Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Military (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/military/)
-   -   CBP Air Interdiction Agent (Pilot) (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/military/108466-cbp-air-interdiction-agent-pilot.html)

pilotaz 10-23-2020 07:09 AM

Ah nice I didn't know that people were at FLETC. I have passed the polygraph just waiting for an interview date and background. Hopefully I will get everything done to start FLETC next year.

efc4life 10-25-2020 01:16 PM


Originally Posted by pilotaz (Post 3148991)
Ah nice I didn't know that people were at FLETC. I have passed the polygraph just waiting for an interview date and background. Hopefully I will get everything done to start FLETC next year.

I'm around the same spot as you. Everything complete except the flight checkand background is in progress. I'm thinking we'll be doing our check ride summer 2021 and start FLETC spring/summer 2022. Would be stoked if that timeline gets shortened, but that's what I'm planning for.

USMCFLYR 10-25-2020 02:03 PM


Originally Posted by efc4life (Post 3149971)
I'm around the same spot as you. Everything complete except the flight checkand background is in progress. I'm thinking we'll be doing our check ride summer 2021 and start FLETC spring/summer 2022. Would be stoked if that timeline gets shortened, but that's what I'm planning for.

Are you solid with the opportunity with CBP or will you be looking for something else during that time and if an opportunity comes along then you will re-evaluate at that time?

efc4life 10-25-2020 04:51 PM


Originally Posted by USMCFLYR (Post 3149983)
Are you solid with the opportunity with CBP or will you be looking for something else during that time and if an opportunity comes along then you will re-evaluate at that time?

The CBP AMO opportunity is the top of my list at this time. I've been able to check most of the "been there, done that" boxes in a traditional airline career and am looking forward to a new mission.

FLYGUYRY 10-26-2020 09:28 AM


Originally Posted by pilotaz (Post 3148991)
Ah nice I didn't know that people were at FLETC. I have passed the polygraph just waiting for an interview date and background. Hopefully I will get everything done to start FLETC next year.

It will be 2022 at the earliest I was told and I have everything done. Sadly the wait keeps getting longer not shorter.

Cjones 10-26-2020 03:29 PM

Hey, quick question. How long did your background check take?

cpagdog 10-26-2020 04:09 PM

Update from FLETC. Right now 7 classes are scheduled for next year. The next class shows up on Dec 28. Then a 2nd class will show up mid Jan. Third class will begin in March. I did not here any time frames for the other classes. Obviously this is all subject to change.

pilotaz 10-27-2020 05:24 AM


Originally Posted by cpagdog (Post 3150409)
Update from FLETC. Right now 7 classes are scheduled for next year. The next class shows up on Dec 28. Then a 2nd class will show up mid Jan. Third class will begin in March. I did not here any time frames for the other classes. Obviously this is all subject to change.

Nice hopefully more than one is for AIA's ! Thank you for letting us know

FLYGUYRY 10-27-2020 11:49 AM


Originally Posted by Cjones (Post 3150390)
Hey, quick question. How long did your background check take?

a long time especially for someone with ts/sci already lol

Eseloco954 11-10-2020 05:22 AM

So it seems like alot of people here are just waiting for the background/flight assessment.
Two questions, any idea if we get an email or any type of notification once the background investigation is complete?
And with the recent medical breakthrough with a possible vaccine on the horizon what are the chances these FLETC timelines
will speed up?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:51 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands