Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Fractional NetJets, FlexJet, etc
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #31  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Red Forman's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Citations
Posts: 1,254
Default

Wow, the pay sucked before and now it's even worse.
Red Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #32  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2011
Position: CJ4 manager/pilot
Posts: 944
Default

That's disgusting.
DirectTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #33  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorpilot83 View Post
Poor management, that is what happened. They are not willing to pay for people with actual experience to run an operation and as a result can not make a profit, even though we are constantly flying.
I might tweak that a little; the airplane is hand built Italian...wayyy to mx intensive for day-to-day use...and a turboprop...no customer wants to spend money on one of those...

Now, if it was used for what it was designed for- regional airplane, parked in the hangar with a dedicated pit crew- it might treat you OK. Unfortunately, that prices one out of the competition.

Bottom line, wrong airplane for that job.
sharkbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #34  
Gets Weekends Off
 
BTpilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: 757/767
Posts: 475
Default

My goodness.. 2nd year regional and I tear that pay scale apart.

I quite honestly thought Avantair had a better QOL for 7/7
BTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:14 AM   #35  
Gets Weekends Off
 
USMCFLYR's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'
Posts: 11,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTpilot View Post
My goodness.. 2nd year regional and I tear that pay scale apart.

I quite honestly thought Avantair had a better QOL for 7/7
You do?
I was just reading in another thread that every regional pilot only makes around 16-25K and will be making around $30K for the next 10 years and won't be able to pay off loans or eat anything but raman noodles for a decade

Something must be wrong.

USMCFLYR
USMCFLYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:41 AM   #36  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
You do?
I was just reading in another thread that every regional pilot only makes around 16-25K and will be making around $30K for the next 10 years and won't be able to pay off loans or eat anything but raman noodles for a decade

Something must be wrong.

USMCFLYR
Depends on where you work of course.

Second year where I'm at also breaks that payscale quite easily if you're a lineholder, with quite a few more days off as well. Sorry to see this Avantair guys... Looks like they want a revolving door there.
wrxpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:51 AM   #37  
Gets Weekends Off
 
BTpilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: 757/767
Posts: 475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxpilot View Post

Depends on where you work of course.

Second year where I'm at also breaks that payscale quite easily if you're a lineholder, with quite a few more days off as well. Sorry to see this Avantair guys... Looks like they want a revolving door there.
Yeah if you're a Skywest or whiskey guy you do better than that payscale..

It really is disappointing because fractional should NOT make less than us.. Those guys work hard and have a whole different job than airline guys in my opinion.
BTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #38  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTpilot View Post
Yeah if you're a Skywest or whiskey guy you do better than that payscale..

It really is disappointing because fractional should NOT make less than us.. Those guys work hard and have a whole different job than airline guys in my opinion.
Completely agree. I've met a few Avantair crews when I was doing charter and corp... They're a good group, and I hope they don't have to put up with this BS for long.
wrxpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #39  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Desert Sky's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2009
Posts: 247
Default

First year FO on the 8/6 schedule makes 40k base plus per-diem totals 48k on the old scale. Not bad for a new hire.
Desert Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:21 AM   #40  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 41
Default

The old scale is GONE.
sharkbait is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Review of Avantair BeenThereDoneIt Fractional 61 12-17-2010 04:23 PM
Avantair, Inc. Reports Fiscal Fourth Quarter Geronimo4497 Fractional 11 10-01-2009 03:43 PM
Avantair Sells Phenom 100 Jet Positions to Executive AirShares Bill Lumberg Fractional 2 07-02-2008 06:08 AM
Auto Parts or Avantair dbrault17 Fractional 11 03-18-2008 05:30 PM
Legacy vs. Regional QOL? Nealman1 Regional 16 12-27-2007 05:18 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:00 PM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1