Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2019, 09:35 PM   #1  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 80
Default Fleet Count?

lets see. Gojet is losing the Delta planes. 9 crj-700s are out of action.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gojet Fleet Update.jpg (12.3 KB, 459 views)
Bombardier Stev is offline  
Old 08-12-2019, 09:38 PM   #2  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Sep 2018
Posts: 34
Default

Pilot shortage over. Easy as pie.
LadyJustice is offline  
Old 08-12-2019, 10:12 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Flyinlynn's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: Cessna 172 CFI
Posts: 220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombardier Stev View Post
lets see. Gojet is losing the Delta planes. 9 crj-700s are out of action.
“Recently announced growth will add at least 25 aircraft to property by late 2020

Launch customer for the all-new premium CRJ-550 for United Airlines

Taking Delivery of 50 CRJ-550’s by late 2020

Hiring over 500 pilots in the next year for growth”
Flyinlynn is offline  
Old 08-13-2019, 03:06 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2018
Posts: 501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinlynn View Post
“Recently announced growth will add at least 25 aircraft to property by late 2020

Launch customer for the all-new premium CRJ-550 for United Airlines

Taking Delivery of 50 CRJ-550’s by late 2020

Hiring over 500 pilots in the next year for growth”
That’s a year away! A lot can happen in that time.
Melit is offline  
Old 08-13-2019, 11:27 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Flyinlynn's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: Cessna 172 CFI
Posts: 220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melit View Post
That’s a year away! A lot can happen in that time.
Yes anything could happen a year we could be subjugated to our Martian overlords by then. Or our sun could go nova. But anyway, the Delta flying is not going away immediately so one could hope it will be a smooth transition.
Flyinlynn is offline  
Old 08-13-2019, 02:15 PM   #6  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jul 2018
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinlynn View Post
“Recently announced growth will add at least 25 aircraft to property by late 2020

Launch customer for the all-new premium CRJ-550 for United Airlines

Taking Delivery of 50 CRJ-550’s by late 2020

Hiring over 500 pilots in the next year for growth”
I recall something about counting chickens and hatching.

The 550 deal was announced back on Feb 6th, over 6 months ago and what is the Gojet pilot count? 570 pilots. They shot up 20 pilots in 6 months which is excellent for Gojet, just over 3 per month.

But now pilots are sitting, pilots are only getting contract guarantee and a class has been canceled. What's the best guess on the effect over the next month, down to 550, 560?

Gojet can't fly 50 planes in 6 months unless something bad happens to another carrier. Perhaps they lose a lot of flying? Gosh, can everyone say, Compass. Just think, Hulas had just found a way to hire 500 pilots without having to pay the 55,000 bonus.

Of course I know nothing other than Gojet is the worst airline in Aviation. Perhaps everyone at Gojet and Compass should be thinking "Save Compass", "Kill Gojet!" Every guy at Gojet will be better off although the natural tendency would be to fight that.
RockyMountain is offline  
Old 08-13-2019, 02:20 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2019
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMountain View Post
I recall something about counting chickens and hatching.

The 550 deal was announced back on Feb 6th, over 6 months ago and what is the Gojet pilot count? 570 pilots. They shot up 20 pilots in 6 months which is excellent for Gojet, just over 3 per month.

But now pilots are sitting, pilots are only getting contract guarantee and a class has been canceled. What's the best guess on the effect over the next month, down to 550, 560?

Gojet can't fly 50 planes in 6 months unless something bad happens to another carrier. Perhaps they lose a lot of flying? Gosh, can everyone say, Compass. Just think, Hulas had just found a way to hire 500 pilots without having to pay the 55,000 bonus.

Of course I know nothing other than Gojet is the worst airline in Aviation. Perhaps everyone at Gojet and Compass should be thinking "Save Compass", "Kill Gojet!" Every guy at Gojet will be better off although the natural tendency would be to fight that.
Is Hulas even offering Compass pilots to move over to GOJET with retained years of service (longevity) pay from Compass?
captive apple is offline  
Old 08-13-2019, 03:08 PM   #8  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: May 2019
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMountain View Post
I recall something about counting chickens and hatching.

The 550 deal was announced back on Feb 6th, over 6 months ago and what is the Gojet pilot count? 570 pilots. They shot up 20 pilots in 6 months which is excellent for Gojet, just over 3 per month.

But now pilots are sitting, pilots are only getting contract guarantee and a class has been canceled. What's the best guess on the effect over the next month, down to 550, 560?

Gojet can't fly 50 planes in 6 months unless something bad happens to another carrier. Perhaps they lose a lot of flying? Gosh, can everyone say, Compass. Just think, Hulas had just found a way to hire 500 pilots without having to pay the 55,000 bonus.

Of course I know nothing other than Gojet is the worst airline in Aviation. Perhaps everyone at Gojet and Compass should be thinking "Save Compass", "Kill Gojet!" Every guy at Gojet will be better off although the natural tendency would be to fight that.
What class has been cancelled? What was the start date?
paulhood is offline  
Old 08-13-2019, 03:48 PM   #9  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2017
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhood View Post
What class has been cancelled? What was the start date?
The August class was cancelled. There are supposed to be 2 in september but I will see it when I believe it as they say in St Louis.

I don't think Hulas would discriminate against Compass guys now because he can save 55k in bonuses if he does it right which he will. He is a smart guy and an expert in moving money from your pocket to his.

He won't give the bonus but will give a longevity deal so if a 4 year capt comes over he will start on 4 year capt pay. Unfortunate he will be frozen at that level for 4 years as we already do here. Skywest on the other hand will give up to 10 years longevity but you still go up one year each year you are at Skywest. Expect to average 30k to 40k more per year at Skywest if you go there. Personally, I believe the chance to be based in Newark and the beverage bar on the 550 will more than make up for the lower pay. Little things like that is why Gojet is #1.
Strenyakov is offline  
Old 08-13-2019, 05:15 PM   #10  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: May 2019
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strenyakov View Post
The August class was cancelled. There are supposed to be 2 in september but I will see it when I believe it as they say in St Louis.

I don't think Hulas would discriminate against Compass guys now because he can save 55k in bonuses if he does it right which he will. He is a smart guy and an expert in moving money from your pocket to his.

He won't give the bonus but will give a longevity deal so if a 4 year capt comes over he will start on 4 year capt pay. Unfortunate he will be frozen at that level for 4 years as we already do here. Skywest on the other hand will give up to 10 years longevity but you still go up one year each year you are at Skywest. Expect to average 30k to 40k more per year at Skywest if you go there. Personally, I believe the chance to be based in Newark and the beverage bar on the 550 will more than make up for the lower pay. Little things like that is why Gojet is #1.
So you are saying that the class that was scheduled to start on 08/20 was canceled? Do you know this for a fact? Or do you just think it was canceled.
paulhood is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's happening at Horizon and Jets? mike734 Horizon Air 3757 08-12-2019 09:51 AM
Fleet Discussion and News CLazarus United 769 04-09-2019 09:42 AM
FDX - Fleet / Bid Plan KnightFlyer Cargo 95 04-01-2014 07:39 PM
757 and 767 Fleet Composition UAL T38 Phlyer United 16 01-16-2014 01:31 PM
A380 fleet strategy -- FedEx Diesel 10 Cargo 0 10-05-2005 06:19 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:09 PM.