Notices
Major Legacy, National, and LCC

[Breeze] Airways

Old 05-18-2023, 05:08 AM
  #4151  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2018
Posts: 694
Default

Originally Posted by md11pilot11 View Post
thank you so much for all this. I am genuinely asking for someone who asked me and I didnít have all the answers so I thought I could get some better info for them from here! I really appreciate you taking the time to go through all this.
Have a buddy who just took a DEC 220 position, hoping for TPA base. Ill pass along any info I get from him.
Crockrocket95 is offline  
Old 05-27-2023, 05:38 PM
  #4152  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2013
Posts: 410
Default

Does anyone know if Breeze still or has had ever offered a home basing option for A220 captains? I'm thinking of going this route.

I'd appreciate any info on the direct entry A220 program as well. I'm a current 175 CA for a regional. Thanks.
rswitz is offline  
Old 05-27-2023, 07:14 PM
  #4153  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Mar 2023
Position: E190/195
Posts: 95
Default

Originally Posted by rswitz View Post
Does anyone know if Breeze still or has had ever offered a home basing option for A220 captains? I'm thinking of going this route.

I'd appreciate any info on the direct entry A220 program as well. I'm a current 175 CA for a regional. Thanks.
There is no true home basing option like there is on the Ejet. Thereís a virtual type basing on the A220 where trips start out of certain cities. The theory is that itís better than commuting to our current A220 bases but youíre still expected to commute in. Those are still going senior for now.
bluespoon is offline  
Old 05-30-2023, 02:43 PM
  #4154  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Mar 2022
Posts: 6
Default

Originally Posted by bluespoon View Post
There is no true home basing option like there is on the Ejet. There’s a virtual type basing on the A220 where trips start out of certain cities. The theory is that it’s better than commuting to our current A220 bases but you’re still expected to commute in. Those are still going senior for now.
It goes pretty senior as well. Most of the guys on that list are Check Airmen, and they work pretty hard.
220buttonpusher is offline  
Old 06-08-2023, 05:28 AM
  #4155  
Line Holder
 
Dash 8 Q400's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2022
Position: Left and Right
Posts: 32
Angry The Meltdown

Things are getting rather, letís say ďTestyĒ and the culture that was suppose to be growing and getting better, is shrinking and getting worse. Yes, even the great DN is getting rather obtuse with the staff. The airline has poor leadership. Most came from Allegiant where the culture has always been rather toxic and is becoming that way at this airline. A lot of promises were, and continue, to be made which are turning out not to be true. It has become a culture of deceipt and deception and while a lot are hangining on for dear life, more and more are realizing itís a bad organization. I wanted to be positive and hope for the future but I no longer have those feelings. I am burned out on the constant lies our management tells us. I thought it had a chance but think itís honestly heading in the wrong direction with the wrong people.

The A220 is a white elephant. It constantly breaks down and the flights have to be covered by the Ejet which does not have the same capability. Sixty are on order. There are 13 in the fleet and apparently in 18 months there will be 37. I do not believe that this is possible. The passengers seem to get lied to a lot as well and part of your job will be to constantly apologize to them. The consistent chaos will wane on you.

You will join excited, you will become frustrated and then angry and then you will decide you made a mistake and itís time to move on.

Dear Management
You have to change. No one really believes you anymore and please stop patting yourselves on the back every Tuesday for creating this mess that you now have. The pay will not be enough as you canít just throw money at your employees and then lie to them and abuse them. Your passengers are angry as well as evidenced in Social Media. If you do not take heed, you will fail and you will take a lot of people with you!
Dash 8 Q400 is offline  
Old 06-08-2023, 09:52 AM
  #4156  
Gets Weekends Off
 
WHACKMASTER's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.
Posts: 5,967
Default

Originally Posted by Dash 8 Q400 View Post
Things are getting rather, letís say ďTestyĒ and the culture that was suppose to be growing and getting better, is shrinking and getting worse. Yes, even the great DN is getting rather obtuse with the staff. The airline has poor leadership. Most came from Allegiant where the culture has always been rather toxic and is becoming that way at this airline. A lot of promises were, and continue, to be made which are turning out not to be true. It has become a culture of deceipt and deception and while a lot are hangining on for dear life, more and more are realizing itís a bad organization. I wanted to be positive and hope for the future but I no longer have those feelings. I am burned out on the constant lies our management tells us. I thought it had a chance but think itís honestly heading in the wrong direction with the wrong people.

The A220 is a white elephant. It constantly breaks down and the flights have to be covered by the Ejet which does not have the same capability. Sixty are on order. There are 13 in the fleet and apparently in 18 months there will be 37. I do not believe that this is possible. The passengers seem to get lied to a lot as well and part of your job will be to constantly apologize to them. The consistent chaos will wane on you.

You will join excited, you will become frustrated and then angry and then you will decide you made a mistake and itís time to move on.

Dear Management
You have to change. No one really believes you anymore and please stop patting yourselves on the back every Tuesday for creating this mess that you now have. The pay will not be enough as you canít just throw money at your employees and then lie to them and abuse them. Your passengers are angry as well as evidenced in Social Media. If you do not take heed, you will fail and you will take a lot of people with you!
Wow. You could literally substitute in SWA into your description and it would be spot on.
WHACKMASTER is offline  
Old 06-08-2023, 09:56 AM
  #4157  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2022
Posts: 367
Default

Originally Posted by WHACKMASTER View Post
Wow. You could literally substitute in SWA into your description and it would be spot on.
that is true. You could put almost any airline name in there and be pretty accurate.

to OP: either quit or donít, but hereís the best advice Iíll give you. Back your head out of mgmtís a$$ a little bit so you can breathe. Fly your line and enjoy your off days. Stop crying and worrying so much about what mgmt tells you. Just fly and go home. This is not hard. If you have this much anxiety here, youíll have that much anywhere else and itís gonna ruin your whole career for you.
bonvoyage is offline  
Old 06-08-2023, 10:27 AM
  #4158  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 18,545
Default

Originally Posted by WHACKMASTER View Post
Wow. You could literally substitute in SWA into your description and it would be spot on.
SWA is doing great financially. They pay industry standard or better rates. They are very profitable. Breeze is burning cash like a pile of gasoline soaked rags. This is in the highest revenue environment airlines have ever seen. At some point the investors will demand results.
sailingfun is offline  
Old 06-08-2023, 03:01 PM
  #4159  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2021
Posts: 333
Default

Originally Posted by sailingfun;[url=tel:3647853
3647853[/url]]SWA is doing great financially. They pay industry standard or better rates. They are very profitable. Breeze is burning cash like a pile of gasoline soaked rags. This is in the highest revenue environment airlines have ever seen. At some point the investors will demand results.

wouldnt be surprised if WN buys breeze
golfandflows is online now  
Old 06-08-2023, 03:41 PM
  #4160  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2023
Position: None
Posts: 181
Default

Originally Posted by golfandflows View Post
wouldnt be surprised if WN buys breeze
ďNever interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.Ē
― Napoleon Bonaparte
BStill is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Frisky Pilot
Regional
20
01-01-2022 05:02 PM
Drums4life
Regional
107
08-16-2011 11:21 PM
ryane946
Major
25
03-06-2007 08:53 PM
RedBaron007
Major
3
01-31-2007 09:05 PM
RockBottom
Major
0
03-07-2005 11:04 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread