Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2009, 09:31 AM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
USMCFLYR's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'
Posts: 11,903
Default Airborne Tactical Advantage Company (ATAC)

Who has experience working with ATAC (I mean during SFARP, Red Flag, LFEs, etc...).
Does anyone on the forum work for them or know someone who does/has?

Airborne Tactical Advantage Company

USMCFLYR
USMCFLYR is offline  
Old 11-11-2009, 10:02 AM   #2  
No one's home
 
III Corps's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2006
Posts: 950
Default

No experience but early on ATAC was mentioned as THE recipients for the two SU-27s imported into Rockford IL earlier this year. That seems to have fallen through with the Flankers now on various sites for sale. Got $5 mil???

I can see the Kfirs and the A-4s but the Hunter seems an odd bird in the mix unless they are using it as a low-level ingressor.
III Corps is offline  
Old 11-11-2009, 10:12 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
USMCFLYR's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'
Posts: 11,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by III Corps View Post
No experience but early on ATAC was mentioned as THE recipients for the two SU-27s imported into Rockford IL earlier this year. That seems to have fallen through with the Flankers now on various sites for sale. Got $5 mil???

I can see the Kfirs and the A-4s but the Hunter seems an odd bird in the mix unless they are using it as a low-level ingressor.
This article explains the choices to some extent.

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/ATACs-Aerial-Opponent-Training-05344/

I've seen the Kfirs around for years - especially in Oceana, but I only recently heard of the A-4Ns used for CAS training/JTAC training. This is right up my alley. Thanks for the response III Corps.

USMCFLYR
USMCFLYR is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 08:41 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
SaltyDog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Leftof longitudinal
Posts: 1,624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
This article explains the choices to some extent.

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/ATACs-Aerial-Opponent-Training-05344/

I've seen the Kfirs around for years - especially in Oceana, but I only recently heard of the A-4Ns used for CAS training/JTAC training. This is right up my alley. Thanks for the response III Corps.

USMCFLYR
PM on the way
SaltyDog is offline  
Old 11-21-2009, 05:24 AM   #5  
Smells like teen spirit
 
scrapdog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Mil and Civ
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
This article explains the choices to some extent.

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/ATACs-Aerial-Opponent-Training-05344/

I've seen the Kfirs around for years - especially in Oceana, but I only recently heard of the A-4Ns used for CAS training/JTAC training. This is right up my alley. Thanks for the response III Corps.

USMCFLYR
I have worked for them.
scrapdog is offline  
Old 11-21-2009, 08:29 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
USMCFLYR's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'
Posts: 11,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapdog View Post
I have worked for them.
Would you care to share your background and how you got on with ATAC and finally your experiences - good and bad - while you were there? Touching on the common questions of QOL, pay, types of flying, locations, etc.... might be helpful to some on APC.

USMCFLYR
USMCFLYR is offline  
Old 11-29-2009, 03:59 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
zondaracer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: CRJ CA
Posts: 1,872
Default

Hey, that company looks a lot like these guys based out of Williams Gateway...
ATSI
zondaracer is offline  
Old 11-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #8  
Smells like teen spirit
 
scrapdog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Mil and Civ
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
Would you care to share your background and how you got on with ATAC and finally your experiences - good and bad - while you were there? Touching on the common questions of QOL, pay, types of flying, locations, etc.... might be helpful to some on APC.

USMCFLYR
Not on here - you can PM me with specific questions.
scrapdog is offline  
Old 04-12-2010, 04:13 PM   #9  
Line Holder
 
FightingFalconI's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2010
Position: C-172, PA-34
Posts: 1
Default

What's up with the "professional red air"?
FightingFalconI is offline  
Old 04-12-2010, 04:18 PM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
USMCFLYR's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'
Posts: 11,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingFalconI View Post
What's up with the "professional red air"?
I've picked up a job with a company called ATAC.

USMCFLYR
USMCFLYR is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UPS considering furloughing 300 IPA pilots brownie Cargo 200 03-05-2009 08:55 PM
Latest Trans States VARS Foxcow Trans States Airlines 147 02-23-2009 10:08 PM
American Airlines Presentation Splanky Major 138 12-23-2008 10:03 AM
RAH Makes Big Money - Low Crew to Plane Ratio AirbornPegasus Regional 8 10-30-2008 01:04 PM
The Business We're In BoilerPilot2007 Regional 16 09-25-2008 05:00 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:51 AM.