Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Flight Schools and Training (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/flight-schools-training/)
-   -   Looking for affordable multi engine training (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/flight-schools-training/112123-looking-affordable-multi-engine-training.html)

jetlag q 03-10-2018 05:36 PM

Looking for affordable multi engine training
 
I live in Virginia and looking for affordable multi-engine training.
Who did you use n how much?
Also what equipment?

KaiGywer 03-11-2018 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetlag q (Post 2548153)
I live in Virginia and looking for affordable multi-engine training.
Who did you use n how much?
Also what equipment?

Heard lots of good about Traverse City Michigan Air Plane Flight Training - Traverse Air Inc. Aviation Traverse City, Michigan

I'll more than likely be going there myself when the time comes.

SonicFlyer 03-11-2018 04:52 AM

Affordable multi-engine training?!

Ha

No such thing

TiredSoul 03-11-2018 05:11 AM

Unless you go with an old guy and his own Apache you’re not going to find anything cheap.
Flightschool wise that is. Getting and keeping a ME insured for instruction is $$$$....plus it’s twice as expensive to maintain.
A “cheap” ME is a red flag.

urp99 03-14-2018 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaiGywer (Post 2548274)
Heard lots of good about Traverse City Michigan Air Plane Flight Training - Traverse Air Inc. Aviation Traverse City, Michigan

I'll more than likely be going there myself when the time comes.

I'll second this, I'm planning on getting my multi at Traverse Air this summer or fall.

jetlag q 03-14-2018 07:29 PM

Thanks for the feedback. The flight school that i work for offered a technam p2006 @ 200 an hour wet. So i may go that route

TiredSoul 03-14-2018 07:41 PM

I don’t like that plane.
My opinion which accounts for absolutely nothing:
Aztec, Seneca, Seminole in that order.
Aztec en Seneca are “real” planes that’s are also flown outside of the training environment.
Seminole....meh...but loads of places have them so could come in handy for your MEI.

Excargodog 03-14-2018 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiredSoul (Post 2550967)
I don’t like that plane.
My opinion which accounts for absolutely nothing:
Aztec, Seneca, Seminole in that order.
Aztec en Seneca are “real” planes that’s are also flown outside of the training environment.
Seminole....meh...but loads of places have them so could come in handy for your MEI.

Agree. It sort of reminds me of the twin Aeronca that Aeronca came out with in the 60s. The name, IIRC, was the Lancer. That one was two-place and had fixed gear, fixed props, and dual Continental 100 hp engines. It was designed for no other reason than to provide Cheap ME ratings but was so pathetic that the FAA eventually decided that ME ratings granted in the aircraft would be valid only in that type.

SE service ceiling was advertised at 2200 feet at standard temperature and pressure. On a warm day in the Midwest you would LOSE about 250FPM in straight and level flight due to the windmilling and non-feathering propellor. They only made about three or four dozen of them.

PossibleDeviation 03-15-2018 04:03 AM

I'll third the Traverse City outfit and also throw in Great Lakes Air Ventures out of Mason, MI.

rayburton72 03-15-2018 05:51 AM

Multi add-ons in a Baron. Two days, $3600 including checkride fee and instructor in Greensboro NC

Msg me for information... (I got my CMEL this way, instructor is the guy who taught me to fly to begin with - Plane is owned by the local DPE)




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:16 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands