Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-22-2018, 02:34 PM   #71  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 170
Default

Ok. Instead of guessing, I looked at the seniority list again. The following is a partial list of First Officers by year that have been bypassed for whatever reason.

2-2001
10-2002
6-2003
1-2004
3-2005
2-2006
In addition to this, there are about 20 Captains that voluntarily bid FO in larger aircraft.
And Smartie, calling your fellow workers low life folks is not in in line with the new culture at Flex.
fooled2x is offline  
Old 12-23-2018, 10:24 AM   #72  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Position: Yellow bus
Posts: 153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
Not sure about people who bypassed, but that is their problem. Seniority is a joke anyway, bunch of low life folks progress thanks to seniority. Bye bye!
Jeez what a piece of $hit you are. So glad I got out of that dump.
LloydBraun is offline  
Old 12-23-2018, 04:55 PM   #73  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtdrvr View Post
If people were by passed then they may not have had a bid in or if they did they may have made it conditional. IE no upgrade till they have 25 percent (or whatever number they choose) beneath them when they do upgrade.
Or they didn't want to upgrade into the phenom from a larger cabin aircraft they're currently on. With the new incentives maybe they'll change their minds. Who knows. Being in the challenger, I wouldn't want to go down to the phenom either. I can see both sides. The word bypass is not the right word. 5 years or more of service will be upgraded seeing as they qualify as a captain. Not just given and handed out. They will have to and must qualify as a captain to be paid like one and on the Challenger pay scale at that even if they remain in the right seat or SIC duties.
JMO127 is offline  
Old 12-23-2018, 05:34 PM   #74  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jun 2018
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydBraun View Post
Jeez what a piece of $hit you are. So glad I got out of that dump.
Iím glad you got out too ya dope. 😘
SmarterThanYou is offline  
Old 12-25-2018, 07:52 AM   #75  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO127 View Post
Or they didn't want to upgrade into the phenom from a larger cabin aircraft they're currently on. With the new incentives maybe they'll change their minds. Who knows. Being in the challenger, I wouldn't want to go down to the phenom either. I can see both sides. The word bypass is not the right word. 5 years or more of service will be upgraded seeing as they qualify as a captain. Not just given and handed out. They will have to and must qualify as a captain to be paid like one and on the Challenger pay scale at that even if they remain in the right seat or SIC duties.
OK, I won't call it bypass, but the pilots I referred to were never given the opportunity to upgrade. In, time, the transfer pilots will be given the chance to upgrade in the larger equipment as well. In all fairness, they were pay frozen at the pay they were making before they transferred, so some SICs were making Phenom PIC pay while in the right seat of the Challenger.
fooled2x is offline  
Old 12-25-2018, 08:19 AM   #76  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
Iím glad you got out too ya dope. 😘
Tools like you are exactly why people should avoid Flexjet like the plague. Nice little company wide email you sent out the other day - full of lies and misrepresentations.
chesty is offline  
Old 12-25-2018, 11:36 AM   #77  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Position: Yellow bus
Posts: 153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
Iím glad you got out too ya dope. 😘
Actually I thank you Sir. You and your fellow management team is what finally got me off my butt to get out. You and your management team is what got me to finally make the best decision of my career. Leave Flex/Options. Only regret was my stupidity kept me there 15 years too long.

Now I truly enjoy schedule flexibility, dropping , adding, swapping trips to manipulate my schedule to my liking not yours.
Many more days off per year.
No more loading bags in 95 degree heat.
No more cleaning up airplanes after passengers.
No more restocking aircraft.
No more arguing with the likes of pilot pushing Neidermeyer and the Maintenance row.
No more seeing brown nosing pilots work themselves into positions that their seniority canít even come close to holding.
No now I am just a pilot nothing more with a Union contract behind me.
No Sir again I thank you and would gladly buy you a drink to show my appreciation.
LloydBraun is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 10:44 AM   #78  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: PIC
Posts: 605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydBraun View Post
Actually I thank you Sir. You and your fellow management team is what finally got me off my butt to get out. You and your management team is what got me to finally make the best decision of my career. Leave Flex/Options. Only regret was my stupidity kept me there 15 years too long.

Now I truly enjoy schedule flexibility, dropping , adding, swapping trips to manipulate my schedule to my liking not yours.
Many more days off per year.
No more loading bags in 95 degree heat.
No more cleaning up airplanes after passengers.
No more restocking aircraft.
No more arguing with the likes of pilot pushing Neidermeyer and the Maintenance row.
No more seeing brown nosing pilots work themselves into positions that their seniority canít even come close to holding.
No now I am just a pilot nothing more with a Union contract behind me.
No Sir again I thank you and would gladly buy you a drink to show my appreciation.
Congrats Lloyd! You are WAY better off.
GeeWizDriver is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 04:26 PM   #79  
Line holder
 
symbian simian's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: On the bus,seat 0A
Posts: 1,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
Not sure about people who bypassed, but that is their problem. Seniority is a joke anyway, bunch of low life folks progress thanks to seniority. Bye bye!
I will give you the cliff notes to my resume: 7 years ACMI, upgraded as soon as I got my ATLP (actually needed my line training to have enough experience) and before a lot of people that had been there way longer upgraded. Next, 8 years at CitationShares, and again, upgraded first in class. Now, Spirit, upgraded according to SENIORITY, took 3 years, will make more money than you every year until I retire.

In 8 years of fractional I don't think I have met a guy as crappy as you sound. I loved everyone of my jobs, I love flying, but I really think one week with you would be enough to look for something else. Merit can work in a small company, seniority is required for big companies. You can only work according to SOP, promoting according to merit will lead to people undercutting safety margins, and management taking us for a ride.
symbian simian is offline  
Old 12-29-2018, 05:46 AM   #80  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Cabin Temp Management Specialist
Posts: 180
Default

I used to try explain to the guys I fly with now what it was like at Flexjet there towards the end and all they could do was shake their heads. It's so far outside the realm of normal that people who haven't lived it have a hard time wrapping their minds around it. Now I just say it was good at the beginning, lousy at the end, and leave it at that.

I flew with a bunch of great guys there. I also flew with a bunch of guys who I came to realize had only stuck around because they never had a chance to move on, for whatever reasons. I say that with no malice whatsoever. For the longest time, I was convinced that I was one of those guys.

Those who could have moved on have by now moved on. Those that are left are just hoping to get through it. And those who are thriving probably have borderline personality issues.
Jeff Lebowski is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply

Tags
flexjet, schedules
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saying goodbye to Flexjet joel payne Fractional 31 03-14-2018 12:59 PM
Flexjet Getting Legacy 500s & 450s - AIN Fetzervalve Fractional 4 09-22-2015 12:42 PM
Flexjet Moving Forward With LR85 Replacement Fetzervalve Fractional 4 05-08-2015 05:10 AM
Business is booming at Flexjet Sata 4000 RP Fractional 0 06-03-2013 11:15 AM
Flexjet info joel payne Fractional 1 11-29-2007 05:49 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:10 AM.