Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Contour aviation

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 06:37 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2017

Originally Posted by Tavi0407 View Post
Does anyone know their minimums for the mcn emb FO job. I am based in MCN and currently working on my MEI 350TT 120ME CMEL instrument current 80 instrument. Any help is appreciated.. this'd be a great opportunity for me. Thank you
Tavi,
Im currently flying the JS 31/32 for the Contour Airlines run from KBNA-KTUP. Similar to Walker. Company has changed a bit, they do provide 401k, insurance is a little high (like all small companies), and they hire low time. I has hired little over 300 hrs total time and no cfi. So its definitly possible but i hit it at the right time and i live in Tupelo so the company doesnt have to pay for my hotel and 24hr perdiem (which works in your favor too). I highly suggest you put in for the MCN route but they are going to give spots to people at the company first. Turboprop/turbojet time is always a big plus and probably the determining factor (2-300 hrs would be a big help). Ill be honest, getting the low time turbojet jobs are a good bit harder than the turboprop gigs. A short stint at somewhere with a caravan or swinging gear in a king air counts. But always apply, doesnt hurt anything.

Last edited by jetstreamdriver; 09-07-2017 at 06:47 AM.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:25 PM
I Pass the Butter

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by jetstreamdriver View Post
Tavi,
Im currently flying the JS 31/32 for the Contour Airlines run from KBNA-KTUP. Similar to Walker. Company has changed a bit, they do provide 401k, insurance is a little high (like all small companies), and they hire low time. I has hired little over 300 hrs total time and no cfi. So its definitly possible but i hit it at the right time and i live in Tupelo so the company doesnt have to pay for my hotel and 24hr perdiem (which works in your favor too). I highly suggest you put in for the MCN route but they are going to give spots to people at the company first. Turboprop/turbojet time is always a big plus and probably the determining factor (2-300 hrs would be a big help). Ill be honest, getting the low time turbojet jobs are a good bit harder than the turboprop gigs. A short stint at somewhere with a caravan or swinging gear in a king air counts. But always apply, doesnt hurt anything.
I knew a captain at GLO and he said similar things. I didn't want to comment earlier when people were asking about low time because my comments are purely second hand anecdotes. But he said he was seeing guys at Contour (when contour was still just the Jetstreams, like in VCT) that had commercial multi and 300TT. He encouraged me to get on once I had my commercial and before I graduated from school, but there were a lot of holdups (the usual weather, mx, etc) and my commercial was about 6-8 months behind schedule and barely got it in time to walk at graduation. So I missed that window. Interestingly though, the Contour beechjet jobs are asking 400TT and 100ME, so there's always that if people can meet those mins.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:25 AM
Line Holder

Default Onejet vs Contour

Yeah i was thinking of making the switch. The "shiny jet fever" is a real thing, haha. But im comfortable and newly married and such. The one thing (no pun intended) with OneJet is similar to what happened to GLO. Since the actual pilots were emplyed by Contour Aviation the company would try to place them somewhere else when GLO failed. Most bailed but was still a nice gesture. I figure the same if OneJet ever has problems. But thats just part of Part 135 flying. Great for low time guys to get in, get the experience, and move on.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:05 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Applied for a few of the available FO positions. Any one know whats going on with the hiring process?
Old 10-19-2017, 06:34 PM
I Pass the Butter

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by Nopasta View Post
Applied for a few of the available FO positions. Any one know whats going on with the hiring process?
Yeah I see they still have multiple FO listings, but it's been crickets the last couple months. Not even a "thanks but no thanks."
Old 10-23-2017, 10:39 AM
Line Holder

Pretty full at the moment. Theyre getting rid if the J-41's so Those crews will have priority going to the next available spots. Havnt had much upgrades. I hear onejet needs people. But i heard that from a pilot on the line. Not someone in charge.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:10 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Hello everyone!! What is the average amount of flight time per year in the CL350 out of Smyrna, TN??