Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Hiring News Latest news and rumors
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2017, 07:16 AM   #15611
Banned
 
Joined APC: Nov 2016
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globemaster2827 View Post
The funny thing is that on this pattern alone (10 days). I've had to call the company 3 times on BLATANT contract violations AND get the Union involved once. There is clear systematic intimidation going on here. Period. My apps aren't out at Regionals because I'm almost a 747 Captain here, but even once I am a Captain I'll leave if offered.
That's telling if a 747 Captain would leave to take a job at a regional.
Aryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:55 AM   #15612
Galley BEE-yatch.
 
Davetastic's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHvac View Post
Honest questions to anybody interested in applying to or working for Atlas: The Company is suing the group you intend to join; do you think joining a group that will be dogged in the court system (lawsuit/arbitrations/whatever else), potentially for years, is a good career move even if you are coming from a worse place? Do you think pursuing to work for a Company that is willing to sue the source of 90+% of their revenue generation is a good idea? Really, Im curious how the outsiders view these recent events. One things for sure, it'll be one insane ride!

Good post......finally. It is thought out and not flooded with rhetoric. It is something that Atlas applicants should and must consider.
Davetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:56 AM   #15613
Galley BEE-yatch.
 
Davetastic's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan View Post
That's telling if a 747 Captain would leave to take a job at a regional.

HEY GLOBEMASTER.....do you have your apps out at the regionals??!!! You don't need to be offered to leave for a regional!! LOL. They are cold calling.

....Aryan...giving globe the benefit of the doubt, I think he meant he'd leave for UPS or FEDEX or a legacy.
Davetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:03 PM   #15614
Gets Weekends Off
 
DC8DRIVER's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 748 CA
Posts: 888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetastic View Post
So 8, after all of that, this is for you:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9d...ew?usp=sharing
blinding wit, David.

It's always smart to call your fellow pilots cry babies.
It might be a good idea to rethink those interpersonal skills prior to your upgrade


Readers of this thread are certainly smart enough to have gotten the big picture of the way things are here at Atlas. Dozens of long time posters revealing the harsh reality of our situation, and you, the lone voice, saying that things really aren't all that bad here at Atlas. Oh you you say that bad things have happened to you but you have posted a surprisingly large number of messages belittle others who point out contractual violations. And you say that you want a contract, but you clearly don't have the first idea about how to fight for one. And say that you're a union guy, but you clearly don't understand the big picture of what our methods and goals are (I hope that, one day, you'll see more clearly what our union is trying to accomplish). You say that it's an easy job: No different than any other major airline pilot's job, but the other readers of this thread understand the width and breadth of our operation and appreciate the vast scope of what Atlas pilots do. It is very different.

I think you have made your point and I think that it's clear that it is simply not what the rest of us believe.

Time to give it a rest.
DC8DRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:00 PM   #15615
Galley BEE-yatch.
 
Davetastic's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC8DRIVER View Post
blinding wit, David.

It's always smart to call your fellow pilots cry babies.
It might be a good idea to rethink those interpersonal skills prior to your upgrade


Readers of this thread are certainly smart enough to have gotten the big picture of the way things are here at Atlas. Dozens of long time posters revealing the harsh reality of our situation, and you, the lone voice, saying that things really aren't all that bad here at Atlas. Oh you you say that bad things have happened to you but you have posted a surprisingly large number of messages belittle others who point out contractual violations. And you say that you want a contract, but you clearly don't have the first idea about how to fight for one. And say that you're a union guy, but you clearly don't understand the big picture of what our methods and goals are (I hope that, one day, you'll see more clearly what our union is trying to accomplish). You say that it's an easy job: No different than any other major airline pilot's job, but the other readers of this thread understand the width and breadth of our operation and appreciate the vast scope of what Atlas pilots do. It is very different.

I think you have made your point and I think that it's clear that it is simply not what the rest of us believe.

Time to give it a rest.
So I am guessing you didn't like the meme?

Look 8, you are taking this WAY too personally. Like I have said before, and I will keep on saying it....if I think it is a gross exaggeration what people post, then I will say so. And I think you and others have needlessly exaggerated your position in an effort to garner support for our mutual cause on an anonymous web forum where the only people that are really listening are prospective candidates. You along with others can easily make your point by proposing open ended questions rather than resort to gross distortions to make your point. As you said, the readers of this thread are smart enough to have the big picture in mind and a grossly exaggerated and distorted picture will most likely be cast aside as an extremists rant rather than taken seriously.

Atlas does have issues and I have agreed with you and others about those issues all along but I don't agree that they are systemic or blatant. If you don't like the way I have categorized Atlas' issues that is fine but don't claim to think you know me or that I don't know the big picture or that I don't know how to fight for a contract. You don't know me or where I have come from or my trials and tribulations.

Furthermore, when you say, "....the rest of us...." are you saying that you speak for ALL Atlas pilots? Because, there are 1400+ pilots at Atlas that are probably going to have a different perspective of experiences than yours. Perhaps it's your interpersonal skills that need a dust off when you encounter that crew member that doesn't see eye to eye with your position hmmm?

friends? ....i'll buy the first few rounds.

P.S. this forum is just internet banter....let's leave it here. I hope you understand that I vote, don't VX, don't outbase and "all in" is the message that I send out on the line.....but if you whine, i'll call you out on it. LOL.
Davetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:49 PM   #15616
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 32
Default

I don't think they really are distortions, I am pretty much in agreement with 8 and anyone else who sees this situation for what it is. My apps are out, I hope Immall out soon, 6 years in 767 CA.
5Ypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:22 PM   #15617
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Ypilot View Post
I don't think they really are distortions, I am pretty much in agreement with 8 and anyone else who sees this situation for what it is. My apps are out, I hope Immall out soon, 6 years in 767 CA.
+1

I have personally seen questionable mx actions as pointed out by other maintainers. They were fixed when identified however, if we didn't see them.....then what?
AtlasPilot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:36 PM   #15618
Galley BEE-yatch.
 
Davetastic's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Ypilot View Post
I don't think they really are distortions, I am pretty much in agreement with 8 and anyone else who sees this situation for what it is. My apps are out, I hope Immall out soon, 6 years in 767 CA.
Good luck....really. I hope you get what you want.
Davetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:37 PM   #15619
Galley BEE-yatch.
 
Davetastic's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasPilot1 View Post
+1

I have personally seen questionable mx actions as pointed out by other maintainers. They were fixed when identified however, if we didn't see them.....then what?

are you an A&P?

If not then shut the hell up.

If you are then you have a duty to do something about it. otherwise, you are part of the problem...that is if you don't report it. If you do report it then Thank you and we are all safer.
Davetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:43 PM   #15620
Plotter Extraordinaire
 
Joined APC: Apr 2013
Position: 744 FO
Posts: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetastic View Post
are you an A&P?

If not then shut the hell up.

If you are then you have a duty to do something about it. otherwise, you are part of the problem.
Ignore this ^^^^^ fake pilot management shill. This poser is a typical Keyboard commando fanning the flames of discontent to divide us. They are Pretending to be one of us. If truly all in, this faker wouldn't be publicly attacking fellow pilots on the same seniority list.
rmr1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply

Tags
hey 744driver
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Atlas Air AAL763 Cargo 112 12-10-2016 04:13 PM
Mountain Air Cargo is hiring FOs for ATR ProceedOnCourse Hiring News 23 08-16-2009 06:40 PM
Pacific Wings charges its pilots for CASS cencal83406 Regional 17 02-03-2009 07:19 PM
Mountain Air Cargo Hiring astropilot92571 Hiring News 4 04-26-2005 08:58 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:38 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.3, Copyright ©2000-2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright 2000 - 2017 Internet Brands, Inc.