Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Military (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/military/)
-   -   CBP Air Interdiction Agent (Pilot) (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/military/108466-cbp-air-interdiction-agent-pilot.html)

Voski 04-07-2020 05:29 AM

Does anyone have a list of current flying assignment locations one could eventually get assigned to? I know they're pushing Aguadilla, Yuma, McAllen, San Angelo, etc. right now, but I'm curious where other opportunities may exist in the future.

MrAirplane 04-07-2020 05:31 AM

Whats the QOL looking like in 2020? Have things gotten better for the pilots?

senecacaptain 04-07-2020 06:42 AM


Originally Posted by Voski (Post 3025867)
Does anyone have a list of current flying assignment locations one could eventually get assigned to? I know they're pushing Aguadilla, Yuma, McAllen, San Angelo, etc. right now, but I'm curious where other opportunities may exist in the future.

From my understanding of things, new hires can expect Southwest border, or Puerto Rico, as first-assignment.

dapuckstopper15 04-07-2020 02:51 PM

, how was your first week back in AMO? You ready for a another few years?

Diverb has a lot of great insight guys, definitely listen to this him.

My wife would visit El Paso and consider it. For any of the guys that live down there, how smart would it be to buy a house there? New builds and newer houses seem fairly cheap (sub $250K for a decent sized house). Any good areas to look at if we visit?

CRJJ 04-07-2020 10:35 PM

Quick question for the experienced guys. I'm curious about the initial training, apart from the aviation related stuff. I understand there's a specific training to become a law enforcement officer, and then the aviation related part?. If that was the case, is it the typical army-like bootcamp? more like police academy?.
I'm a big guy, recovering from a broken ankle, so not int he best shape of my life at all.....and I wonder how compatible would that be with the job.

Thank you.

Scubidopapa 04-08-2020 01:58 PM

Training
 

Originally Posted by CRJJ (Post 3026847)
Quick question for the experienced guys. I'm curious about the initial training, apart from the aviation related stuff. I understand there's a specific training to become a law enforcement officer, and then the aviation related part?. If that was the case, is it the typical army-like bootcamp? more like police academy?.
I'm a big guy, recovering from a broken ankle, so not int he best shape of my life at all.....and I wonder how compatible would that be with the job.

Thank you.

you will spend five months at the Federal law enforcement training center in Georgia. Itís a federal police academy. The training is focused on general law enforcement tactics and knowledge. You will leave the academy trained to enforce immigration, customs and many other federal laws. You do t have to be in great shape to pass, but you will be participating in exercise, tactics and police scenarios on a Daily basis. This is a law enforcement position.

ugleeual 04-08-2020 04:16 PM

10 mile ruck marches... thatís pretty hard core.

USMCFLYR 04-08-2020 04:25 PM

Scub -

im not saying it was Marine Boot Camp or anything but you guys definitely has some serious PT requirements and hand-to-hand training (grappling) didnít you? One of the major reason I didnít pursue CBP after retirement was that I couldnít physically past my last USMC PFT (I could do the BFT). And I assumed that with my medical condition I wouldnít be able to pass the physical requirements of the FLETC. Can you expand on some of the current physical requirements?

Scubidopapa 04-08-2020 04:46 PM


Originally Posted by USMCFLYR (Post 3027419)
Scub -

im not saying it was Marine Boot Camp or anything but you guys definitely has some serious PT requirements and hand-to-hand training (grappling) didnít you? One of the major reason I didnít pursue CBP after retirement was that I couldnít physically past my last USMC PFT (I could do the BFT). And I assumed that with my medical condition I wouldnít be able to pass the physical requirements of the FLETC. Can you expand on some of the current physical requirements?

The PT isnít difficult by any measure. Having said that, most injuries occur during grappling or training sessions. Grappling is usually done at 20-50 percent effort depending on the student. I saw several people sent home for injuries from arrest technique training.

CRJJ 04-08-2020 07:44 PM

It really sounds like a great experience, but I guess this ankle of mine ain't going that far. I remember those Dash 8 in Puerto Rico, beautiful machine.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:56 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands