Notices
NetJets Fractional Operator

Training Footprint

Old 09-15-2023, 09:06 AM
  #11  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2019
Posts: 125
Default

Originally Posted by kaputt View Post
What is the lead time on getting a class date from when/if you get a CJO?
Apparently there's a lot of training backlog right now, especially on some of the fleets. I am sure you'd get an indoc class date with the CJO, the actual airplane class could be weeks/months. when I was at work last week, met a Flex guy and a Planesense one who didn't get the CJO at netjets, they didn't tell them why unfortunately.
SonnyTuckson is offline  
Old 09-15-2023, 01:05 PM
  #12  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Posts: 990
Default

Originally Posted by SonnyTuckson View Post
Apparently there's a lot of training backlog right now, especially on some of the fleets. I am sure you'd get an indoc class date with the CJO, the actual airplane class could be weeks/months. when I was at work last week, met a Flex guy and a Planesense one who didn't get the CJO at netjets, they didn't tell them why unfortunately.
That last part is good to hear. We are hiring good pilots and still being at least a little picky.
jtf560 is offline  
Old 09-15-2023, 10:27 PM
  #13  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Dec 2021
Posts: 78
Default

Originally Posted by kaputt View Post
What is the lead time on getting a class date from when/if you get a CJO?
fwiw over a year ago I was walking into indoc exactly three weeks after my interview, along with several others from that same interview
KaraokeMan is offline  
Old 09-16-2023, 09:05 AM
  #14  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2011
Posts: 490
Default

Appreciate the info on CJO to training timelines. A question along those lines; it seems that since the turn around is fairly quick from offer to training, for someone that doesn't have an ATP you probably should have the ATP/CTP and written done before you apply?

I have around 1750 hours with just over 300 turbine. I took a single pilot, single engine turbine job as I neared 1500 hours because all the regionals stopped hiring FOs. Not sure if that resume is competitive though, especially with the above post mentioning PlaneSense and FlexJet folks getting TBNT.
kaputt is offline  
Old 09-16-2023, 09:35 AM
  #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2019
Posts: 125
Default

Originally Posted by kaputt View Post
Appreciate the info on CJO to training timelines. A question along those lines; it seems that since the turn around is fairly quick from offer to training, for someone that doesn't have an ATP you probably should have the ATP/CTP and written done before you apply?

I have around 1750 hours with just over 300 turbine. I took a single pilot, single engine turbine job as I neared 1500 hours because all the regionals stopped hiring FOs. Not sure if that resume is competitive though, especially with the above post mentioning PlaneSense and FlexJet folks getting TBNT.
The company is hiring kids straight out of college aviation programs, you are definitely competitive compared to them with 1,750 TT and turbine time. You do need the ATP/CTP though to apply here.
SonnyTuckson is offline  
Old 09-17-2023, 04:36 PM
  #16  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Mar 2019
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by SonnyTuckson View Post
The company is hiring kids straight out of college aviation programs, you are definitely competitive compared to them with 1,750 TT and turbine time. You do need the ATP/CTP though to apply here.
Several people in my class applied with ATP minimums, 0 turbine and got the offer obviously. Recruiters also allowed people to interview without ATP/CTP, you just have to get it done before start date, a few in my class did exactly that as well.
Treepilot is offline  
Old 09-18-2023, 04:47 AM
  #17  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Posts: 215
Default

Are they hiring retired 121 guys at the moment?
viking767 is offline  
Old 09-18-2023, 07:00 AM
  #18  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Posts: 149
Default

Originally Posted by viking767 View Post
Are they hiring retired 121 guys at the moment?
Yes. In large numbers? Does not appear to be so. I believe it was said at one point by someone in the hiring sphere that NJA was testing the waters with some retired 121 folks to see how they do.
hdgbug is offline  
Old 09-18-2023, 03:33 PM
  #19  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2023
Posts: 218
Default

Originally Posted by hdgbug View Post
Yes. In large numbers? Does not appear to be so. I believe it was said at one point by someone in the hiring sphere that NJA was testing the waters with some retired 121 folks to see how they do.
They have had a long history and unsuccessful experience with retired 121 pilots.

They all interview well but this place is so polar opposite to what they spend 30 plus years doing they canít wrap their head around it.

They arenít here for the right reasons and then the job requiring them to wipe down toilets and making sure the bright work is brightÖ. Well they canít comprehend.

On paper they sound great. On the road. lol.
Swedepilut is offline  
Old 10-09-2023, 04:56 PM
  #20  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Oct 2023
Posts: 1
Default

Does anyone have an update to the current training footprint once you start indoctrination?
BlueSky15 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
ZipZap
JetBlue
190
09-17-2019 08:44 PM
KennyG1700
Flight Schools and Training
40
08-01-2019 01:53 AM
Aviator2019
SkyWest
266
05-14-2019 01:27 AM
HuggyU2
Part 91 and Low Time
25
03-27-2013 03:24 PM
iflyatnite
Cargo
75
05-03-2010 08:13 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread