Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   GoJet (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/gojet/)
-   -   GoJet Growth (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/gojet/131625-gojet-growth.html)

threeighteen 09-02-2021 03:01 PM


Originally Posted by tallpilot (Post 3289482)
Most 135 jet operators are not 'commuters.' They are standard or basic.

they don't have to be, just have to meet one of those stipulations, not all.

foxtroutuniform 09-02-2021 03:48 PM

Re
 
Kelly 2014 Legal Interpretation for those that are interested

CASApilot 09-02-2021 05:19 PM

Part 135 PIC in a turbojet counts. Doesn't matter if it'd a citation 1 or a g650.

ElCaribe 09-02-2021 05:42 PM


Originally Posted by HwkrPlt (Post 3289487)
But if you're flying a jet with ten or more seats it counts, right?

Commuter would be scheduled, and On Demand would be charter.

ElCaribe 09-02-2021 05:45 PM


Originally Posted by CASApilot (Post 3289582)
Part 135 PIC in a turbojet counts. Doesn't matter if it'd a citation 1 or a g650.

Doesnít count unless itís scheduled. Example: Contour, JSX.

On demand (charter): Netjets, XOJET, wheels up ó do not count.

OscarRomeo 09-02-2021 06:03 PM


Originally Posted by ElCaribe (Post 3289595)
Doesnít count unless itís scheduled. Example: Contour, JSX.

On demand (charter): Netjets, XOJET, wheels up ó do not count.

Reference?

ElCaribe 09-02-2021 09:19 PM


Originally Posted by OscarRomeo (Post 3289602)
Reference?

FAR 121.436(3) and 135.243(a)(1)

OscarRomeo 09-03-2021 04:12 AM


Originally Posted by ElCaribe (Post 3289679)
FAR 121.436(3) and 135.243(a)(1)

Maybe the regs changed at some point, but it does not have to be scheduled ops unless it is a prop with less than 10 seats.

135.243(a)(1): Of a turbojet airplane, of an airplane having a passenger*seat configuration, excluding each crewmember seat, of 10 seats or more, or of a multiengine airplane in a commuter operation as defined in part 119 of this chapter, unless that person holds an airline transport pilot certificate with appropriate category and class ratings and, if required, an appropriate type rating for that airplane.

tonsterboy5 09-03-2021 05:47 AM


Originally Posted by OscarRomeo (Post 3289720)
Maybe the regs changed at some point, but it does not have to be scheduled ops unless it is a prop with less than 10 seats.

135.243(a)(1): Of a turbojet airplane, of an airplane having a passenger*seat configuration, excluding each crewmember seat, of 10 seats or more, or of a multiengine airplane in a commuter operation as defined in part 119 of this chapter, unless that person holds an airline transport pilot certificate with appropriate category and class ratings and, if required, an appropriate type rating for that airplane.

Commuter operation means any scheduled operation conducted by any person operating one of the following types of aircraft with a frequency of operations of at least five round trips per week on at least one route between two or more points according to the published flight schedules:

(1) Airplanes, other than turbojet-powered airplanes, having a maximum passenger-seat configuration of 9 seats or less, excluding each crewmember seat, and a maximum payload capacity of 7,500 pounds or less; or

(2) Rotorcraft.

Key is 10 seats or more in a jet or scheduled operation in all else

Regionalnewbie 09-20-2021 01:23 AM


Originally Posted by brockenspectre (Post 3268734)
You are the typical bottom feeder at the major level. Still the new guy who wants so bad to be accepted and wanted by his peers. But, when it is figured out they don't give a crap about you or your opinion, they hang out in the regional boards with drivel posts like this. You guys stick out like a sore thumb, and it is frankly really pathetic. You need to put your efforts into kissing ass, and doing coffee and food runs for your PIC. Oh, and also stepping up your game to impress people outside of your circle that you are a pilot at a major carrier.

You know you guys are made fun of by your peers don't you? If you haven't figured that out yet, you will eventually.

Im going to muse that Brockenspectre is Gabriel Wall from OO and also from Australia.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:18 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands