Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2018, 03:03 PM   #1  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 13
Default Envoy vs/or Compass

Hello, I had couple questions and looking for some advise in choosing a an FO position. I have an offer from Compass and Envoy to start this January. I have lots of family in Phx and really considering living here because of the base Compass just opened. Living would be much easier(FINANCIALLY) and no commute really. If i go with Envoy has flow and id be living in Chicago or New York by looking at my seniority class pick. (as well REALLY EXPENSIVE LIVING). What do you guys think? thanks.
Cristian17 is offline  
Old 01-16-2018, 07:53 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
BobbyLeeSwagger's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee
Posts: 1,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristian17 View Post
Hello, I had couple questions and looking for some advise in choosing a an FO position. I have an offer from Compass and Envoy to start this January. I have lots of family in Phx and really considering living here because of the base Compass just opened. Living would be much easier(FINANCIALLY) and no commute really. If i go with Envoy has flow and id be living in Chicago or New York by looking at my seniority class pick. (as well REALLY EXPENSIVE LIVING). What do you guys think? thanks.
Compass provides free lunch on the first day of class, so I would go with them. Then you can start a thread titled "I'm choosing Compass"
BobbyLeeSwagger is online now  
Old 01-16-2018, 08:11 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSwagger View Post
Compass provides free lunch on the first day of class, so I would go with them. Then you can start a thread titled "I'm choosing Compass"
We get free lunch on the first day????
WillFlyForSpam is offline  
Old 01-16-2018, 09:09 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
BobbyLeeSwagger's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee
Posts: 1,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillFlyForSpam View Post
We get free lunch on the first day????
Yah, the sandwich and cookie, remember? It's the day you get the badge.
BobbyLeeSwagger is online now  
Old 01-16-2018, 10:46 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSwagger View Post
Yah, the sandwich and cookie, remember? It's the day you get the badge.
I was too busy swiping compass sunglasses. My bad.
WillFlyForSpam is offline  
Old 06-04-2018, 01:12 PM   #6  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSwagger View Post
It's the day you get the badge.
The badge!








"I'm Choosing Compass"
SkyFive is offline  
Old 06-05-2018, 03:47 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristian17 View Post
I have lots of family in [the better choice] and really considering living here ... Living would be much easier(FINANCIALLY) and no commute really. If i go with [the worse choice that maybe] has flow and id be living in Chicago or New York by looking at my seniority class pick. (as well REALLY EXPENSIVE LIVING).
Fixed it for you

There are a few pieces of generally accumulated wisdom here. Live in base is one of them.
ZeroTT is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply

Tags
compass, envoy
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Envoy Air versus ExpressJet Jland0413 Envoy Airlines 31 08-27-2016 07:03 PM
PSA 50 seat aircraft will get parked sooner 404yxl PSA Airlines 384 03-22-2016 03:47 PM
Envoy Information Alex14 Envoy Airlines 1680 02-19-2016 04:19 PM
Compass...PSA....Mesa...or....stay at Envoy? 3inthegreen Compass Airlines 130 04-14-2015 03:44 PM
Envoy DFWEMB Envoy Airlines 48 02-03-2014 09:52 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:15 PM.