Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Hiring News Latest news and rumors
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2019, 11:05 PM   #17501  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2009
Posts: 480
Default

Proof that Atlas Air is the best airline flying opportunity out there. This part of the recruiting advertisement says it all:

"Please note that all candidates offered a position as a First Officer will be tested in accordance with 14 CFR Part 120.107(5) Sub Part E to determine the presence of the marijuana, cocaine, opiates (including codeine, heroin-6AM, morphine), opioids- hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone & oxymorphone, phencyclidine (PCP), and amphetamines/methamphetamines (including MDMA, MDA) or metabolites of these drugs."
JonnyKnoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:05 AM   #17502  
Gets Weekends Off
 
atpcliff's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Capt
Posts: 2,665
Default

On another thread, the poster stated that FedEx was cold calling candidates that failed their interview to come back and reinterview.
The Pilot Shortage is good news for Atlas pilots.
atpcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:30 PM   #17503  
Permanent Reserve
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyKnoxville View Post
Proof that Atlas Air is the best airline flying opportunity out there. This part of the recruiting advertisement says it all:

"Please note that all candidates offered a position as a First Officer will be tested in accordance with 14 CFR Part 120.107(5) Sub Part E to determine the presence of the marijuana, cocaine, opiates (including codeine, heroin-6AM, morphine), opioids- hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone & oxymorphone, phencyclidine (PCP), and amphetamines/methamphetamines (including MDMA, MDA) or metabolites of these drugs."
All part 121 airlines are required to administer the DOT pre-employment drug screen. Not sure why you think this reflects negatively on Atlas. I agree it is a crappy company but this is irrelevant.
navigatro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:22 PM   #17504  
Gets Weekends Off
 
DC8DRIVER's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 747
Posts: 1,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyKnoxville View Post
Proof that Atlas Air is the best airline flying opportunity out there. This part of the recruiting advertisement says it all:

"Please note that all candidates offered a position as a First Officer will be tested in accordance with 14 CFR Part 120.107(5) Sub Part E to determine the presence of the marijuana, cocaine, opiates (including codeine, heroin-6AM, morphine), opioids- hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone & oxymorphone, phencyclidine (PCP), and amphetamines/methamphetamines (including MDMA, MDA) or metabolites of these drugs."
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigatro View Post
All part 121 airlines are required to administer the DOT pre-employment drug screen. Not sure why you think this reflects negatively on Atlas. I agree it is a crappy company but this is irrelevant.
Perhaps the inference is that anyone who applies to work at Atlas MUST be using drugs!
DC8DRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:16 PM   #17505  
On Reserve
 
C17B74's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX
Posts: 17
Default

Dang it DC8DRIVER, you made me read/dissect the entire listing for acetaminophen, caffeine, Diet Mt Dew or tabacco products...
C17B74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 09:01 AM   #17506  
Gets Weekends Off
 
DC8DRIVER's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 747
Posts: 1,173
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by C17B74 View Post
Dang it DC8DRIVER, you made me read/dissect the entire listing for acetaminophen, caffeine, Diet Mt Dew or tabacco products...
Not to worry: acetaminophen, caffeine, Diet Mt Dew are the primary components in our blood!
DC8DRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 11:28 AM   #17507  
New Hire
 
tohellandback's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2019
Posts: 8
Default Atlas Air receiving three 747-400's

The NCA 747's going to Atlas were supposed to go to Kalitta. How many pilots does Atlas hire for each 747 in the fleet?

https://www.ti-insight.com/nippon-ca...-to-atlas-air/
tohellandback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:07 AM   #17508  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2011
Position: A320 nearest the gear handle
Posts: 276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohellandback View Post
The NCA 747's going to Atlas were supposed to go to Kalitta. How many pilots does Atlas hire for each 747 in the fleet?
A lot more than they keep.
hvydvr is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply

Tags
hey 744driver
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Atlas Air AAL763 Cargo 112 12-10-2016 04:13 PM
Mountain Air Cargo is hiring FOs for ATR ProceedOnCourse Hiring News 23 08-16-2009 06:40 PM
Pacific Wings charges its pilots for CASS cencal83406 Regional 17 02-03-2009 07:19 PM
Mountain Air Cargo Hiring astropilot92571 Hiring News 4 04-26-2005 08:58 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:15 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1