Notices
Leaving the Career Alternative careers for pilots

FAA inspector thread

Old 08-16-2021, 03:29 PM
  #1231  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: Cubicle dweller
Posts: 106
Default

Originally Posted by CaptYoda View Post
Is the OTS hiring still in play or is everything through USAjobs? If OTS is in play what is the expected timeline to get hired?

I think OTS is still going. Seems to take a couple months including the checkride.
MidwestXLguy is offline  
Old 08-17-2021, 03:34 AM
  #1232  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2013
Posts: 758
Default

Originally Posted by MidwestXLguy View Post
I think OTS is still going. Seems to take a couple months including the checkride.
I thought that for OTS there was no checkride if you were current 121/135.
CaptYoda is offline  
Old 08-17-2021, 03:55 PM
  #1233  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 47
Default

Originally Posted by CaptYoda View Post
I thought that for OTS there was no checkride if you were current 121/135.
I read on these forums that this expired, Clicky

(I don't have first hand knowledge and don't work for the FAA)
theonlyski is offline  
Old 08-18-2021, 08:11 AM
  #1234  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Posts: 52
Default

Pre-employment flight or sim (for Air Carrier OPS) checks are currently required. They are working a permanent policy change to allow certain military or industry checks in lieu of a pre-employment check but that hasn't happened yet.
widespreadflyer is offline  
Old 08-20-2021, 09:14 AM
  #1235  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Posts: 52
Default

The Alternative Means is approved. Certain industry/military flight checks are now accepted instead of the FAA flight or Sim check. These are usually 121/135 checks or some Part 61 certification rides.
widespreadflyer is offline  
Old 08-20-2021, 11:34 AM
  #1236  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 47
Default

Originally Posted by widespreadflyer View Post
The Alternative Means is approved. Certain industry/military flight checks are now accepted instead of the FAA flight or Sim check. These are usually 121/135 checks or some Part 61 certification rides.
Just curious, do you know what kind of part 61 rides would count?
theonlyski is offline  
Old 08-22-2021, 07:37 AM
  #1237  
Gets Weekends Off
 
DARR31's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: 1 step fwd 2 steps back
Posts: 207
Default

Just curious, but how long after an interview is it usually when they either tell you the next step or give you the rejection letter?
DARR31 is offline  
Old 08-22-2021, 10:59 AM
  #1238  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2013
Posts: 758
Default

Originally Posted by theonlyski View Post
Just curious, do you know what kind of part 61 rides would count?
My guess would be a 61.58
CaptYoda is offline  
Old 08-23-2021, 07:30 AM
  #1239  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Posts: 52
Default

Correct. 61.58 to include instrument proficiency. Also a full ATP check ride.
How long it takes depends on many factors. If you applied to the vacancy announcement on USA Jobs it depends on where you are available to work. For offices who have vacancies it might not take long. The agency tries to hold to the 80 day hiring model, from vacancy to entry on duty. But sometimes security, drug test, etc... take longer.
You won't get a letter saying you weren't hired.
widespreadflyer is offline  
Old 08-23-2021, 06:11 PM
  #1240  
Gets Weekends Off
 
USMCFLYR's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'
Posts: 11,925
Default

Originally Posted by widespreadflyer View Post
Correct. 61.58 to include instrument proficiency. Also a full ATP check ride.
How long it takes depends on many factors. If you applied to the vacancy announcement on USA Jobs it depends on where you are available to work. For offices who have vacancies it might not take long. The agency tries to hold to the 80 day hiring model, from vacancy to entry on duty. But sometimes security, drug test, etc... take longer.
You won't get a letter saying you weren't hired.
ATP type checkride or to ATP standards?
USMCFLYR is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
vagabond
Major
53
03-19-2019 07:17 PM
FEtrip7
Cargo
38
02-16-2012 02:25 PM
USMC3197
Regional
66
11-12-2009 06:54 PM
Freightbird
Cargo
9
04-26-2007 04:31 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread