Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Military (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/military/)
-   -   CBP Air Interdiction Agent (Pilot) (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/military/108466-cbp-air-interdiction-agent-pilot.html)

DustoffVT 02-26-2018 08:01 AM


Originally Posted by RPAeyes (Post 2536626)
Im not going to be “black listed” from AMO for turning them down will I? I’d be happy to take the position, again if it just allowed me to give a proper 2 wks notice, put my belongings into storage and then report for training. I guess it would be prudent for me to contact the hiring center with this question, but shouldnt my poloygraph and physical be good for at least a year? Surely they will have another class, heck its pretty much an open announcement all year

Probably not. 10 years ago yes. Now CBP has trouble filling slots, they'll probably hold onto your number.

Grom1234 03-09-2018 10:14 PM

Just a question for the CBP guys on here, where are the good places to be stationed, if any? What are the stations to stay away from? Also, where can you fly the bigger airplane's like the king air's, Citation or pc12?

emersonbiguns 03-10-2018 07:48 AM


Originally Posted by Grom1234 (Post 2547503)
... where are the good places to be stationed, if any?

It depends on your desires.


Originally Posted by Grom1234 (Post 2547503)
What are the stations to stay away from?

Puerto Rico is a hole.


Originally Posted by Grom1234 (Post 2547503)
Also, where can you fly the bigger airplane's like the king air's, Citation or pc12?

Citations are pretty much dead. The organization has pretty much destroyed any hope of ever having a future for them.

The only place you'll see a real airplane as a new hire is Puerto Rico. That will be a Dash 8.

Grom1234 03-10-2018 06:34 PM

[QUOTE=emersonbiguns;2547727]It depends on your desires.

To fly as much as possible and not live in a terrible area.

emersonbiguns 03-11-2018 12:19 AM


Originally Posted by Grom1234 (Post 2548170)
To fly as much as possible and not live in a terrible area.

If PR, McAllen, TX or Laredo, TX are terrible, then you're out of luck.

Or you could get really lucky and get sent to fly the Pred in ND...

Grom1234 03-27-2018 12:49 PM


Originally Posted by emersonbiguns (Post 2548268)
If PR, McAllen, TX or Laredo, TX are terrible, then you're out of luck.

Or you could get really lucky and get sent to fly the Pred in ND...


Anyone have any input on living at any of these bases?
-McAllen
-Laredo
-Sierra Vista
-Yuma
-Deming
-Alpine

emersonbiguns 03-27-2018 06:38 PM


Originally Posted by Grom1234 (Post 2559958)
Anyone have any input on living at any of these bases?
-McAllen
-Laredo
-Sierra Vista
-Yuma
-Deming
-Alpine

What's important to you? "Input" is subjective. If you don't provide any supporting information, it's really tough to give you any sort of meaningful help.

Sierra Vista is the least sucky of them all, but you will be a Pred guy and won't get any real aircraft time for years.

Grom1234 03-27-2018 06:52 PM


Originally Posted by emersonbiguns (Post 2560170)
What's important to you? "Input" is subjective. If you don't provide any supporting information, it's really tough to give you any sort of meaningful help.

Sierra Vista is the least sucky of them all, but you will be a Pred guy and won't get any real aircraft time for years.

What is the local area is like?
Cost of living?
Crime?
Schools?
Recreation?

Why would you live there or not?

Would you move your family there?

Those are the kinds of questions I am trying to answer.

emersonbiguns 03-27-2018 08:04 PM


Originally Posted by Grom1234 (Post 2560180)
What is the local area is like?
Cost of living?
Crime?
Schools?
Recreation?

Google is your friend.
Go to GoogleMaps and look at Alpine, Texas... tell me what you think.


Originally Posted by Grom1234 (Post 2560180)
Why would you live there or not?

Sierra Vista is the only possibility, but no way if it required me to give up flying, for the Pred.



Originally Posted by Grom1234 (Post 2560180)
Would you move your family there?

No, to every option.


Where do you currently live? Where have you lived previously? What do(did) like and dislike about each? What's important to you? What kind of recreation do you like? Do you need culture? Or just wide open spaces? Do you like heat? Humidity? Are you and your family Spanish speakers? etc, etc, etc.

USMCFLYR 03-28-2018 04:26 AM

I would have no problem living in Yuma, AZ.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:00 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands