Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   135 cargo ops with travel benefits (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/103612-135-cargo-ops-travel-benefits.html)

DiveAndDrive 06-07-2017 02:22 PM

135 cargo ops with travel benefits

Hello all! I am considering exploring a different realm... 135 cargo operations. I hear most of these operations have a schedule similar to Outstation-Hub-Outstation. You depart the outstation at like 9-11pm and return to the outstation at like 5-7am. If you live in the outstation, which from my understanding is almost always required, you're home pretty much every day. I was wondering if any of these outfits have any travel benefits? I'm not talking CASS. I'm talking travel benefits for parents/spouses/kids, etc. Even if it were ID90/ZED fares, anything for free/reduced travel benefits?

frmrbuffdrvr 06-07-2017 02:33 PM

I can only speak to AMF. While we have jump seat agreements with several airlines, we don't have any travel benefits for other family members.

OSUPIC 06-12-2017 12:31 PM

Ameristar is in CASS and has jumpseat agreements but no travel benefits for family.

Packrat 06-12-2017 02:26 PM

Everts Air Cargo has Pt. 135 Brasilias home based with CASS and MyIDtravel.

DiveAndDrive 06-12-2017 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Packrat (Post 2378317)
Everts Air Cargo has Pt. 135 Brasilias home based with CASS and MyIDtravel.

Sweet! I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the info. What's the schedule like, and who do they have agreements with on MyIDTravel? I am assuming the MyIDTravel is for the family as well?

ZippyNH 06-12-2017 05:56 PM

Jump-seating isn't like it once was...

Worked 135 cargo for many years...
Did lots if jump-seating....
Pre-Sept 11, it was pretty easy...there was always a seat available, and I often would get a cockpit jump-seat....some crews who had been together for a few days would sometimes ASK me to sit on the jump-seat even if a seat in first class was available...just to give them a new person to talk too.
Made lots of contacts, got recommendations...
But alas...it not like that anymore.
Even with a GOOD jump-seat agreement, you are the last one to get a seat in the back, and planes are now mostly full.
The saving-grace here for MOST 135 FREIGHT carrier​s can jump-seat on the mainline cargo outfits in the scheduled runs. But most did not have ID-90 , ETC benefits, cause usually the carrier must be a feeder ti get those for it employees.

Panzon 06-12-2017 07:48 PM

Ryan Air out of Anchorage has CASS. They have multiple schedules, and I think 2 on / 2 off or 20/10 are most common.

Frozen Ronin 06-13-2017 06:52 AM

+1, ZippyNH

Couldn't have said it any better. +1 Zippy NH