Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-28-2020, 05:11 PM   #21  
Gets Weekends Off
 
tnkrdrvr's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorpilot View Post
Does he do DIP financing? Wasnít aware of that, and that is not what he did with BofA as I recall. Tend to lose best management in those times? And heís a believer in talent. Doesnít seem his style, bankruptcy is so...unseemly.
If Buffet only buys into talented management, than he wonít be buying airline stock. Point me to a major airline with a profitable business and Iíll point out talented management.
tnkrdrvr is offline  
Old 03-29-2020, 01:10 AM   #22  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Qotsaautopilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,285
Default

I have two separate friends that bought tickets in the last week for later this year. One for July 4th and one in September. I think we may be underestimating how fast people come back to flying. I was astonished when they told me this. Iím optimistic no one is going to have to go bankrupt.
Qotsaautopilot is offline  
Old 03-29-2020, 07:20 AM   #23  
Gets Weekends Off
 
5and20's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2019
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qotsaautopilot View Post
I have two separate friends that bought tickets in the last week for later this year. One for July 4th and one in September. I think we may be underestimating how fast people come back to flying. I was astonished when they told me this. Iím optimistic no one is going to have to go bankrupt.
Yeah itís one thing to buy a ticket for months down the road. Some people buy tickets with thought that they are cheap and I can always cancel
5and20 is offline  
Old 03-29-2020, 11:17 AM   #24  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Qotsaautopilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5and20 View Post
Yeah itís one thing to buy a ticket for months down the road. Some people buy tickets with thought that they are cheap and I can always cancel
at least according to them it was trips they have donít before and flights werenít that much cheaper than normal. They also plan on going
Qotsaautopilot is offline  
Old 03-31-2020, 07:49 AM   #25  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green
Posts: 4,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTT View Post
Warren Buffet has $100 billion cash on hand.

think he could take a major private?
Nope. How do you make a small fortune in aviation? Start with a big one.
Packrat is offline  
Old 03-31-2020, 11:42 AM   #26  
Follower
 
Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Captain
Posts: 996
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTT View Post
Warren Buffet has $100 billion cash on hand.

think he could take a major private?
delta American united ups fedex SWA spirit jetblue and frontier
all for 55 billion
Sniper66 is online now  
Old 03-31-2020, 12:30 PM   #27  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
ZeroTT's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
Nope. How do you make a small fortune in aviation? Start with a big one.
that has historically been true but post 2008 there has been money made
ZeroTT is offline  
Old 03-31-2020, 12:49 PM   #28  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ShyGuy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: French Bus Capn'
Posts: 7,240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
I personally don't touch airline stocks with a ten-foot pole, but that's because my job is just as potentially volatile as the stocks.
You could do the ESPP, get the 15% discount, and do an instant sell.
ShyGuy is offline  
Old 03-31-2020, 12:52 PM   #29  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Ihateusernames's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2017
Posts: 251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
You could do the ESPP, get the 15% discount, and do an instant sell.

SWA is only 10%


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ihateusernames is offline  
Old 03-31-2020, 12:54 PM   #30  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green
Posts: 4,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTT View Post
that has historically been true but post 2008 there has been money made
And 96% of it has gone to stock buybacks. Imagine that.
Packrat is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:07 PM.