Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Part 135
jobs that open up after hitting 1000 hours? >

jobs that open up after hitting 1000 hours?

Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

jobs that open up after hitting 1000 hours?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 05:18 AM
All is fine at .79

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot

Not so quick.
You actually need to have logged it as such.
There needs to be a fix or waypoint at least 50nm away.
Like you're flying practice instrument approaches with a student at an airport which is 35nm away but the IAF for a GPS approach is 51nm.
You'll need to log something stating that fact in your remarks column.
If it isn't a DPE it will be the FAA or a future employer questioning your entries.
You can't just log "XC" with nothing else there.
Not to be a pain....but a CFI should know that kind of stuff.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by TiredSoul View Post
Not so quick.
Like you're flying practice instrument approaches with a student at an airport which is 35nm away but the IAF for a GPS approach is 51nm.
If it isn't a DPE it will be the FAA or a future employer questioning your entries.
This is only correct for cross country time for ratings (such as Commercial).

For a job at a part 135 operator, it only has to be from one airport to another.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by Liberty Pilot View Post
Woah. Then I most definitely have more than 500. Would you want to define that on a resume? If so, how would you do that. Just have a column for total XC time and then one for XC time towards certificates and ATP?
What DreFlyer said is correct. AMF will hire at 1000 hours for VFR captains. We also hire as low as 800 hours as a BE99 FO until you get to the 1000 point. The 500 hour cross country only applies for IFR 135. Since pretty much all of our flying is point to point, if you are at 1000 hours and over 300 CC, you will be at 500 by the time you hit 1200.
I do believe we put a pause on the VFR captain hiring a it ago but I think it is about to start up again. Put in an application on our website (Ameriflight.com) and back it up with a call to Pilot Recruiting. PM me if you would like the contact info.

The one draw back is we have no operations in the North Carolina area. Our closest base is CVG. The closest BE99 run is based out of SDF. If you are willing to relocate to start out, once you transition up to a type rated aircraft (SA227, BE1900, E120) you can bid to a Home Based position, which is an 18 day on/12 day off schedule where we travel you from an airport near wherever you choose to live.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:55 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016

Not so quick.
I knew about the need for a landing greater than 50 nm from the departure airport to count it torwards a rating private through commercial, and not needing to land for it to count towards atp but if I'm just trying to make it count torwards meeting IFR pic mins The regs say any airport other than the departure can count regardless of distance . So I only have 350 to count towards atp but I could have as much as seven hundred part 135 XC hours towards the minimums.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:13 PM
All is fine at .79

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot

True but it needs to be logged for it to be counted.
So if you've taken a student to the next airport over to practice traffic patterns you should have logged "landings at xyz w/ John Doe" or something to that extend.
You can't go back and go like ' well I think on this flight I went over here and on that flight over there'.
I'm not saying that you did but as far as the FAA is concerned if it's not on paper it didn't happen.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:19 PM
Line Holder

True but it needs to be logged for it to be counted.
So if you've taken a student to the next airport over to practice traffic patterns you should have logged "landings at xyz w/ John Doe" or something to that extend.
You can't go back and go like ' well I think on this flight I went over here and on that flight over there'.
I'm not saying that you did but as far as the FAA is concerned if it's not on paper it didn't happen.
I understand that, luckily 70% of my flight time is recorded on a scheduling software with landing and airports logged. Definitely enough to hit the 500 XC
Old 08-01-2017, 09:00 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2012

I put two XC number on my resume

Cross-country 50NM+: 350 Point to point: 550

In my logbook, if I flew over 50NM but didn't land, I would put the checkpoint I have flown over that is over 50NM and I will log as XC. And I counted all the flight which I have landed at a different airport and added it all up for the total point to point XC hours.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:50 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by pkan51 View Post
I put two XC number on my resume

Cross-country 50NM+: 350 Point to point: 550

In my logbook, if I flew over 50NM but didn't land, I would put the checkpoint I have flown over that is over 50NM and I will log as XC. And I counted all the flight which I have landed at a different airport and added it all up for the total point to point XC hours.
Thank you for the clarification. I have a couple or resumes out. I will have to calculate and update them!