Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2020, 12:01 PM   #11  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Bluedriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: EMB190 FO
Posts: 4,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clos77 View Post
This ďVolunteerĒ round is step one, for those of us that have been thru a downturn before with furloughs, downgrades; I doubt they will get as many as they are requiring which is a sh!t ton. I can only speak for the rebel base but I highly doubt they will get enough; Next round will be ďNon VolunteerĒ reduced lines or we furlough...all part of the process...
1. Is there such thing as non-volunteer reduced lines?

B. There's a guy really worried about the economy and trying to get reelected, I expect a lot of pressure from the government not to lay off employees. Hopefully that will be enough.
Bluedriver is offline  
Old 03-15-2020, 12:40 PM   #12  
Layover Master
 
PotatoChip's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,530
Default

Itís as if some people donít realize that some of us are still on first year pay, and came from low paying regional jobs.
Not all of us have been making $100k+ the last five years.
When I hit second year pay, 4/1, it will literally be the most Iíve ever made in my life.
As much as I can plan for a rainy day, getting through first year was already part of that, so any attitude of ďif you canít be ready financially youíre wrong, blah blahĒ can go pound sand.
And Iíve been downgraded and through two furloughs before. Some of you just donít get we havenít all had these magical careers.
PotatoChip is offline  
Old 03-15-2020, 01:06 PM   #13  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N311JB View Post
I guess I was trying to have people become aware that it will become an issue and I want to do whatever I can to keep people from getting furloughed. But BlueDude gimmie your employee number so I can avoid bidding with a fine individual as yourself
when it comes to stuff like money, Blue dude knows. I would take his advice and not be so catty
aldonite7667 is offline  
Old 03-15-2020, 02:22 PM   #14  
Gets Weekends Off
 
SaintNick's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2019
Posts: 414
Default

I was asking someone else, they werenít sure. Is the 50 hour line a no flying at all line? Or only fly 50 hours. And is it one month at a time?
SaintNick is offline  
Old 03-15-2020, 02:28 PM   #15  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Oct 2017
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintNick View Post
I was asking someone else, they werenít sure. Is the 50 hour line a no flying at all line? Or only fly 50 hours. And is it one month at a time?
NO FLY...you get 50 to stay home...
Clos77 is offline  
Old 03-15-2020, 02:50 PM   #16  
Gets Weekends Off
 
blueballs's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Ca big swingin D
Posts: 208
Default

The union wonít tell you not to pick anything up, they are too busy picking everything up to take the time to send comms out
blueballs is offline  
Old 03-15-2020, 04:03 PM   #17  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Blue Dude's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2005
Posts: 221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N311JB View Post
I pity your attitude. I actually have no debt. No car payment. No house payments. I was amazingly enough thinking of the people with families that need to fly to lines. I can live on 40hrs. Iíve been furloughed. Been through a bankruptcy. But thank you for assuming my pitiful situation for try to think of my peers. I love this site
I am delighted to hear it. We have far too many pilots who *need* 100+ hrs of credit every month and I ass-umed you were one of them. My apologies.
Blue Dude is offline  
Old 03-15-2020, 05:47 PM   #18  
Gets Weekends Off
 
hyperboy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: B6
Posts: 982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueballs View Post
The union wonít tell you not to pick anything up, they are too busy picking everything up to take the time to send comms out
Thats funny they were in LSC all last week. Oh entertainment value not facts forgot this is APC.
hyperboy is offline  
Old 03-15-2020, 05:57 PM   #19  
Gets Weekends Off
 
HighFlight's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoChip View Post
Itís as if some people donít realize that some of us are still on first year pay, and came from low paying regional jobs.
Not all of us have been making $100k+ the last five years.
When I hit second year pay, 4/1, it will literally be the most Iíve ever made in my life.
As much as I can plan for a rainy day, getting through first year was already part of that, so any attitude of ďif you canít be ready financially youíre wrong, blah blahĒ can go pound sand.
And Iíve been downgraded and through two furloughs before. Some of you just donít get we havenít all had these magical careers.
Say what? What did you do with all that money you made flying 747s for a few years?
HighFlight is offline  
Old 03-15-2020, 07:17 PM   #20  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Feb 2020
Posts: 3
Default

They may have been in LSC last week, however some were doing VDAís and RSAís during negotiations. Get yours while you can, especially in BOS!
11Alpha is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta? Guard Dude Delta 199133 Today 03:10 PM
Open time disappearing Jiggawatt Delta 17 07-30-2019 09:58 AM
Crew Companion Questions UAL T38 Phlyer United 8 01-25-2016 09:42 AM
FDX Charters Ayfkm Cargo 517 07-19-2014 03:37 AM
Airnet! Longbow64 Part 135 117 07-23-2009 08:46 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:19 PM.