Notices
GoJet Regional Airline

GoJet Growth

Old 07-22-2021, 10:12 AM
  #201  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,884
Default

Originally Posted by ElCaribe View Post
I wouldn’t go so far as to say Skywest is a major. As far as regionals go they’re the best run which is why they have recurring business. For the record I am not nor have ever been a Skywest pilot.

think he is talking “financial terms” OO qualifies for the “major” status.. we all know they are a regional…
amcnd is offline  
Old 07-22-2021, 01:29 PM
  #202  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Posts: 621
Default

Originally Posted by GojetFires View Post
Bull****. UA, Delta, American, and Alaska all love Skywest which is why SW has 500 planes. They are ultra efficient, They have everything planned. They don't even wait for tires to wear out, they replace them when the computer tells them it is time to replace so they will be ready and service won't be interrupted.

They pay their pilots well and incentivize so the pilots won't want a union. No airline has to worry if SW will come through.
if they are so great why is their D:0 lower than ZW and G7?
tonsterboy5 is offline  
Old 07-22-2021, 02:57 PM
  #203  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2021
Posts: 351
Default

Originally Posted by tonsterboy5 View Post
if they are so great why is their D:0 lower than ZW and G7?
Why is UA below SkyWest in every single performance?

Why is commutair embarrassingly dead last in almost every single performance category while making aggressive efforts to grow? The best part is they’re working with 1 type and a few domicile’s, absolutely pathetic.

UA and SkyWest can actually handle a massive fleet, different types, multiple domicile’s, and huge pilot list. At the end of day you need to throw a decent performance number on the board.
KirillTheThrill is offline  
Old 07-22-2021, 06:18 PM
  #204  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2012
Posts: 470
Default

Originally Posted by tonsterboy5 View Post
if they are so great why is their D:0 lower than ZW and G7?

Because OO has a bigger system that are either severely understaffed, or has lots of flow control than the other UAX, Only flying around the Midwest/northeast might be a different story.
Hawker445 is offline  
Old 07-22-2021, 08:15 PM
  #205  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,338
Default

Originally Posted by ElCaribe View Post
I wouldn’t go so far as to say Skywest is a major.
The US DOT does.
threeighteen is offline  
Old 07-22-2021, 08:59 PM
  #206  
Gets Everyday Off
 
TransWorld's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Relaxed
Posts: 3,906
Default

Originally Posted by amcnd View Post
think he is talking “financial terms” OO qualifies for the “major” status.. we all know they are a regional…
Yep. Majors fly 737 and 320s. They do not fly 50 and 76 seaters. I know it when I see it. Full stop.
TransWorld is online now  
Old 07-23-2021, 05:01 AM
  #207  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Posts: 621
Default

Originally Posted by Hawker445 View Post
Because OO has a bigger system that are either severely understaffed, or has lots of flow control than the other UAX, Only flying around the Midwest/northeast might be a different story.
but the comment was in direct response to someone saying Skywest is great at attracting people. Are they great at attracting people or severely understaffed? Flow control is given relatively equally to regionals… if anything Skywest gets less due to them having longer routes not subject to the close in flow programs. It has nothing to do with particular regions as Skywest numbers into these same regions is significantly poorer than the others. On days when there is no major disruptions anywhere in the country Skywest is almost always on the bottom of performance board. Skywest creeps up the board when one hub has issues and they can average it out with the other hubs.
tonsterboy5 is offline  
Old 07-23-2021, 06:54 AM
  #208  
Gets Weekends Off
 
brockenspectre's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2020
Position: 25A
Posts: 361
Default

Originally Posted by tonsterboy5 View Post
but the comment was in direct response to someone saying Skywest is great at attracting people. Are they great at attracting people or severely understaffed? Flow control is given relatively equally to regionals… if anything Skywest gets less due to them having longer routes not subject to the close in flow programs. It has nothing to do with particular regions as Skywest numbers into these same regions is significantly poorer than the others. On days when there is no major disruptions anywhere in the country Skywest is almost always on the bottom of performance board. Skywest creeps up the board when one hub has issues and they can average it out with the other hubs.
You fly for GoJet?
brockenspectre is offline  
Old 07-23-2021, 12:30 PM
  #209  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Posts: 621
Default

Originally Posted by brockenspectre View Post
You fly for GoJet?
does it matter who I work for? If you are spouting factually wrong information I can call you out.
tonsterboy5 is offline  
Old 07-23-2021, 12:31 PM
  #210  
Gets Weekends Off
 
brockenspectre's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2020
Position: 25A
Posts: 361
Default

Originally Posted by tonsterboy5 View Post
does it matter who I work for? If you are spouting factually wrong information I can call you out.
Well, sure would put into perspective your lack of knowledge on things......

It would appear you are at Air Wisconsin. You ashamed to admit that or something?

Last edited by brockenspectre; 07-23-2021 at 01:01 PM.
brockenspectre is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
fastmulti
GoJet
129
07-08-2010 06:20 PM
SkyHigh
GoJet
179
02-09-2009 07:14 AM
Freight Dog
Cargo
1
05-21-2006 09:27 AM
Freighter Captain
Cargo
0
10-21-2005 07:29 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread