Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Military (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/military/)
-   -   CBP Air Interdiction Agent (Pilot) (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/military/108466-cbp-air-interdiction-agent-pilot.html)

Scubidopapa 01-05-2021 07:05 PM


Originally Posted by PreciousCargo (Post 3177899)
hey guys I have been filling out my packet i got from the recuuiter and i am stuck on the locations they are offering. I'd like to fly obviously and I don't mind bouncing around plane to helicopter at that location any inside information would be great.

This is what I'm having to chose from

Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
El Paso, Texas
Laredo, Texas
San Angelo, Texas
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Yuma, Arizona

I know Puerto Rico has more flying but I have other obligations and a wife and child.

Thanks

Sierra vista is a good place to be if you donít mind flying the box. You can live in the Tucson area and have a one hour commute to work. El Paso is a decent place to raise a family. Puerto Rico is a great place to work and a nice place to live. Iím not sure why having a wife and child would prevent you from working in PR. Most employees in PR have families.

Eseloco954 01-06-2021 08:27 AM

Looking for some information on the flight eval (fixed wing). Im an airline guy and haven't flown a piston aircraft in about four years. If somebody with some insight wouldn't mind shooting me a PM that would be great. Thanks!

PreciousCargo 01-06-2021 05:34 PM


Originally Posted by Scubidopapa (Post 3178279)
Sierra vista is a good place to be if you donít mind flying the box. You can live in the Tucson area and have a one hour commute to work. El Paso is a decent place to raise a family. Puerto Rico is a great place to work and a nice place to live. Iím not sure why having a wife and child would prevent you from working in PR. Most employees in PR have families.

I'm sorry I wasn't too specific with the Puerto Rico location. Its a concern for me cause I have military obligations still and I don't know how difficult it is for me to fulfill that commitment that far away.

I am concerned about family cause of schools, environments and things like that. I know nothing about these places.

I am also eager to know about aircraft types at locations. Dual rated so I was curious what life might be like. I don't wanna fly drones if I can help it

DustoffVT 01-07-2021 01:41 PM

As always, I would really request people refrain from listing specific aircraft and capabilities by branch on here. We gotta have some semblance of OPSEC.

The aircraft youíll fly are just about the least important contributor to your QOL in this job. Location, management, tolerance for TDYs, outside interests carry way more weight.

PreciousCargo 01-10-2021 06:42 PM


Originally Posted by DustoffVT (Post 3178814)
As always, I would really request people refrain from listing specific aircraft and capabilities by branch on here. We gotta have some semblance of OPSEC.

The aircraft youíll fly are just about the least important contributor to your QOL in this job. Location, management, tolerance for TDYs, outside interests carry way more weight.

you raise a good point i apologize.

emersonbiguns 01-12-2021 06:37 AM


Originally Posted by DustoffVT (Post 3178814)
We gotta have some semblance of OPSEC.

LOL

NatGeo Border Wars

Kerizbro 01-13-2021 04:56 PM

Can anyone compare the homestead base vs the aguadilla base? Pay, flying, schedules..

Also how long does it take to get homestead?

Lastly, what is a typical days schedule like at any base?

Thanks

falconkidding 01-16-2021 09:19 PM

How many applicants are they going to have no show at fletc or turn down the job cause they have been jerked around for over a year. I got called almost 4 months after my "failed" polygraph asking if I would take another..... No....... in the months after the examiner said there was no way I would get a 2nd I took another flying job.

How many of those in the accepted stage are going to bail cause they are recalled to 121 or at 135 places. I know if I took the 2nd poly and made it, I would "accept" the offer but only as protection against an imploding flying market cause I lucked into a cushy 135 spot. Do they factor that in and "over hire" expecting most to bail?

kaputt 01-17-2021 06:36 AM


Originally Posted by falconkidding (Post 3182580)
How many applicants are they going to have no show at fletc or turn down the job cause they have been jerked around for over a year. I got called almost 4 months after my "failed" polygraph asking if I would take another..... No....... in the months after the examiner said there was no way I would get a 2nd I took another flying job.

How many of those in the accepted stage are going to bail cause they are recalled to 121 or at 135 places. I know if I took the 2nd poly and made it, I would "accept" the offer but only as protection against an imploding flying market cause I lucked into a cushy 135 spot. Do they factor that in and "over hire" expecting most to bail?

Iím sure there will be some. How many will depend on what exactly the aviation industry looks like when that time comes. There may be a few who also stick around though even if opportunities come up on the civilian side because they are done with the tumultuous nature of the airline industry and want some stability and the opportunity to support a good mission.

Maybe one of the CBP guys on here has some knowledge into the recruiting process and whether they over hire or not, but my response would be to never underestimate the incompetence of the government hiring process. Itís likely not pilots ultimately making the manning decisions for CBP.

mimark 01-17-2021 12:11 PM


Originally Posted by falconkidding (Post 3182580)
How many applicants are they going to have no show at fletc or turn down the job cause they have been jerked around for over a year.

Quite a few end up turning it down because the process is too long and by the time they get called they have moved on.

The process was actually getting much better than it used to be because it was taking far too long (it still needed improvement). Once COVID hit that slowed down/backed up FLETC classes and so it is once again taking too long to get someone on board.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:15 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands