Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight flowthru with UPS announced

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 05:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
So....even when things get better....few people can just say SOMETHING GOOD JUST HAPPENED.
I'm sure that there are plenty of AMF pilots who look at this as good news. Not necessarily that we all want to work for UPS as a career, but if it means more pilots (translating to a little time off), that's great.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:27 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by own nav View Post
I'm sure that there are plenty of AMF pilots who look at this as good news. Not necessarily that we all want to work for UPS as a career, but if it means more pilots (translating to a little time off), that's great.
No current AMF pilot can benefit from it, you have to be a UPS intern first.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
No current AMF pilot can benefit from it, you have to be a UPS intern first.
Right, I get it. Not personally interested in flying for UPS.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by own nav View Post
Right, I get it. Not personally interested in flying for UPS.
Nobody who stays at AMF for a long period of time would be.

This agreement in particular is just so comical. It literally doesn't lay out a single timeline requirement or hourly qualification requirement. It should be insulting to anyone with half a brain at the attempt AMF is making to attract unknowing pilots.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Nobody who stays at AMF for a long period of time would be.

This agreement in particular is just so comical. It literally doesn't lay out a single timeline requirement or hourly qualification requirement. It should be insulting to anyone with half a brain at the attempt AMF is making to attract unknowing pilots.
UPS wants their freight moved, and is throwing out a bone.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:11 AM
The NeverEnding Story

Joined APC: Sep 2005

This "agreement in particular" was not promoted by AMF in a public press release, but rather sent to UPS pilots in an internal Chief Pilot Hotline.

This is not a flowthrough, like what AA wholly-owned regionals have.

What it is, however, is a program for college seniors interested in the UPS Airlines co-op/internship and having a career flying for UPS to have a defined path from internship completion to flying a Browntail, while providing UPS more pilots for their feeder operation and AMF more crewmembers to fly their (UPS) revenue.

For perspective though, there's a dozen or less interns each year (unless the program has radically changed).
Old 06-11-2017, 06:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
This "agreement in particular" was not promoted by AMF in a public press release, but rather sent to UPS pilots in an internal Chief Pilot Hotline.

This is not a flowthrough, like what AA wholly-owned regionals have.

What it is, however, is a program for college seniors interested in the UPS Airlines co-op/internship and having a career flying for UPS to have a defined path from internship completion to flying a Browntail, while providing UPS more pilots for their feeder operation and AMF more crewmembers to fly their (UPS) revenue.

For perspective though, there's a dozen or less interns each year (unless the program has radically changed).
How long do you have to fly at AMF before you are hired back at UPS as a pilot? What qualifications must you meet?
Old 06-11-2017, 06:18 AM
The NeverEnding Story

Joined APC: Sep 2005

How long do you have to fly at AMF before you are hired back at UPS as a pilot? What qualifications must you meet?

I have no idea - OP is verbatim what was sent out in the CPH.

I would suspect meet all published minimums to include the now "preferred" 1000TPIC...but that's just a WAG.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: long haul

Out of curiosity, how many hours a year does a typical AMF guy fly? Wouldn't it be quicker to CFI and go to a regional for a while? And this helps what, 12 folks a year? I know one of the guys in it an I am happy for him, Lived in our crashpad for a few years while working at ups. I just don't see how this is that great of a deal except for PR purposes.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pony172 View Post
Out of curiosity, how many hours a year does a typical AMF guy fly? Wouldn't it be quicker to CFI and go to a regional for a while? And this helps what, 12 folks a year? I know one of the guys in it an I am happy for him, Lived in our crashpad for a few years while working at ups. I just don't see how this is that great of a deal except for PR purposes.
This is a PR move, nothing more.