Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Hageland Aviation-Ravn Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 02:54 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by Ramen View Post
Awesome gig. I was picked up at 275TT earlier this year and flew 97 hours this past month. Theres a better thread somewhere else on APC with more info. I'm on mobile so it's tough to find the right link.

Any suggestions on how to get my name out there? I'll be getting my commercial ratings next month and will be applying, but with low time I know I have to somehow stand out. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Cheers.
Old 07-10-2017, 04:26 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

I'm just getting back into the pilot game, but would commuting from Chicago be feasible? My current career in already gone most of the week already, so 15/15 would be a improvement even commuting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-10-2017, 10:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by ChicagoJohn08 View Post
I'm just getting back into the pilot game, but would commuting from Chicago be feasible? My current career in already gone most of the week already, so 15/15 would be a improvement even commuting.

Definitely possible but way harder than a commute from the northwest. United has direct flights to Anchorage on a 37 out of ORD in the summer and maybe even all year now. When I was up there we had a kid from Michigan and one from Boston and several from Texas. There were plenty of shifts they complained about it taking 4 days or more to get home. So just be prepared to lose days off if flights are full. I had times where flights out of ANC only had 20 people on board and the next time had a standby list 60 people long so its kind of about perfect timing and a lil luck.
If your going for a captain spot with the new pay you could afford to buy your tickets months ahead of time for practically nothing out of ORD. Mine were less than a day of pay for round trip out of MCI. So in theory you could work one extra day and pay for the tickets and potentially save several days off commuting and with the long trips probably get enough points for a free ticket every 6 months. Plus the extra day will be premium pay as well. Some people will probably say this is stupid but if working one day will save you 3 its not a bad way to go. Having a set ticket makes the job way less stressful and you get to travel in comfy clothes and not wear a tie for several days commuting. Good luck and welcome back.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011

Originally Posted by ChicagoJohn08 View Post

It's no problem getting from ORD to ANC. Most times it's direct on AS, and for a six week period during the winter it's ORD - SEA - ANC. You arrive in ANC in the afternoon, so if you're going to BET or possibly OME or OTZ you can continue on to your base. I usually spent the night in ANC and did a grocery run, then caught the morning flight to my base.

The return involves a red eye that usually leaves ANC at 11:20 pm.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:21 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2012

Do you get confirmed seats on company planes for commuting to base from ANC?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2017, 08:53 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Originally Posted by zav1 View Post
Do you get confirmed seats on company planes for commuting to base from ANC?
Yes.

filler
Old 07-18-2017, 06:24 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2012
Position: Left seat

Article on Hageland, aka Ravn Connect: https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/avia...k-plane-crash/
Old 07-31-2017, 09:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Hey guys, any idea on future classes? Estimated dates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-01-2017, 11:57 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Next ground school starts 18 Sep.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Any word o. Interviews for that ground school September, I shot a email to them but it's been crickets....