Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2017, 07:47 AM   #4131  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Apr 2013
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn View Post
Where are you coming from? Regional? Then absolutely yes, take the classdate here.
Yea a regional Captain. I still plan on keeping my apps current for UAL and DAL. In fact I got a ticket to DAL open house next month that I will be attending. But all the doom and gloom here makes me wonder if starting as a JB fo is even better than a regional CA living in base.
zulu99 is offline  
Old 09-20-2017, 08:01 AM   #4132  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2011
Posts: 974
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu99 View Post
Yea a regional Captain. I still plan on keeping my apps current for UAL and DAL. In fact I got a ticket to DAL open house next month that I will be attending. But all the doom and gloom here makes me wonder if starting as a JB fo is even better than a regional CA living in base.
It's not really a gamble. While UAL and DAL are already good jobs, JB will be. If you come here with the idea that you don't want to take sides or you don't want to get involved with making this a good job you should stay at your regional.
aldonite7667 is offline  
Old 09-20-2017, 08:29 AM   #4133  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: EMB190 FO
Posts: 3,642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldonite7667 View Post
It's not really a gamble. While UAL and DAL are already good jobs, JB will be. If you come here with the idea that you don't want to take sides or you don't want to get involved with making this a good job you should stay at your regional.
I don't believe you can say definitively that this "will be" a good job. It COULD be. It SHOULD be. We do not know for sure yet that it WILL be. So far I am seeing absolutely NO strategy by management recently to give me any confidence what so ever.

I'm not even trying to be a d++c. I am quite literally no longer seeing any corporate vision or plan for our future.
Bluedriver is offline  
Old 09-20-2017, 08:36 AM   #4134  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: 190 captain and “Pro-pilot”
Posts: 2,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu99 View Post
Yea a regional Captain. I still plan on keeping my apps current for UAL and DAL. In fact I got a ticket to DAL open house next month that I will be attending. But all the doom and gloom here makes me wonder if starting as a JB fo is even better than a regional CA living in base.
Do you know for a fact that you will be hired at DAL or UAL?

Life must have been bad enough to fill out an app interview and accept the class date. (I don't mean that in a rude way)

We are great at doom and gloom on the internet but I wouldn't make all of your decisions based on what you read here.

I'm just saying you have a job at JetBlue do you want to throw away a sure thing based on an Internet forum?

Aviation changes rapidly.

But if you don't want the job be an aviation professional and help out the guys that do want to be here and let JetBlue know sooner vs later.

It's truly an amazing hiring environment good luck with your decision.
pilotpayne is offline  
Old 09-20-2017, 08:44 AM   #4135  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,203
Default JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Good luck with your decision.

Last edited by Southerner; 09-20-2017 at 09:04 AM.
Southerner is offline  
Old 09-20-2017, 09:00 AM   #4136  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Apr 2013
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpayne View Post
Do you know for a fact that you will be hired at DAL or UAL?

Life must have been bad enough to fill out an app interview and accept the class date. (I don't mean that in a rude way)

We are great at doom and gloom on the internet but I wouldn't make all of your decisions based on what you read here.

I'm just saying you have a job at JetBlue do you want to throw away a sure thing based on an Internet forum?

Aviation changes rapidly.

But if you don't want the job be an aviation professional and help out the guys that do want to be here and let JetBlue know sooner vs later.

It's truly an amazing hiring environment good luck with your decision.
I filled out an app to jb when I started at my regional and finally just now got on. My concerns are the lack of corporate direction and the operational whoas I have been hearing about and seeing first hand lately. What is the management doing at JB? The strategy/goals are blurry at best.

I have no doubt the pilot group will achieve a decent contract sooner than later. That's not really my apprehension.
zulu99 is offline  
Old 09-20-2017, 09:30 AM   #4137  
Covfefe
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu99 View Post
I filled out an app to jb when I started at my regional and finally just now got on. My concerns are the lack of corporate direction and the operational whoas I have been hearing about and seeing first hand lately. What is the management doing at JB? The strategy/goals are blurry at best.

I have no doubt the pilot group will achieve a decent contract sooner than later. That's not really my apprehension.
If you have enough TPIC, a new type will help, but that opportunity cost is big with the pay cut you'll have on first year JB pay. That said, a career at JetBlue is better than a career at your regional. I came here with no 121 captain time hoping I'd stay here, but I wish I'd stayed and got 121 captain time so I'd have more options. I have enough time left that I'd be better off at a legacy in the long term if jetblue stays on its current trajectory of slowing growth and operationally questionable decisions. Hopefully things change for the better over the next 30 years. I like this place and want it to be good. Ymmv.
BeatNavy is offline  
Old 09-20-2017, 10:18 AM   #4138  
Gets Weekends Off
 
CaptCoolHand's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Left,Right, Left, Right,Right,Left, Right, Left
Posts: 2,879
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu99 View Post
I filled out an app to jb when I started at my regional and finally just now got on. My concerns are the lack of corporate direction and the operational whoas I have been hearing about and seeing first hand lately. What is the management doing at JB? The strategy/goals are blurry at best.

I have no doubt the pilot group will achieve a decent contract sooner than later. That's not really my apprehension.
That is the million dollar question.

I sit and listen. read the coms... I feel like Im in a 3am infomercial.
CaptCoolHand is offline  
Old 09-20-2017, 10:28 AM   #4139  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: 190 captain and “Pro-pilot”
Posts: 2,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu99 View Post
I filled out an app to jb when I started at my regional and finally just now got on. My concerns are the lack of corporate direction and the operational whoas I have been hearing about and seeing first hand lately. What is the management doing at JB? The strategy/goals are blurry at best.

I have no doubt the pilot group will achieve a decent contract sooner than later. That's not really my apprehension.
Again I am not trying to be rude or stick up for JetBlue here. I am just being realistic. Look I am the first one to say I have no clue what the ELT is doing sometimes but what pilot group does? I guess Delta but this is a standard pilot issue and I have a feeling it always is and has been. As someone posted on bluepilots, finish growing Boston and FLL. Build a new terminal in JFK one day it might not be slot controlled. MCO still has room to grow and we still have 120 airplanes coming. I suspect they will keep growing mint and if that 321lr works I wouldn't be shocked to see flights across the pond. I honestly think it's the style of our current CEO vs our old one. Barger was way way better at PR and talking but that is what it was talk. RH seems to be much more quiet. I completely agree we have had operational issues that need to be fixed. The ELT is focused right now on Wall St and that is a change I would say not for the better.

You most certainly can stick it out at your regional but there is simply no guarantee that you will get hired at the big 3. It's like having a so so girlfriend at least at the end of the day you know your going to get some or you can wait for the hot girl and you might get shot down.

I came from AWAC and when I left that company was pretty much finished. Than they signed a new contract that has some kind of hiring deal with UAL and many guys got to go back to ORD my point is things change fast.

We will get that contract and that alone should drive a good chunk of hiring. JetBlue is what it is a smaller east coast focused airline, and really you can only plan on that.

I just know that I would still take the job here vs sitting at my regional. Like you said keep your apps updated and if you don't like it you bail. But that is me.
pilotpayne is offline  
Old 09-20-2017, 10:30 AM   #4140  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2008
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu99 View Post
What is the management doing at JB? The strategy/goals are blurry at best.
Don't forget tone deaf too; Mister Softee at JFK.

Yes, let's celebrate the end of summer. Your employees are working just as hard in September as they did in July, with no relief in sight.

Several of your domiciles continue to clean up and are currently going through a hurricane.

Enjoy your soft serve ice cream , but please don't spill it on your IROP pants. I don't want to wait until 1700 to get my DRO because you had to go home and change your wardrobe.

Rabid Seagull is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Latest and greatest threads - ****? Zoomie Major 36 01-28-2015 12:44 PM
Can we close "Any Latest & Greatest at Delta" iahflyr Major 27 09-30-2014 10:04 AM
Eagle - Latest and Greatest News Mason32 Regional 270 07-27-2010 07:01 PM
Eagle: Latest and not so Greatest Scott34567 Regional 39 05-29-2008 08:08 PM
new jetBlue terminal at JFK Sir James Major 0 07-29-2005 08:02 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:59 AM.