Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2005, 05:45 PM   #1  
AA777-ER
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up 12 Year SWA Capt MIN Pay/Month $14,820......

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/c.../view/149/103/
 
Old 11-11-2005, 11:32 AM   #2  
On Reserve
 
jetblue320's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2005
Position: A320 Capt
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA777-ER
And your point is???
jetblue320 is offline  
Old 11-11-2005, 02:09 PM   #3  
Line Holder
 
1900Driver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2005
Posts: 39
Default

I think He's wondering why a 737 Capt makes if not more than he does or about the same just flying about 200 seats less.
1900Driver is offline  
Old 11-11-2005, 04:27 PM   #4  
On Reserve
 
jetblue320's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2005
Position: A320 Capt
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1900Driver
I think He's wondering why a 737 Capt makes if not more than he does or about the same just flying about 200 seats less.
I see (well, not really). I guess I was just puzzled why he posted it on a Jetblue specific forum, and especially since he is probably a AA 777 pilot?

jetblue320 is offline  
Old 11-13-2005, 08:36 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
KiloAlpha's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: AA A320
Posts: 1,590
Default

$14,820 + profit sharing

PS: in case you didn't notice AA is going down the proverbial crapper, while SWA is flourishing. That is quite possibly why SWA can pay their employees quite handsomely.
KiloAlpha is offline  
Old 11-14-2005, 11:41 AM   #6  
Line Holder
 
Fly4Beer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: A320/FO
Posts: 65
Default

Actually, if he hasn't been furloughed he is probably a S80 left seater at best, blames the fact that he can't pay both of his alimony payments anymore because his airline's execs can't figure out a way to cut costs except to cut pay, but yet he still has hopes that changing the age 60 rule will get him back into the right seat of the 777. Just a sixth sense.
Fly4Beer is offline  
Old 11-14-2005, 11:43 AM   #7  
Line Holder
 
Fly4Beer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: A320/FO
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
I see (well, not really). I guess I was just puzzled why he posted it on a Jetblue specific forum, and especially since he is probably a AA 777 pilot?

Actually, if he hasn't been furloughed he is probably a S80 left seater at best, blames the fact that he can't pay both of his alimony payments anymore because his airline's execs can't figure out a way to cut costs except to cut pay, but yet he still has hopes that changing the age 60 rule will get him back into the right seat of the 777. Just a sixth sense.
Fly4Beer is offline  
Old 11-18-2005, 01:05 PM   #8  
Double Digit
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Is that all? I made more than that in my fourth year at jetBlue.
187K


Quote:
Originally Posted by AA777-ER
 
Old 11-18-2005, 04:03 PM   #9  
Line Holder
 
bluechunks's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: right here
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Digit
Is that all? I made more than that in my fourth year at jetBlue.
187K
Very impressive! That equates to ~110 credit hours/mo. for 12 months doesn't it??? (Or perhaps a little less if you are a check airman.) You worked your a** off, so don't let anybody tell you about underworked airline pilots.

Of course, a 4th year SWA Captain working 110 credit hours each month for the year would have earned $230k, or about $3.5k more per month.

Apples-to-apples...

Last edited by bluechunks; 11-18-2005 at 10:58 PM.
bluechunks is offline  
Old 11-18-2005, 10:12 PM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
corl737's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: sitting at computer keyboard
Posts: 135
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Digit
Is that all? I made more than that in my fourth year at jetBlue.
187K
Care to say what units you're using?

187K yen?
corl737 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cathay Pacific SO cloudkicker1981 Hiring News 27 10-22-2006 01:35 PM
Gemini Air Cargo stickwiggler Cargo 11 07-06-2006 12:21 AM
what goes senior at Fedex? CRJammin Cargo 4 09-16-2005 07:18 PM
banner year for Air Cargo Freighter Captain Cargo 0 07-09-2005 10:27 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:46 PM.