Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2013, 11:05 AM   #21  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Airway's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: It's still a Guppy, just a bit longer.
Posts: 727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crj driver View Post
United July of this year.. 2400 tt FO
Wow! That's pretty good for this early in the game. Did you have any military time?
Airway is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #22  
Gets Weekends Off
 
HotMamaPilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: FO - 757/767
Posts: 1,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airway View Post
Wow! That's pretty good for this early in the game. Did you have any military time?
If he is from ASA, then it's because he knows "someone".
HotMamaPilot is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #23  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotMamaPilot View Post
If he is from ASA, then it's because he knows "someone".
Do you mean, he's a she?
Columbia is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #24  
Always Junior/Commuting
 
BigBlue's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2013
Position: USAF IP / A300 FO
Posts: 51
Default

United Fall '13
2200 TT
1900 TPIC/IP/EP, all MIL
Attended a Job Fair back in the Spring and 6 internal First Officer Recc's
BigBlue is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #25  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Senior Skipper's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: the correct seat
Posts: 1,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Drank View Post
Posting specific quals/class dates effectively outs you to your prospective employer...and anything you've typed here can/will be used against you in a backgroundy check.

For job revocation purposes, you're not really hired until your probation is complete. Just sayin'
Why would the company check, or care? Unless you've been bad mouthing the company that you want to go to (which is unlikely), I can't see how you can really be damaged.
Senior Skipper is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #26  
Can't abide NAI
 
Bucking Bar's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler
Posts: 11,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Seriously!

Perhaps Purple wasn't clear enough. When you say "the gouge was good" you are outing yourself as a cheater.
No, you are not "cheating" by studying.
Bucking Bar is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #27  
On Reserve
 
Spoonman's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2013
Posts: 10
Default

My $.02, if you're hearing an interview question for the first time at your ACTUAL interview you are probably at a competitive disadvantage. Most TAAT questions require some fore thought to develop IMHO.
Spoonman is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #28  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Senior Skipper's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: the correct seat
Posts: 1,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Seriously!

Perhaps Purple wasn't clear enough. When you say "the gouge was good" you are outing yourself as a cheater.
So studying, upgrading, networking, job fairs etc are expected "if you really want the job". However, looking up what's going to happen on interview day is dishonest...
Senior Skipper is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #29  
Gets Weekends Off
 
fullflank's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Posts: 851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crj driver View Post
United July of this year.. 2400 tt FO
Wow. How did you pull that off? Just curious because it seems like having inside contacts isn't what it once was.
fullflank is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 03:57 AM   #30  
Gets Weekends Off
 
USMCFLYR's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'
Posts: 11,816
Default

Maybe this person doesn't know what "gouge" is.
Using his definition, interview prep would be considered 'cheating' too; OR, the person is sore because s/he didn't get, find, or use the "gouge".

If you are really worried about what you are saying on the online forum, then maybe the problem lies with what you are posting and not whether someone is reading it.

As far as the information requested and posted already - thanks for sharing.
Obviously a lot of experience out there.
USMCFLYR is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply

Tags
hiring, interview
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hired with less than 100 Multi hurricanechaser Hiring News 19 02-26-2013 09:13 PM
Why pilots DON'T get hired Freight Dog Career Questions 0 11-25-2007 04:32 PM
Skywest pilots hired on 11/16/06 ghilis101 Regional 11 11-17-2007 07:30 PM
Just Hired ASA, Few questions. afterburn81 Regional 8 05-13-2007 08:27 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:21 PM.