Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Fractional NetJets, FlexJet, etc
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2018, 04:13 PM   #11  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Frieght Dog
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelflying View Post
Meals paid for is a huge factor. With regional level per diem if you spend all your per diem on food you still eat like cr*p. Also with paid meals you can order from wherever is convenient.

Our overnight hotels are better than the regionals. Also if you want you can get a rental car at your overnights and training which you will NEVER get at a regional.

There is no junior manning here. I mean in practicality there is because if they really need you they'll extend your rotation but they have to pay you overtime and believe me they avoid like heck doing that.

For people who live in the boonies the fact our schedule is 8/6 for those who chose is amazing. 8/6 means you only have to commute one way a week and no dealing with begging for a jumpseat home. 8/6 schedules are set a year in advance which works well for some people but not so much for others.

There's not a lot of sitting around. When you're at work you're doing work and when you're done you can leave the airport. No reserve and no sitting around no matter how junior you are.

People are going to the majors from here. People I've personally met have gone to JetBlue, Delta and a ton to Southwest. We suffer from a small sample size and everyone seems to be tunnel visioned on SWA. I wonder what would happen if more of us applied elsewhere.
And there you have it! Thanks for the quality input, helps a lot!
Petethedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:30 PM   #12  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2006
Posts: 744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelflying View Post
Meals paid for is a huge factor. With regional level per diem if you spend all your per diem on food you still eat like cr*p. Also with paid meals you can order from wherever is convenient.

Our overnight hotels are better than the regionals. Also if you want you can get a rental car at your overnights and training which you will NEVER get at a regional.

There is no junior manning here. I mean in practicality there is because if they really need you they'll extend your rotation but they have to pay you overtime and believe me they avoid like heck doing that.

For people who live in the boonies the fact our schedule is 8/6 for those who chose is amazing. 8/6 means you only have to commute one way a week and no dealing with begging for a jumpseat home. 8/6 schedules are set a year in advance which works well for some people but not so much for others.

There's not a lot of sitting around. When you're at work you're doing work and when you're done you can leave the airport. No reserve and no sitting around no matter how junior you are.

People are going to the majors from here. People I've personally met have gone to JetBlue, Delta and a ton to Southwest. We suffer from a small sample size and everyone seems to be tunnel visioned on SWA. I wonder what would happen if more of us applied elsewhere.
To add to that, coming from someone who lives about 2 hours from my assigned base, you commute to and from work on days 1 and 8. No crash pads, traveling for work in days off etc. Occasionally, I don’t have to be at my base to catch an airline ride until mid morning, so I can still drop my kids off at school on my way to work. On the flip side, sometimes I have to be in base by 5:00 am to catch a 6:00 flight which means an early bed time and a 3am wake up the next morning. On go-home day I can sometimes catch an early flight out and be home before my wife and kids in the afternoon on day 8. It all just depends on the crew transitions and the schedule demands for that day. Once, I was lucky enough to get assigned to airplane that went AOG in base and so I got to sit at home for an extra day.
multipilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:41 PM   #13  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Frieght Dog
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by multipilot View Post
To add to that, coming from someone who lives about 2 hours from my assigned base, you commute to and from work on days 1 and 8. No crash pads, traveling for work in days off etc. Occasionally, I don’t have to be at my base to catch an airline ride until mid morning, so I can still drop my kids off at school on my way to work. On the flip side, sometimes I have to be in base by 5:00 am to catch a 6:00 flight which means an early bed time and a 3am wake up the next morning. On go-home day I can sometimes catch an early flight out and be home before my wife and kids in the afternoon on day 8. It all just depends on the crew transitions and the schedule demands for that day. Once, I was lucky enough to get assigned to airplane that went AOG in base and so I got to sit at home for an extra day.
More golden info! Yeah, the 8/6 is really the only thing that makes me a touch concerned. But, on balance, seems like a solid option outside the regionals.Thanks Multi!
Petethedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:33 PM   #14  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Sep 2017
Posts: 71
Default

Is living in Anchorage possible or a non-starter?
Asking for a friend...
MysteriousMrX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:59 AM   #15  
Line Holder
 
LJ JE's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: Fixed Wing EMS
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteriousMrX View Post
Is living in Anchorage possible or a non-starter?
Asking for a friend...
Currently, they will not base anyone Alaska or Hawaii.
LJ JE is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta? Guard Dude Delta 196003 Yesterday 07:41 PM
ICED Clearedtopush Delta 241 07-27-2016 06:10 PM
Kudos to JetBlue's Pilot Voting Committee! P-3Bubba Major 174 04-23-2014 06:14 AM
Cal mec jcba ta pro statement CAL EWR United 44 11-26-2012 01:29 PM
APA announces what they want! 30.5% pay raise AAflyer Major 42 05-13-2007 05:48 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:45 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2018, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1