Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2019, 02:44 PM   #41  
P/T Gear Slinger
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Position: Airbus
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReserveCA View Post
Any point to ordering the FLICA year end log?
Based upon it popping up EVERY time you hit the home page,.... no.
emersonbiguns is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 06:44 PM   #42  
Gets Weekends Off
 
FlyingR6's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2008
Position: F9 FO
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emersonbiguns View Post
Based upon it popping up EVERY time you hit the home page,.... no.
There is a way to opt out of it doing that. I think it's the last hyperlink on the page that pops up.
FlyingR6 is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 07:18 AM   #43  
Layover Master
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,155
Default

Does the new contract have a min day guarantee or any rigs?
PotatoChip is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 07:35 AM   #44  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: 1900D CA
Posts: 1,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoChip View Post
Does the new contract have a min day guarantee or any rigs?
Yes.

Trip rig is 3.5:1 pretty much the same as everyone else.

We also have a min duty period average of 5 hours per duty period. This is not worth much, honestly. In fact, in almost all cases, the 3.5:1 trip rig adds more credit to a given trip than an average min duty period would
Aero1900 is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 07:49 AM   #45  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2013
Posts: 987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero1900 View Post
Yes.
This is not worth much, honestly. In fact, in almost all cases, the 3.5:1 trip rig adds more credit to a given trip than an average min duty period would
That depends on where you're based and how the company handles certain pairings from March onwards. In MCO there are a bunch of turns and 2-days that will benefit from the AMDP which trip rig won't touch, if they stick around.
Xdashdriver is offline  
Old 02-02-2019, 04:30 PM   #46  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero1900 View Post
Yes.

Trip rig is 3.5:1 pretty much the same as everyone else.

We also have a min duty period average of 5 hours per duty period. This is not worth much, honestly. In fact, in almost all cases, the 3.5:1 trip rig adds more credit to a given trip than an average min duty period would
Just kinda curious....with you guys getting PBS soon, is there any restriction or parameter in the contract in terms of them building a certain number of pairings that have excessively long overnights? Long enough where youíre sitting in the hotel and losing a duty day?
nuball5 is offline  
Old 02-02-2019, 04:45 PM   #47  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2016
Posts: 365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuball5 View Post
Just kinda curious....with you guys getting PBS soon, is there any restriction or parameter in the contract in terms of them building a certain number of pairings that have excessively long overnights? Long enough where youíre sitting in the hotel and losing a duty day?
3.5:1 trip rig protects you from that. A 24 hour sit yields almost 7 hours of pay credit. Iíll take that all day long.
Powderkeg is offline  
Old 02-02-2019, 05:04 PM   #48  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderkeg View Post
3.5:1 trip rig protects you from that. A 24 hour sit yields almost 7 hours of pay credit. Iíll take that all day long.
Yeah but what if after your 24 hour RON, you operate a red-eye back to domicile and your trip is over on day 3 at 7am? TAFB....call it 36 hours.
nuball5 is offline  
Old 02-02-2019, 05:35 PM   #49  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2016
Posts: 479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuball5 View Post
Yeah but what if after your 24 hour RON, you operate a red-eye back to domicile and your trip is over on day 3 at 7am? TAFB....call it 36 hours.
In that scenario, a 2 duty period trip that touches 3 calender days, with 36 hours TAFB would credit 10h29m.
PulledBreaker is offline  
Old 02-02-2019, 06:22 PM   #50  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PulledBreaker View Post
In that scenario, a 2 duty period trip that touches 3 calender days, with 36 hours TAFB would credit 10h29m.
Unless this 36 hour TAFB trip was:

- MOT Split
- DOT Split
- Vacation Overlap Split
- Trip Trade Split
- RGS Split
- jetway traded
- training except for OE
- Fatigue Call unless operationally induced

In the above loss of rig scenarios, the rig will begin accruing at the original sequence release time until the actual sequence release time if delayed and payroll needs to be notified if this applies as well as the rig provisions for combined sequences.
V1 McFlyerson is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amerijet To Vote on Ending IBT Representation White Cap Cargo 49 09-26-2019 07:11 PM
Flexjet Pilots it is simple! Flyrr Fractional 20 04-30-2018 09:00 AM
Ual mec pro statement jsled United 7 11-29-2012 12:08 AM
Spirit contract talks... UGLY BoredwLife Major 1 07-16-2008 02:27 PM
ALPA Officers Salary Scale old gasser Union Talk 28 06-08-2008 01:31 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:07 PM.