Notices
Major Legacy, National, and LCC

[Breeze] Airways

Old 06-17-2022, 06:47 PM
  #2981  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2022
Posts: 156
Default

Originally Posted by SJS Maverick View Post
those WO regionals will automatically move you to the top of the pay scale at year 5 if you havenít slowed to American. Itís also confirmed that PSA is also getting the pay bump. They also have over $180k in bonuses.
Well if they are still there 5 years later they definitely earned it!
shortspatula is offline  
Old 06-17-2022, 06:54 PM
  #2982  
In a land of unicorns
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO
Posts: 6,270
Default

Originally Posted by SJS Maverick View Post
those WO regionals will automatically move you to the top of the pay scale at year 5 if you havenít slowed to American. Itís also confirmed that PSA is also getting the pay bump. They also have over $180k in bonuses.
Clarification, they move up after year 5, so year 6 onwards.
dera is offline  
Old 06-18-2022, 06:35 AM
  #2983  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Posts: 79
Default

Originally Posted by dera View Post
Clarification, they move up after year 5, so year 6 onwards.
That is correct, thanks for correcting me. Also, I think theyíll still be around in 5 years if they continue that kind of pay. The other regionals might not be though.
they also give you credit for pervious 121 time. So if you worked for a regional for a year your first year pay would be $150hr assuming you have 750hrs 121. Itís going to be hard for Breeze to recruit when a regional is offering higher pay.
SJS Maverick is offline  
Old 06-18-2022, 08:56 AM
  #2984  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 18,689
Default

Originally Posted by SJS Maverick View Post
That is correct, thanks for correcting me. Also, I think theyíll still be around in 5 years if they continue that kind of pay. The other regionals might not be though.
they also give you credit for pervious 121 time. So if you worked for a regional for a year your first year pay would be $150hr assuming you have 750hrs 121. Itís going to be hard for Breeze to recruit when a regional is offering higher pay.
Recruiting depends on how low Breeze is willing to go. There are always pilots unable to get jobs for a variety of reasons they can reach out to hire.
sailingfun is offline  
Old 06-18-2022, 09:40 AM
  #2985  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2022
Posts: 156
Default

Originally Posted by bonvoyage View Post
the training back log is on the Airbus due to Airbus in Montreal not having sim availability. There is no delay on the E190. ALPA vote June 23-August 11th. We believe Breeze is planning on all charter for the E190 starting in September, E195s will do line flying but they are cutting the aircraft allocation down in the bases going into the fall. There’s little to no information on how this works. Luckily it appears that a lot of west coast commuters may want to do charter.
The charter thing it seems like they just sprung on everyone, and it looks like it is happening. They need to be careful in how they sort out the details for charter flying otherwise they might lose pilots. Many would like to be home every night or at least not be on the road for more than 4 or 5 days and that’s one of the reasons you take the job at breeze. The 7 on 7 off or 14 on 14 off they’re thinking about is a drastically different quality of life. 7 on is probably the max airline folks would be willing to do, otherwise they would have already gone to other operators that have you on the road for 8 to 14 days.
shortspatula is offline  
Old 06-18-2022, 12:22 PM
  #2986  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2014
Posts: 846
Default

Originally Posted by bonvoyage View Post
the training back log is on the Airbus due to Airbus in Montreal not having sim availability. There is no delay on the E190. ALPA vote June 23-August 11th. We believe Breeze is planning on all charter for the E190 starting in September, E195s will do line flying but they are cutting the aircraft allocation down in the bases going into the fall. Thereís little to no information on how this works. Luckily it appears that a lot of west coast commuters may want to do charter.
that is not entirely true. There is a backlog on the Ejet with Captains due to having not been able to do fed Rides. Those should be clearing up very shortly now that we have finally received our own authorization.
Tpinks is offline  
Old 06-18-2022, 05:31 PM
  #2987  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Posts: 18
Default

Originally Posted by shortspatula View Post
The charter thing it seems like they just sprung on everyone, and it looks like it is happening. They need to be careful in how they sort out the details for charter flying otherwise they might lose pilots. Many would like to be home every night or at least not be on the road for more than 4 or 5 days and thatís one of the reasons you take the job at breeze. The 7 on 7 off or 14 on 14 off theyíre thinking about is a drastically different quality of life. 7 on is probably the max airline folks would be willing to do, otherwise they would have already gone to other operators that have you on the road for 8 to 14 days.
Where are you hearing about that schedule? That seems like an extreme departure from the advertised schedule they have been telling everyone. When is that decision being handed down?
adanthony13 is offline  
Old 06-18-2022, 05:47 PM
  #2988  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jul 2021
Posts: 15
Default

Originally Posted by adanthony13 View Post
Where are you hearing about that schedule? That seems like an extreme departure from the advertised schedule they have been telling everyone. When is that decision being handed down?
Did you not attend the last meeting?
Sausage is offline  
Old 06-18-2022, 06:31 PM
  #2989  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 18,689
Default

Originally Posted by shortspatula View Post
The charter thing it seems like they just sprung on everyone, and it looks like it is happening. They need to be careful in how they sort out the details for charter flying otherwise they might lose pilots. Many would like to be home every night or at least not be on the road for more than 4 or 5 days and thatís one of the reasons you take the job at breeze. The 7 on 7 off or 14 on 14 off theyíre thinking about is a drastically different quality of life. 7 on is probably the max airline folks would be willing to do, otherwise they would have already gone to other operators that have you on the road for 8 to 14 days.
Why would they be spinning up a charter operation when they are way behind on their route plan and just announced canceling existing routes. Does not make sense at all unless the scheduled routes are burning cash.
sailingfun is offline  
Old 06-18-2022, 06:53 PM
  #2990  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2022
Posts: 156
Default

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
Why would they be spinning up a charter operation when they are way behind on their route plan and just announced canceling existing routes. Does not make sense at all unless the scheduled routes are burning cash.
Some of the current markets are seasonal. In the fall they’re going to dedicate just the E190s on charters because they’ve been making a lot of money on them. Eventually it’s going to be all A220s for airline flying and the E190/195 will be all charter.
shortspatula is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Frisky Pilot
Regional
20
01-01-2022 06:02 PM
Drums4life
Regional
107
08-17-2011 12:21 AM
ryane946
Major
25
03-06-2007 09:53 PM
RedBaron007
Major
3
01-31-2007 10:05 PM
RockBottom
Major
0
03-07-2005 12:04 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread