Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Hageland Aviation-Ravn Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 08:09 AM

Joined APC: May 2015
Default direct

When I worked there it was IFR mins and a winter flying with H6 in the 207.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by Taildraggger View Post
Does anyone know what it would take to be direct hired into the 208?
I had 1000 hours of Alaska time and had guys in the company vouch for me when I interviewed with them and was still told I would need to fly the 207 for 6 months and they will decide if I’m worthy to “upgrade” to a bigger 207. I have 2 friends that went in directly to the caravan but they had 5000hrs Alaska time.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:49 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2018
Default SIC

Hello, Are you guys hiring any SICs right now? if now when is the next hiring season? I have 260 hours with commercial AME and ASE with instrument rating. I would love to work for you!!!
Old 04-03-2018, 03:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by PrettyFlyGuy View Post
I had 1000 hours of Alaska time and had guys in the company vouch for me when I interviewed with them and was still told I would need to fly the 207 for 6 months and they will decide if I’m worthy to “upgrade” to a bigger 207. I have 2 friends that went in directly to the caravan but they had 5000hrs Alaska time.
That's almost exactly what I was told, too, with basically the exact same situation re: time and references

One person said I should go right into a van, another said to get in a sled, I ended up in the sled.

A few van slots opened up and I thought I was going to upgrade, then they changed it to a seniority based upgrade which put me at the bottom of the list lol. If I had known that going there, I would have stayed in Homer and kept bouncing around on beaches.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:10 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by liam50 View Post
Hello, Are you guys hiring any SICs right now? if now when is the next hiring season? I have 260 hours with commercial AME and ASE with instrument rating. I would love to work for you!!!
I don't believe they are right now. We just had a ground school in March and another one this month that they have already filled.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:14 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2018

I live in the midwest and am concidering a career change to aviation. I am interested in applying for a Hagland SIC spot and moving my family to Alaska. Is it typical for new out-of-state pilots to move to Alaska when starting with Hagland or do most commute from the lower 48 every shift? Pros/cons and advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

CPL - AMEL, ASEL
Inst, CFI
250TT
Old 04-13-2018, 06:22 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by Username here View Post
I live in the midwest and am concidering a career change to aviation. I am interested in applying for a Hagland SIC spot and moving my family to Alaska. Is it typical for new out-of-state pilots to move to Alaska when starting with Hagland or do most commute from the lower 48 every shift? Pros/cons and advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

CPL - AMEL, ASEL
Inst, CFI
250TT
Might be worth going up and getting some AK time (bush course, sea rating, etc) this summer as well seeing about working for Ravn as a ramp / csa / etc before you move your family up. This also may help getting hired on the pilot side. I understand it's tough to get right in at 250TT without a direct referral - so being up there may help. It also will let you feel out if it's a right move.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:03 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by Username here View Post

CPL - AMEL, ASEL
Inst, CFI
250TT
We have a mix of pilots who both live in Alaska and also in the lower 48. You can live anywhere you want to since it is commutable. If you live in Alaska you can have a confirmed seat via Ravn Alaska out to your base which is nice. Also you can get hired with low time. I had under 300TT and no MEL so go ahead and apply. I don't know when they will be hiring again. Feel free to PM if you want to.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:58 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2017
Position: Pa31
Default Cut in pilot pay

New CEO at Hageland just slashed the pilots pay! It now takes four years to accumulate the same day rate in a sled that a day one sled pilot would have made yesterday.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:44 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by Sidewinder99 View Post
New CEO at Hageland just slashed the pilots pay! It now takes four years to accumulate the same day rate in a sled that a day one sled pilot would have made yesterday.
What are they thinking?