox3close Part 91 and Low Time 0 06-15-2018 08:44 AM
Flexjet Direct Hire Into Global/Gulfstream? Blutarsky Flexjet 44 05-23-2018 06:15 PM
Business is booming at Flexjet Sata 4000 RP Flexjet 0 06-03-2013 11:15 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:21 AM.