Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Hiring News (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/hiring-news/)
-   -   How long from the AirlineApp to Email? (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/hiring-news/127664-how-long-airlineapp-email.html)

RMO1973 02-25-2020 04:37 AM

How long from the AirlineApp to Email?
 
Looking at the time frame from submitting the app to an email for the next step: Major and Regional. Any recent information?

Excargodog 02-25-2020 07:24 AM


Originally Posted by RMO1973 (Post 2983500)
Looking at the time frame from submitting the app to an email for the next step: Major and Regional. Any recent information?

Entirely dependent on both your own qualifications and the hiring needs of whoever you applied to.

How could it be otherwise?

RMO1973 02-25-2020 12:59 PM


Originally Posted by Excargodog (Post 2983673)
Entirely dependent on both your own qualifications and the hiring needs of whoever you applied to.

How could it be otherwise?

Should have been clearer...
ie Delta: actively hiring, meet qualification minimums - have people received a response in a week, month... after hitting submit application.

Anyone with recent time frame info from hitting submit and what we’re your quals?

Thanks

dera 02-25-2020 02:47 PM

Meeting Deltas minimums and actually getting called are two very different things.

JTwift 02-26-2020 02:06 AM


Originally Posted by RMO1973 (Post 2983915)
Should have been clearer...
ie Delta: actively hiring, meet qualification minimums - have people received a response in a week, month... after hitting submit application.

Anyone with recent time frame info from hitting submit and what weíre your quals?

Thanks

you can expect an email sometime between two weeks and never.

seriously...thereís no true way to answer this question. So many variables.

pogorog52 12-11-2020 10:54 PM

Not app to email, but interview to job offer
 
First time caller, my question is about timelines with regards to new hires. I'm currently on active duty and have been doing some future planning with the family. My question is how far out will an airline offer a potential hire a job offer? (assuming minimum requirements met, interview and the application process was smooth).

For example, let's say I leave active duty in December, and am available to start January. How far back in the year would I know I have a job? I know it would be different for each airline.

Specifically, timelines for the following:

United
American
Delta
Southwest

Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

usmc-sgt 12-12-2020 01:43 AM

Are you hypothetically talking this winter? None of those airlines are likely to interview in 2021, possibly into 2022.

flyinthrew 12-12-2020 04:10 AM


Originally Posted by pogorog52 (Post 3169680)
First time caller, my question is about timelines with regards to new hires. I'm currently on active duty and have been doing some future planning with the family. My question is how far out will an airline offer a potential hire a job offer? (assuming minimum requirements met, interview and the application process was smooth).

For example, let's say I leave active duty in December, and am available to start January. How far back in the year would I know I have a job? I know it would be different for each airline.

Specifically, timelines for the following:

United
American
Delta
Southwest

Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

Construct your apps as early as possible. AirlineApps (United and Delta) takes a VERY long time. PilotCredentials (AA and SWA) a little less so. After you get those put together, have no less than three friends review each of them and then have them reviewed by Checked and Set. Then publish them. It doesnít matter if itís 8-12 months before your availability date. Publish them and update them every week or three. What you really want to know is when do you want friends to launch silver bullets.

Donít launch them until hiring starts again, and if hiring has started, no more than 6 months before your availability date.

Good luck. If you havenít noticed, the industry is in the ****ter. Those companies arenít hiring in 2021. Something might start to come alive in spring Ď22.

TransWorld 12-12-2020 06:56 PM

My prediction is hiring off the street, military and civilian will not begin in earnest until 2023 or maybe a year later. Then, the hiring curve will take off again.

So far, I am amazed how well the furloughing and Regionals closures have held up.

Wildflyin 05-06-2021 02:33 PM

Reviving the thread now that hiring started again. How long between "Publish" and getting a call say from United? Also, for those called, what times/credentials were you called with?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:53 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands