Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2018, 09:13 AM   #1  
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 8
Default Flexjet schedule

Hi all. Currently at a regional and have an interview lined up.
Just wondering what a typical schedule looks like for Challenger/Legacy 8/7 schedule out of a remote domicile like Billings, MT?

Thanks in advance!
Maximusaviator is offline  
Old 10-11-2018, 10:38 AM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2008
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximusaviator View Post
Hi all. Currently at a regional and have an interview lined up.
Just wondering what a typical schedule looks like for Challenger/Legacy 8/7 schedule out of a remote domicile like Billings, MT?

Thanks in advance!

Well first you would have to get either of those airframes. Second check to see if they will approve Billings as a domicile. Third you will be put on the training schedule then flex bid till the next schedule type bid comes out. You can choose the 8/7 schedule but it pays a lesser daily rate. Then you would bid for your 8/7 start day based on what lines the company offers. Then you would start it. Ie leave on a tues get home the following tues. Then next tour leave on Wed get home on Wed and so on. Then you get to bid on vacation (after you accrue it) you will get one of your tours off so 7 days off then 8 days off then 7 days off again. Then normal tour again.
bjtdrvr is offline  
Old 10-11-2018, 11:15 AM   #3  
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtdrvr View Post
Well first you would have to get either of those airframes. Second check to see if they will approve Billings as a domicile. Third you will be put on the training schedule then flex bid till the next schedule type bid comes out. You can choose the 8/7 schedule but it pays a lesser daily rate. Then you would bid for your 8/7 start day based on what lines the company offers. Then you would start it. Ie leave on a tues get home the following tues. Then next tour leave on Wed get home on Wed and so on. Then you get to bid on vacation (after you accrue it) you will get one of your tours off so 7 days off then 8 days off then 7 days off again. Then normal tour again.
Thanks for the info. I have never flown corporate so is there much international flying? Long layovers? Expected to clean bathrooms myself?
Maximusaviator is offline  
Old 10-11-2018, 11:48 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2008
Posts: 160
Default

Some international, some more than others depending on what airframe. Even the phenoms go to Mexico, Canada, the Caribbean etc. The crew should work together to clean the plane. The smaller the plane the easier it is to clean! You don't usually get a long layover unless they are flipping your duty from mornings to evenings to have you fly a late trip. Then you often get flipped back later during your tour especially if you are out for 8 days. Good luck! The last class I spoke with said they were about 50/50 between phenom and challenger
bjtdrvr is offline  
Old 10-11-2018, 07:28 PM   #5  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Oct 2017
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtdrvr View Post
Well first you would have to get either of those airframes. Second check to see if they will approve Billings as a domicile. Third you will be put on the training schedule then flex bid till the next schedule type bid comes out. You can choose the 8/7 schedule but it pays a lesser daily rate. Then you would bid for your 8/7 start day based on what lines the company offers. Then you would start it. Ie leave on a tues get home the following tues. Then next tour leave on Wed get home on Wed and so on. Then you get to bid on vacation (after you accrue it) you will get one of your tours off so 7 days off then 8 days off then 7 days off again. Then normal tour again.

A few things incorrect above. Billings is already an approved base, 8/7 is the training schedule and you have the option, but are not required, to switch to PBS when you get done with training.
WiskeyTango is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 04:14 AM   #6  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtdrvr View Post
Well first you would have to get either of those airframes. Second check to see if they will approve Billings as a domicile. Third you will be put on the training schedule then flex bid till the next schedule type bid comes out. You can choose the 8/7 schedule but it pays a lesser daily rate. Then you would bid for your 8/7 start day based on what lines the company offers. Then you would start it. Ie leave on a tues get home the following tues. Then next tour leave on Wed get home on Wed and so on. Then you get to bid on vacation (after you accrue it) you will get one of your tours off so 7 days off then 8 days off then 7 days off again. Then normal tour again.
You forgot to mention 4-5 legs per day 14 hr duty days and min rest for the entire tour. Your just trading seats for the same job in a new airframe with a 10 yr upgrade.
Propilot77 is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 08:03 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 562
Default

The small planes arenít easier to clean. Spend an hour or more bent over in a Lead or Phenom cleaning up after 7-9 people go on spring break or do a transcon and your back will tell you that itís not easy to clean.

The bigger planes may have bigger messes, but youíre not stopped over the entire time picking them up.
FNGFO is online now  
Old 10-12-2018, 06:04 PM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left
Posts: 1,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximusaviator View Post
Hi all. Currently at a regional and have an interview lined up.
Just wondering what a typical schedule looks like for Challenger/Legacy 8/7 schedule out of a remote domicile like Billings, MT?

Thanks in advance!
Did they promise you either fleet type? Better get it in writing...
David Puddy is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 08:28 PM   #9  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jun 2018
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propilot77 View Post
You forgot to mention 4-5 legs per day 14 hr duty days and min rest for the entire tour. Your just trading seats for the same job in a new airframe with a 10 yr upgrade.
Wrong! Complete lie here.
SmarterThanYou is offline  
Old 10-12-2018, 08:29 PM   #10  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jun 2018
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNGFO View Post
The small planes arenít easier to clean. Spend an hour or more bent over in a Lead or Phenom cleaning up after 7-9 people go on spring break or do a transcon and your back will tell you that itís not easy to clean.

The bigger planes may have bigger messes, but youíre not stopped over the entire time picking them up.
This is true...
SmarterThanYou is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply

Tags
flexjet, schedules
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saying goodbye to Flexjet joel payne Fractional 31 03-14-2018 12:59 PM
Flexjet Getting Legacy 500s & 450s - AIN Fetzervalve Fractional 4 09-22-2015 12:42 PM
Flexjet Moving Forward With LR85 Replacement Fetzervalve Fractional 4 05-08-2015 05:10 AM
Business is booming at Flexjet Sata 4000 RP Fractional 0 06-03-2013 11:15 AM
Flexjet info joel payne Fractional 1 11-29-2007 05:49 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:05 AM.