Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2021, 08:19 PM   #191  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ElCaribe's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2020
Posts: 320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman21 View Post
Where did you hear this from? It's not that UA loves SkyWest. They're too big to get rid of, that's all. No one loves SkyWest except SkyWest themselves!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Skywest is a reliable and stable known quantity. They also own all their own airplanes. UA loves them in sense of business purposes. The proof is in the pudding with the UAX fleet allocations and contracts.
ElCaribe is offline  
Old 07-21-2021, 08:26 PM   #192  
Line Holder
 
groundlooper's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2020
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCaribe View Post
in sense of business purposes.
This is what it comes down to. If business purposes require/allow it, United will ditch Skywest. love has nothing to do with it
groundlooper is offline  
Old 07-21-2021, 08:27 PM   #193  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ElCaribe's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2020
Posts: 320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundlooper View Post
This is what it comes down to. If business purposes require/allow it, United will ditch Skywest
Yes, and well after they’re ditched GoJet, Air Wisc, CommutAir, Mesa, and then Republic.
ElCaribe is offline  
Old 07-21-2021, 08:55 PM   #194  
Line Holder
 
groundlooper's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2020
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCaribe View Post
Yes, and well after they’re ditched GoJet, Air Wisc, CommutAir, Mesa, and then Republic.
'
I don't disagree, but that's a function of scale rather than "love" for Skywest.
groundlooper is offline  
Old 07-21-2021, 09:09 PM   #195  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ElCaribe's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2020
Posts: 320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundlooper View Post
'
I don't disagree, but that's a function of scale rather than "love" for Skywest.
Yes, you are correct in that argument.
ElCaribe is offline  
Old 07-21-2021, 11:49 PM   #196  
Line Holder
 
GojetFires's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2018
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundlooper View Post
'
I don't disagree, but that's a function of scale rather than "love" for Skywest.
Bull****. UA, Delta, American, and Alaska all love Skywest which is why SW has 500 planes. They are ultra efficient, They have everything planned. They don't even wait for tires to wear out, they replace them when the computer tells them it is time to replace so they will be ready and service won't be interrupted.

They pay their pilots well and incentivize so the pilots won't want a union. No airline has to worry if SW will come through.
GojetFires is offline  
Old 07-22-2021, 04:40 AM   #197  
Gets Weekends Off
 
gojo's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,597
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCaribe View Post
Skywest is a reliable and stable known quantity. They also own all their own airplanes. UA loves them in sense of business purposes. The proof is in the pudding with the UAX fleet allocations and contracts.
Nut entirely true. Skywest operates several Delta owned airplanes. Maybe you’re referring to the United planes?
gojo is offline  
Old 07-22-2021, 07:19 AM   #198  
Gets Weekends Off
 
itsmytime's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2017
Posts: 837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GojetFires View Post
Bull****. UA, Delta, American, and Alaska all love Skywest which is why SW has 500 planes. They are ultra efficient, They have everything planned. They don't even wait for tires to wear out, they replace them when the computer tells them it is time to replace so they will be ready and service won't be interrupted.

They pay their pilots well and incentivize so the pilots won't want a union. No airline has to worry if SW will come through.
truth. I used to be anti Skywest, but they have made a believer out of me in recent years. Republic guys claim that Republic is like a major. Skywest is the only regional with “major” status. If there is only one regional left, it will be Skywest.
itsmytime is offline  
Old 07-22-2021, 08:03 AM   #199  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ElCaribe's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2020
Posts: 320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojo View Post
Nut entirely true. Skywest operates several Delta owned airplanes. Maybe you’re referring to the United planes?
I’m referring to all their airplanes as mentioned above: UA/DL/AA/AS. It’s not an accident they all use significantly Skywest.
ElCaribe is offline  
Old 07-22-2021, 08:05 AM   #200  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ElCaribe's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2020
Posts: 320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmytime View Post
truth. I used to be anti Skywest, but they have made a believer out of me in recent years. Republic guys claim that Republic is like a major. Skywest is the only regional with “major” status. If there is only one regional left, it will be Skywest.
I wouldn’t go so far as to say Skywest is a major. As far as regionals go they’re the best run which is why they have recurring business. For the record I am not nor have ever been a Skywest pilot.
ElCaribe is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thoughts about CURRENT GoJet fastmulti GoJet 129 07-08-2010 06:20 PM
GO GoJet !!! SkyHigh GoJet 179 02-09-2009 07:14 AM
Air Cargo Growth Forecast Freight Dog Cargo 1 05-21-2006 09:27 AM
UPS Growth Story Live On Freighter Captain Cargo 0 10-21-2005 07:29 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:25 PM.