Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Everts Air Cargo

Old 12-02-2017, 11:29 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2017
Position: Freight Dog

Originally Posted by captfred View Post
Not yet- awaiting FAA approval.
They are advertising for pilots now,perhaps it happened. I'm interested.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:51 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green

Originally Posted by endlessnight View Post
They are advertising for pilots now,perhaps it happened. I'm interested.
The E-120 is on the 135 Certificate.

Everts Air Cargo for application details. Current F/O minimums are lower than indicated.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
The E-120 is on the 135 Certificate.

Everts Air Cargo for application details. Current F/O minimums are lower than indicated.

PM sent Packrat
Old 05-30-2018, 04:59 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2017
Default Military Helo Guy

I'll be retiring from the Army in about 6 Months and was curious as to the minimums to fly with Everts up in Alaska. I do hold Comm/Inst AMEL, just very few hours. Would love to get back up to Alaska, and I don't mind getting my hands a little dirty.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by Inception View Post
I'll be retiring from the Army in about 6 Months and was curious as to the minimums to fly with Everts up in Alaska. I do hold Comm/Inst AMEL, just very few hours. Would love to get back up to Alaska, and I don't mind getting my hands a little dirty.
Not knowing your hours of experience, you can apply with Everest Air Alaska, the 135 operation. They have a couple of C-208s and a PC-12. They have an EMB120 on their 135 certificate which operates predominately in the Lower 48. You will never find a more generous employer, who also flies the line in the DC-6 and C-46, to work for. His door is always open and his mobile is on 24/7. He encourages growth from within. I recommend you send EAC/EAA your CV.

Thank you for your service to our country and all the best.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:26 PM
Banned

Everts Air Alaska is the Part 135 operation based in Fairbanks. There is also a Part 125 operation, Everts Air Fuel that flies the DC-6 and C-46. You could fly for them until you have the time and experience to transition to the Part 121 operation and fly the DC-6, DC-9 or MD-80 in Anchorage.

Everts Air Cargo
Old 06-14-2018, 01:07 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2017

I am interested in Everts as well, most likely the 121 side in the MD-80 (Home Based). 121 qualified with an unrestricted ATP. Anyone know if they will allow home basing from the State of Alaska? I know they are an Alaska based company but sometimes companies consider Alaska and Hawaii to be "international" and won't home base from either states probably due to cost. Would also be interested in the ANC based DC-9 FO position but am curious as to where they fly the DC-9 out of ANC. Is it mainly within the State of Alaska or do they do any out of state flying from ANC?
Old 06-14-2018, 02:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lraber33 View Post
I am interested in Everts as well, most likely the 121 side in the MD-80 (Home Based). 121 qualified with an unrestricted ATP. Anyone know if they will allow home basing from the State of Alaska?
You can be assigned to the L48 MD base. You would have to commute to SEA or PDX because those are the closest home basing gateways to ANC/FAI. ANC base pilots are not "home based."

That said there is a relatively new MD-80 pilot base in ANC, so that would be an option if you live in ANC.

I know they are an Alaska based company but sometimes companies consider Alaska and Hawaii to be "international" and won't home base from either states probably due to cost.
Exactly the reason...cost.

Would also be interested in the ANC based DC-9 FO position but am curious as to where they fly the DC-9 out of ANC. Is it mainly within the State of Alaska or do they do any out of state flying from ANC?
At the present time, the DC-9 and the MD-80 ANC bases fly within the state of Alaska. The airports most frequently served: ANC, FAI, BET, ADQ, OME, OTZ, BRW, AKN, DLI, UNK but we''ve been to GAL, CDV, CDB. The jets go pretty much anywhere that is paved, 6000' long and 150' wide.

That doesn't mean you could be assigned elsewhere. For instance when the hurricane devastated Puerto Rico, we had an MD-80 and a Brasilia that flew relief efforts down there for several weeks.

The ANC DC-9 is being phased out and replaced with MD-80s. One is already permanently assigned there. Another will be coming up for the summer (allegedly!). A fourth MD is currently in door conversion and a fifth is slated for conversion this fall/winter. New hire ANC based pilots will be trained in the MD-80.

PM me with any other questions.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:52 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2012

Can someone translate this from their hiring ad:

“Do not use IRO for PIC”?
Old 07-09-2018, 04:08 AM
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by PA18 View Post
Can someone translate this from their hiring ad:

“Do not use IRO for PIC”?
Don't claim as pilot in command experience that time spent as a third-wheel in a crew when you're not at the controls.

The IRO rides along, and sits in one of the two seats when the flying crewmember is out of the seat. When a flight is long enough to require a IRO, due to flight time limitations, the IRO spends time in the pilot seats enroute. While the IRO may occupy the captain's seat, he or she is not the captain, and should not log it as PIC on a 121 flight in which the certificate holder has designated a PIC.

In other words, sole manipulator, a captain does not make: they want you to show PIC the time you were actually the PIC, not simply flying the airplane.