Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2021, 11:18 PM   #121  
Gets Weekends Off
 
deftone's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2013
Posts: 443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersmurfuk1 View Post
Are people still using these schools? I'm really curious if they are still busy or if things have slowed down.
Most students already in the program are still in, new students have completely dried up though. 4 new students in Feb, 2 new students in Jan. CFI's are graduating like crazy now and getting put on a part time schedule because there are no new students to assign to them. Long gone are the days of 30-40 students in a class.

A bunch of their more experienced CFI's just signed up for a CFI gig in Bahrain flying the same Diamond aircraft.
deftone is offline  
Old 02-25-2021, 12:48 PM   #122  
On Reserve
 
HoldenRavi's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2017
Position: Part 61 student
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deftone View Post
Most students already in the program are still in, new students have completely dried up though. 4 new students in Feb, 2 new students in Jan. CFI's are graduating like crazy now and getting put on a part time schedule because there are no new students to assign to them. Long gone are the days of 30-40 students in a class.

A bunch of their more experienced CFI's just signed up for a CFI gig in Bahrain flying the same Diamond aircraft.
Wow Bahrain must be quite a change from Indianapolis. Who in Bahrain is hiring da40ng instructors?
HoldenRavi is offline  
Old 03-01-2021, 02:52 PM   #123  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Valiant's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2018
Posts: 105
Default Back after a year :)

Nice to see this thread still running. Yeah Republican it seems dried up real fast.
Valiant is offline  
Old 03-08-2021, 06:23 PM   #124  
Gets Weekends Off
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deftone View Post
A bunch of their more experienced CFI's just signed up for a CFI gig in Bahrain flying the same Diamond aircraft.
I don’t think I would consider two a “bunch” but yes two went to Bahrain. One more senior and one more junior.

Several of the more senior people that have moved on are flying charter jets. A couple others to Cape Air and a few flying C208s.

To my knowledge, most that moved on, that were actual LIFT students with a contractural job with RPA, retained the option to return once RPA starts hiring again.
JayD is offline  
Old 03-09-2021, 03:48 PM   #125  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Air Guitar's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2019
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I don’t think I would consider two a “bunch” but yes two went to Bahrain. One more senior and one more junior.

Several of the more senior people that have moved on are flying charter jets. A couple others to Cape Air and a few flying C208s.

To my knowledge, most that moved on, that were actual LIFT students with a contractural job with RPA, retained the option to return once RPA starts hiring again.
on jsfirm they seem to be looking for both experience in the DA and "no duel given". If you move there don't be loud, don't wear jewelry, try not to go out at night, and only travel with men in groups of 3 or more( if you're male).
Air Guitar is offline  
Old 03-31-2021, 06:01 PM   #126  
On Reserve
 
Wishful's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2021
Posts: 10
Default

I was an instructor for Lufthansa Air Training in Florida however they had shut down their doors and told their students to look for other work amid the pandemic which is understandable. I believe they still operate a school in Goodyear, Phoenix Arizona. ATP will do what they say, a bit higher priced but once the industry comes back, I am sure they will be flooded with students. I had a couple friends who instructed for ATP, but once they hit their 1500 hours, they lost their jobs to make way for new CFI's as ATP guarantees a CFI position to students who meet eligibility requirements.
Wishful is offline  
Old 04-01-2021, 06:39 AM   #127  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Air Guitar's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2019
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishful View Post
I was an instructor for Lufthansa Air Training in Florida however they had shut down their doors and told their students to look for other work amid the pandemic which is understandable. I believe they still operate a school in Goodyear, Phoenix Arizona. ATP will do what they say, a bit higher priced but once the industry comes back, I am sure they will be flooded with students. I had a couple friends who instructed for ATP, but once they hit their 1500 hours, they lost their jobs to make way for new CFI's as ATP guarantees a CFI position to students who meet eligibility requirements.
If they gave the boot to their CFI's to make way for new ones they must really be just a pilot mill.
Air Guitar is offline  
Old 04-06-2021, 05:36 AM   #128  
Line Holder
 
PhxJester's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2020
Posts: 39
Default

UND Aerospace Accelerated program in Phoenix. 0-hero with a quoted $58k (based on your time/performance) and no, not a collegiate degree program.

Edit: typically hire CFIs from within their program
PhxJester is online now  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Allegiant Air j3cub Allegiant 6367 12-20-2020 08:01 AM
“1500 hour rule” stabapch Regional 120 03-20-2019 10:01 AM
Logging sim time - in general peengleeson Flight Schools and Training 31 10-22-2018 07:39 AM
Does helicopter 'double-I' grant a FW 'II'? takingmessages Flight Schools and Training 8 07-07-2018 11:11 PM
FDX Jumpseats MX727 Cargo 220 06-26-2013 11:17 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:40 AM.