Notices

jetBlue Hiring

Old 07-31-2014, 12:27 PM
  #2221  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Cuninonis66's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2010
Position: CFI, CFII, MEI, ATP
Posts: 120
Default

It's now open. Good luck.
Cuninonis66 is offline  
Old 07-31-2014, 12:30 PM
  #2222  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ysslah's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: 88 Gunner
Posts: 516
Default

Seems like JetBlue is concerned with hiring people who may jump ship to legacy in the near future. I have no particular quality to be considered a flight risk (no TPIC and relatively low total time), other than an internship with one of the legacies. Would that hinder my odds of getting an interview with JetBlue? Is the wording on the application in such way that I can may be leave that out?
ysslah is offline  
Old 07-31-2014, 12:31 PM
  #2223  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Cuninonis66's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2010
Position: CFI, CFII, MEI, ATP
Posts: 120
Default

Originally Posted by ysslah View Post
Seems like JetBlue is concerned with hiring people who may jump ship to legacy in the near future. I have no particular quality to be considered a flight risk (no TPIC and relatively low total time), other than an internship with one of the legacies. Would that hinder my odds of getting an interview with JetBlue? Is the wording on the application in such way that I can may be leave that out?

Just apply, it won't hurt you.
Cuninonis66 is offline  
Old 07-31-2014, 12:45 PM
  #2224  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2012
Posts: 289
Default

I'm going to give this a **** again myself anyways...

But do the people in the know think I should omit that I have 1000 tpic on my résumé? Either way I listed my types and I'm sure they can put 2&2 together...

Advice?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eman is offline  
Old 07-31-2014, 12:55 PM
  #2225  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Cuninonis66's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2010
Position: CFI, CFII, MEI, ATP
Posts: 120
Default

Originally Posted by eman View Post
I'm going to give this a **** again myself anyways...

But do the people in the know think I should omit that I have 1000 tpic on my résumé? Either way I listed my types and I'm sure they can put 2&2 together...

Advice?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Preferred Experience and Qualifications

- Greater than 1,000 hours turbine PIC
- Greater than 1,000 hours in more sophisticated aircraft utilizing
- Electronic Flight Instrument Systems (EFIS), Flight Management Systems (FMS)
- Recency of experience (Greater than 200 hours within the last 12 months)
- Bachelor’s Degree


Therefore, I wouldn't "omit" it.
Cuninonis66 is offline  
Old 07-31-2014, 02:05 PM
  #2226  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Posts: 322
Default

I have had trouble reducing the file size of documents down to 150kb.

I tried compressing them but they are still too big!

Right now my application is complete without any supporting documents but I assume I can come back and add them later?

Regards
oicur12 is offline  
Old 07-31-2014, 02:32 PM
  #2227  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 4
Default

Same here - it wouldn't let me load PDF or Jpeg due to size but it took it as a word doc.
taylorc is offline  
Old 07-31-2014, 02:35 PM
  #2228  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Apr 2013
Position: A-320 FO
Posts: 90
Default

Would they like to see certificates uploaded, or do the resume/cover letter suffice?

Also, how commutable are JFK and BOS lines?
Heisenberg is offline  
Old 07-31-2014, 02:39 PM
  #2229  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,914
Default

Originally Posted by oicur12 View Post
I have had trouble reducing the file size of documents down to 150kb.

I tried compressing them but they are still too big!

Right now my application is complete without any supporting documents but I assume I can come back and add them later?

Regards
I believe so. The way it was last time was that after the window closed, you could add "additional documents" at your leisure. For instance, someone writing you a letter of recommendation might take a couple weeks to finish it.
nuball5 is offline  
Old 07-31-2014, 04:01 PM
  #2230  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Posts: 322
Default

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I was trying to upload passport and ATP scans but I guess these will never be under 150?
oicur12 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Freight Dog
Hiring News
26
08-01-2016 02:48 PM
RiddleEagle18
Major
1
04-21-2011 08:13 AM
tone
Hiring News
139
05-16-2010 10:34 PM
tone
Hiring News
22
04-28-2010 06:20 AM
ryane946
Major
6
02-21-2007 05:17 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread