Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 05-23-2015, 10:43 AM
  #6311  
Gets Weekends Off
 
NuGuy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,210
Default

Originally Posted by NWA320pilot View Post
Flight today to TUL..... Captain made PA on what military aircraft he and FO had flown. Talked about weapons school and importance of FO's dad being his friend. �� But the best was him talking about not doing any aileron rolls on the flight today.

When are these guys going to figure out they no longer are in the air force and are now just a number......
Bet his FO was doing the double face palm....
NuGuy is online now  
Old 05-23-2015, 11:00 AM
  #6312  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2010
Position: Representing the REAL Delta
Posts: 643
Default

Originally Posted by F15Cricket View Post
Interesting perspective, but realize you are a grizzled airline travel veteran. Many people who don't fly often appreciate this kind of info.

I flew with a Capt who did something similar, and about half the people made positive comments after they got off the 5 hour flight. Many of them thanked us for our service. Others appreciated the humor. Nobody had a negative comment (guess you weren't on the flight.)

Yea, they may have gone over the top, but I nominate you for TOTD, especially for bringing this up ... On Memorial Day weekend!
Sorry man....your captain was displaying douche like behavior.
cornbeef007 is offline  
Old 05-23-2015, 11:05 AM
  #6313  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,189
Default

Originally Posted by RockyBoy View Post
This has to be one of the two famous guys here. Either a DTW 320 guy or an ATL 88 guy. Its really awkward when he gets a civilian FO. Last time I was with the DTW guy after he got done spewing how great his military career was for 5 minutes he would say, "The First Officer is a civilian trained pilot, but rest assured he is safe even though he is not from the military." Not kidding.

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaa
ShyGuy is offline  
Old 05-23-2015, 11:15 AM
  #6314  
Looking for a laugh
 
Justdoinmyjob's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,099
Default

Originally Posted by F15Cricket View Post
Yea, they may have gone over the top, but I nominate you for TOTD, especially for bringing this up ... On Memorial Day weekend!
Yeah, no. As a veteran, that kind of PA is toolish, anytime of the year. I served, I am proud of what I did, but nobody needs to know my life history.
Justdoinmyjob is offline  
Old 05-23-2015, 11:44 AM
  #6315  
Gets Weekends Off
 
NWA320pilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 737 Capt
Posts: 1,164
Default

Originally Posted by F15Cricket View Post
Interesting perspective, but realize you are a grizzled airline travel veteran. Many people who don't fly often appreciate this kind of info.

I flew with a Capt who did something similar, and about half the people made positive comments after they got off the 5 hour flight. Many of them thanked us for our service. Others appreciated the humor. Nobody had a negative comment (guess you weren't on the flight.)

Yea, they may have gone over the top, but I nominate you for TOTD, especially for bringing this up ... On Memorial Day weekend!
Ah cricket your call sign should be grasshopper as you have much to learn about airline flying.
NWA320pilot is offline  
Old 05-23-2015, 12:32 PM
  #6316  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green
Posts: 4,250
Default

Originally Posted by NWA320pilot View Post
Ah cricket your call sign should be grasshopper as you have much to learn about airline flying.
Now that's funny. We all had to be in Cricket's shoes at one time or another.
Packrat is offline  
Old 05-23-2015, 12:41 PM
  #6317  
Gets Weekends Off
 
F15Cricket's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Right Seat 737, Front seat T-6
Posts: 501
Default

Originally Posted by Justdoinmyjob View Post
Yeah, no. As a veteran, that kind of PA is toolish, anytime of the year. I served, I am proud of what I did, but nobody needs to know my life history.
Wrong yet again. It was actually amazing to see how many of our pax appreciated it, and our service.

How toolish to deny them the opportunity to say thanks ... Not to me as an individual, but to allow them to express thanks to all those who have and are still serving, and for those who have given their lives. They cannot say thanks to faceless thousands, so instead they are able to express it to an individual.

Again, it isn't for me, but for the taxpayer joe-average American to express their gratitude. I guess you still don't get it after however long you served in the military ... But then again, from your posts, it seems your military career and now your airline career are all about you, eh?

Going in depth about my background on aPA is silly, but still not toolish.
F15Cricket is offline  
Old 05-23-2015, 12:42 PM
  #6318  
Gets Weekends Off
 
F15Cricket's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Right Seat 737, Front seat T-6
Posts: 501
Default

Originally Posted by NWA320pilot View Post
Ah cricket your call sign should be grasshopper as you have much to learn about airline flying.
I will always admit I have much to learn, but in this case, Mr. Grasshopper is your teacher.
F15Cricket is offline  
Old 05-23-2015, 01:03 PM
  #6319  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2011
Posts: 173
Default

Originally Posted by F15Cricket View Post
Wrong yet again. It was actually amazing to see how many of our pax appreciated it, and our service.

How toolish to deny them the opportunity to say thanks ... Not to me as an individual, but to allow them to express thanks to all those who have and are still serving, and for those who have given their lives. They cannot say thanks to faceless thousands, so instead they are able to express it to an individual.

Again, it isn't for me, but for the taxpayer joe-average American to express their gratitude. I guess you still don't get it after however long you served in the military ... But then again, from your posts, it seems your military career and now your airline career are all about you, eh?

Going in depth about my background on aPA is silly, but still not toolish.
Lol. This is gold. Please keep talking about this subject.
encore is offline  
Old 05-23-2015, 03:59 PM
  #6320  
Looking for a laugh
 
Justdoinmyjob's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,099
Default

Originally Posted by F15Cricket View Post
Wrong yet again. It was actually amazing to see how many of our pax appreciated it, and our service.

How toolish to deny them the opportunity to say thanks ... Not to me as an individual, but to allow them to express thanks to all those who have and are still serving, and for those who have given their lives. They cannot say thanks to faceless thousands, so instead they are able to express it to an individual.

Again, it isn't for me, but for the taxpayer joe-average American to express their gratitude. I guess you still don't get it after however long you served in the military ... But then again, from your posts, it seems your military career and now your airline career are all about you, eh?

Going in depth about my background on aPA is silly, but still not toolish.
You really are a legend in your own mind! Can I please show your post to some SpecOps guys I know? I'm sure they need a good laugh this weekend. Do your job and go home. No need for public thanks. That is their motto.
Justdoinmyjob is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Elvis90
Military
2
11-11-2010 09:25 AM
meloveboeing
Regional
5
10-02-2010 07:47 AM
kc135driver
United
119
08-24-2010 08:30 AM
exerauflyboy5
Flight Schools and Training
15
02-18-2009 08:29 PM
Busdriver
JetBlue
70
01-16-2006 10:32 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread