Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2021, 02:14 PM   #1  
XOJET Citation X
Thread Starter
 
chase's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: XOJET Citation X - FO
Posts: 200
Default Vista Jet Hiring for CL 350 First Officers

Got word today there is a need for CL 350 First Officers at Vista Jet.

This link will take you to the info sheet on qualifications and the app button to apply is at the bottom of the application page.

This link will take you to the pay scale, bonus pay explanation, minimum experience required, upgrade process, time off and scheduling info.

Good luck!

Requirements
​​​​​​

Description

Position at XO Crew Resources LLCPILOT QUALIFICATIONS

•Impeccable safety record
• FAA First Class Medical
• ATP rated or Commercial rated with ATP written complete
• Restricted Radiotelephone Operators Permit
• Valid driver’s license
• Valid passport
• Ability to work in an ever changing fast-pace environment
• Excellent team management skills
• Excellent client service skills

MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS

• SIC:1,500 Total Time | 500 Turbine Hours
• PIC: 3,000 Total Time | 1000 Jet/Turboprop Hours

QUALITY OF LIFE


• Flexible Home Basing Options
• 15 on, 13 off schedule
• No Commute, Positive Space Seats
• Defined Rest Policy
• Known Crewmember Badge (KCM)
• Per Diem
• Company Issued iPhone
• Company Credit Card
• Hotel / Airline Loyalty Programs
• Rental Cars on the Road
• Quality Hotel Properties
chase is offline  
Old 04-02-2021, 06:12 PM   #2  
Not home.
 
Dubh's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2018
Position: Captain
Posts: 38
Default

Is the pay still horrible?
Dubh is offline  
Old 04-03-2021, 08:26 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
TeamSasquatch's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 334
Default

Do they have a list of bases? Or just commercial service to your home airport?
TeamSasquatch is online now  
Old 04-03-2021, 01:24 PM   #4  
XOJET Citation X
Thread Starter
 
chase's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: XOJET Citation X - FO
Posts: 200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSasquatch View Post
Do they have a list of bases? Or just commercial service to your home airport?
I'm sure there are some cities that "home basing" doesn't work from but if there is a decent size airport near where you live with decent 121 service then I would say you're OK. Care to share what airport you would fly out of? If we have some already from there I can check. Thanks for your interest.
chase is offline  
Old 04-03-2021, 04:23 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
TeamSasquatch's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase View Post
I'm sure there are some cities that "home basing" doesn't work from but if there is a decent size airport near where you live with decent 121 service then I would say you're OK. Care to share what airport you would fly out of? If we have some already from there I can check. Thanks for your interest.
Thanks, I’m in between these two.

KGPI (FCA)
KMSO
TeamSasquatch is online now  
Old 04-04-2021, 08:59 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
MysteriousMrX's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2017
Posts: 244
Default

Thanks for the info, Chase!
Is it possible to get hired on the Challenger but upgrade into the Global?

Vacation: am I reading it wrong, or do you not get any extra days beyond the 13 you’re regularly off???

How often is recurrent and is that done on days off or during a rotation?

Let’s say your gateway airport is RSW (Fort Myers) but you’re rotation ends in.... Tampa. Or Miami, for example. No airlines between MIA or TPA and RSW... hell of an expensive Uber- does company cover that or will they do all they can to not assign you a trip that ends like that??
Thx!
MysteriousMrX is offline  
Old 04-04-2021, 05:05 PM   #7  
On Reserve
 
CosmoKramer86's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2020
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteriousMrX View Post
Thanks for the info, Chase!
Is it possible to get hired on the Challenger but upgrade into the Global?

Vacation: am I reading it wrong, or do you not get any extra days beyond the 13 you’re regularly off???

How often is recurrent and is that done on days off or during a rotation?

Let’s say your gateway airport is RSW (Fort Myers) but you’re rotation ends in.... Tampa. Or Miami, for example. No airlines between MIA or TPA and RSW... hell of an expensive Uber- does company cover that or will they do all they can to not assign you a trip that ends like that??
Thx!
Flow to Global is based on seniority/company need. Wouldn’t plan on seeing that Global for years though. We accrue 1 week paid vacation per year which is bid annually, so once a year you get 20ish consecutive days off. Recurrent is done every 6 months, one being a 1 day 297 ride and the other being the full recurrent. All done on days off, however you are paid for your time. As far as ending rotation in a semi close city to your base, you’ll be driving a rental car home which is company paid. They cover all costs associated start/end transition.
Send me a PM if you have more questions
CosmoKramer86 is offline  
Old 04-05-2021, 07:10 AM   #8  
On Reserve
 
SkyPilot3's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Posts: 14
Default

A few questions. Are your first and last day travel to/from the aircraft included in the 15 duty day cycle?
Can you describe a typical day on duty? Are you basically working 14 hour duty day with the 10 hour minimum rest period?

I applied for the position a few days ago, how long does it take to usually hear back? Thanks for any and all information.
SkyPilot3 is offline  
Old 04-05-2021, 03:21 PM   #9  
On Reserve
 
CosmoKramer86's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2020
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyPilot3 View Post
A few questions. Are your first and last day travel to/from the aircraft included in the 15 duty day cycle?
Can you describe a typical day on duty? Are you basically working 14 hour duty day with the 10 hour minimum rest period?

I applied for the position a few days ago, how long does it take to usually hear back? Thanks for any and all information.
Yes, first/last travel days are included in 15 days. Be prepared to fly on first and last days though. Some days are 14 hours, really depends on company need and if another plane goes AOG. They do try to give us at least 12 hours rest when they can. It took about a month for me to hear back and this was 2 years ago. No idea what turnaround time is now. Good luck
CosmoKramer86 is offline  
Old 04-05-2021, 04:30 PM   #10  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Mar 2021
Posts: 2
Default Vista Jet Hiring for CL 350 First Officers

ME: 4000 TT; ATP; 600 turbine; lots more turbo prop; plus more

THEM: (12 hours after resume submission) No, Thank You
Swing window is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aeroservice Aviation Center Career Fair atpwannabe Career Questions 7 01-17-2009 05:02 PM
Jet Airways no longer hiring! Boomerang Foreign 5 10-18-2008 03:48 PM
XO Jet Hiring???? pilutguy Fractional 5 10-15-2008 03:28 AM
ATA/Champion/Aloha/Sun Country/Furloughed?-USA Jet is Hiring atpcliff Major 18 05-01-2008 10:17 AM
USA Jet Hiring NOW-Better than a Regional??? atpcliff Regional 114 04-11-2008 11:42 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:59 AM.