Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Career Builder > Military
CBP Air Interdiction Agent (Pilot) >

CBP Air Interdiction Agent (Pilot)

Notices
Military Military Aviation

CBP Air Interdiction Agent (Pilot)

Old 08-19-2020, 09:07 AM
  #631  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jul 2016
Posts: 14
Default

Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
oooh, sounds like story time!
Trust me. Don't show up for your helicopter check ride with a burrito lunch. It is a good story, actually.........
skylike is offline  
Old 08-26-2020, 04:15 PM
  #632  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: 135 CA
Posts: 88
Default

Hey does anyone know are new hires going to the predator or the C206?
Jet757 is offline  
Old 08-27-2020, 06:41 AM
  #633  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Posts: 46
Default

Originally Posted by Jet757 View Post
Hey does anyone know are new hires going to the predator or the C206?
If you go to Sierra Vista you will bounce the 206 for currency. In San Angelo you’ll fly the PC-12 maybe a third of the time.
RCpilot2018 is offline  
Old 08-28-2020, 11:12 AM
  #634  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: 135 CA
Posts: 88
Default

Originally Posted by RCpilot2018 View Post
If you go to Sierra Vista you will bounce the 206 for currency. In San Angelo you’ll fly the PC-12 maybe a third of the time.
Thank you.

When you're not flying what are the typical duties?
Jet757 is offline  
Old 08-29-2020, 07:41 AM
  #635  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2013
Posts: 165
Default

Is Puerto Rico the closest base to Miami? What is a typical day like? And finally is 100k a realistic 1st year salary?

thanks
Kerizbro is offline  
Old 08-30-2020, 12:35 PM
  #636  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Feb 2020
Posts: 17
Default

Originally Posted by Kerizbro View Post
Is Puerto Rico the closest base to Miami? What is a typical day like? And finally is 100k a realistic 1st year salary?

thanks
Homestead is closest to Miami, then Jacksonville. Puerto Rico may be the closest that is currently hiring.

$93156 is what the first year pay is plus nights, holidays, and Sunday pay may get close to 100K
mimark is offline  
Old 08-30-2020, 03:59 PM
  #637  
Gets Everyday Off
 
TransWorld's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Relaxed
Posts: 4,652
Default

Originally Posted by mimark View Post
Homestead is closest to Miami, then Jacksonville. Puerto Rico may be the closest that is currently hiring.

$93156 is what the first year pay is plus nights, holidays, and Sunday pay may get close to 100K
After Hurricane Andrew in 1992, Homestead became a Reserve Air Base. Last time I heard it was active was for airlift after a disaster in Haiti.
TransWorld is offline  
Old 08-30-2020, 04:20 PM
  #638  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Feb 2020
Posts: 17
Default

Originally Posted by TransWorld View Post
After Hurricane Andrew in 1992, Homestead became a Reserve Air Base. Last time I heard it was active was for airlift after a disaster in Haiti.
Not sure what your point is?
Miami Air and Marine Branch is located at Homestead.
mimark is offline  
Old 08-30-2020, 04:40 PM
  #639  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2013
Posts: 165
Default

Originally Posted by mimark View Post
Homestead is closest to Miami, then Jacksonville. Puerto Rico may be the closest that is currently hiring.

$93156 is what the first year pay is plus nights, holidays, and Sunday pay may get close to 100K
Ok thanks, which aircraft do they fly out of homestead? and when you are not flying what does a typical day look like?

Thanks I really appreciate it.
Kerizbro is offline  
Old 08-30-2020, 04:54 PM
  #640  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Feb 2020
Posts: 17
Default

Originally Posted by Kerizbro View Post
Ok thanks, which aircraft do they fly out of homestead? and when you are not flying what does a typical day look like?

Thanks I really appreciate it.
King Air 350, Astar, UH-60

Shift work, 5 days a week. Fly some days, firearms and other training some days, work on collateral duties other days. Home a majority of nights but TDYs to other locations for anywhere from a couple days to two weeks typically.

Last edited by mimark; 08-30-2020 at 05:27 PM.
mimark is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
avi8tor220
Air Wisconsin
6751
05-07-2019 11:11 AM
Flyin1500
Alaska
63
04-01-2017 12:27 PM
winglet
Regional
47
05-15-2016 09:45 PM
freightdog
Regional
64
12-03-2009 02:17 PM
RockBottom
Major
0
04-29-2005 07:34 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread