Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Tool of the day

Old 05-27-2015, 04:10 PM
  #6431  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Elliot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: "Prof" button manipulator
Posts: 1,680
Default

Originally Posted by captjns View Post
You haven't taken the time to enlighten this forum how in your opinion that the RT exchange was "mistake"
I skipped your deflection, as I don't remember saying it "wasn't" a mistake? Please "enlighten" me on where I stated such?

As I also had to explain to John, the initial reason of my post was to allude to the fact that there might've been things going on "behind the scenes" that none of us, not even 'perfect' you, John & Pharrot knew about.

Overall, I think it was wrong, a mistake, unprofessional and the Capt. obviously had to answer for it. Just not quite sure why we're still dwelling on it almost a year later?
Elliot is offline  
Old 05-27-2015, 04:23 PM
  #6432  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2013
Posts: 4,051
Default

Are you CA Happy?

I didn't need ANYTHING "explained" to me. I simply posted it because 1) It's funny and 2) ground controllers were the flavor du jour at the time.

It was simply that it's a "two way street" between pilots and controllers for TOTD purposes.

Do you need that explained to you?
John Carr is offline  
Old 05-27-2015, 04:33 PM
  #6433  
Gets Weekends Off
 
RhinoPherret's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2012
Posts: 993
Default

Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
I skipped your deflection, as I don't remember saying it "wasn't" a mistake? Please "enlighten" me on where I stated such?

As I also had to explain to John, the initial reason of my post was to allude to the fact that there might've been things going on "behind the scenes" that none of us, not even 'perfect' you, John & Pharrot knew about.

Overall, I think it was wrong, a mistake, unprofessional and the Capt. obviously had to answer for it. Just not quite sure why we're still dwelling on it almost a year later?
Oh Elliot. Stop the drama. Just consider it a blast from the past and move on. Lordy!
RhinoPherret is offline  
Old 05-27-2015, 04:35 PM
  #6434  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Elliot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: "Prof" button manipulator
Posts: 1,680
Default

Originally Posted by John Carr View Post
Are you CA Happy?
No, but thanks for asking.

Originally Posted by John Carr View Post
Do you need that explained to you?
Nope, at least not from you!
Elliot is offline  
Old 05-27-2015, 04:36 PM
  #6435  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Elliot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: "Prof" button manipulator
Posts: 1,680
Default

Originally Posted by RhinoPherret View Post
Oh Elliot. Stop the drama. Just consider it a blast from the past and move on. Lordy!
You could probably take the same advice, Pherret? For someone who posts something from a year ago!
Elliot is offline  
Old 05-27-2015, 04:37 PM
  #6436  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2013
Posts: 4,051
Default

Sigh........
John Carr is offline  
Old 05-27-2015, 04:38 PM
  #6437  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Elliot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: "Prof" button manipulator
Posts: 1,680
Default

..deleted..

Last edited by Elliot; 05-27-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Elliot is offline  
Old 05-27-2015, 06:34 PM
  #6438  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Dolphinflyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2012
Posts: 649
Default

Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
I think we (aviation community) should cut the guy a break? Maybe he had some personal stresses at home with his marriage/kids? Maybe a stressful commute? Or maybe something as simple as he was stressed over an early show and hadn't had his morning coffee?

This First Officer, obviously, received a meeting with pilot management. Hopefully they were able to get him the help he needed for his personal stresses and realize too, people make mistakes.

I'll remember that Pherret & Carr have NEVER made a mistake. Check!

Elliot


No, suck it up and realize you 'Richarded' it up in the internet age, go home and don't let it happen again.

If I was a Chief, I'd play the tape, ask about and explain that I understand any external problems and offer total support, get reassurance that **** just happens once every 20 years, play a round of office golf with the cheap putter and trap, buy the guy lunch and go home to chase the Mrs. at 5pm.

I haven't seen the Chief Pilot interview invite .
Dolphinflyer is offline  
Old 05-27-2015, 06:58 PM
  #6439  
Gets Weekends Off
 
cardiomd's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Seat: Vegan friendly faux leather
Posts: 971
Default

Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
I think we (aviation community) should cut the guy a break? Maybe he had some personal stresses at home with his marriage/kids? Maybe a stressful commute? Or maybe something as simple as he was stressed over an early show and hadn't had his morning coffee?

This First Officer, obviously, received a meeting with pilot management. Hopefully they were able to get him the help he needed for his personal stresses and realize too, people make mistakes.

I'll remember that Pherret & Carr have NEVER made a mistake. Check!

Elliot

Sorry about slicing your subclavian artery, and that massive hemorrhage. I had some personal stresses at home with my kids and a stressful commute, and I missed my coffee and the "Early Show" was not to my liking.

And YOU'VE made a mistake once in your life so you thus can't talk about my inadequate professionalism. Now let me go and chew out your wife for missing a dose of her medication.


Yeah, it doesn't work in my field either. I am always surprised when the peanut gallery comes to defend the low performance of others. Telling.
cardiomd is offline  
Old 05-27-2015, 07:11 PM
  #6440  
Gets Weekends Off
 
F15Cricket's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Right Seat 737, Front seat T-6
Posts: 501
Default

Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
I'll add you to the "thinking you're perfect" list! How ironic that a majority of the "tool material on the TOTD thread" comes from people pointing out other's mistakes? You must be Navy, amirite?
Isn't making fun of other people's mistakes the EXACT POINT OF THIS THREAD?

And I heard they were using that tape as a positive example on how to get your way with ATC at that certain unnamed air line ... Also heard they were going to modify their mottos to take advantage of this:
- Keep climbing ... and yelling at ATC
- The world's most trusted airline (to yell at ATC)
- We love to (yell at ATC) and it shows
- Airlines are the same--only our captains yell at ATC
- You'll love the way we yell at ATC .

.. Well, you get the idea.
F15Cricket is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Elvis90
Military
2
11-11-2010 09:25 AM
meloveboeing
Regional
5
10-02-2010 07:47 AM
kc135driver
United
119
08-24-2010 08:30 AM
exerauflyboy5
Flight Schools and Training
15
02-18-2009 08:29 PM
Busdriver
JetBlue
70
01-16-2006 10:32 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread