Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Information on Avenge King Air ISR flying

Old 08-04-2017, 11:09 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: SA-227, B-727, A-300, DC-8, all seats
Default Information on Avenge King Air ISR flying

Hello.......................

Anyone here on this forum currently fly for Avenge, the ISR King Air operator in Sterling, Virginia ???

Looking to apply and need some basic questions answered.

Please PM me if possible.

Thank you.

Wright cyclones
Old 08-04-2017, 11:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Must have a active clearance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2017, 03:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: Still Swinging props!

Subscribed. This will be like pulling off a crusty scab, there oughtta be more than a few emotionally charged opinions on this topic... I was just a bystander during the last melt down. Nasty games, out of that program office. ****ed off guys that I've never seen ****ed, before. Maybe that's all fixed, who knows.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:43 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by Frozen Ronin View Post
Subscribed. This will be like pulling off a crusty scab, there oughtta be more than a few emotionally charged opinions on this topic... I was just a bystander during the last melt down. Nasty games, out of that program office. ****ed off guys that I've never seen ****ed, before. Maybe that's all fixed, who knows.
Just slip on your Hawaiian shirt and pretend it's Friday bro. The next couple months should be exciting either way.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:17 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: FO

Just got the email to phone interview tomorrow. 2600TT 350TPIC currently flying at regionals with with upgrade right around the corner. Inactive secret and some experience in the ISR realm. Also A&P. Any idea what to expect in the interview?
Old 08-12-2017, 03:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by Wright cyclones View Post
Hello.......................

Anyone here on this forum currently fly for Avenge, the ISR King Air operator in Sterling, Virginia ???

Looking to apply and need some basic questions answered.

Please PM me if possible.

Thank you.

Wright cyclones
Friends don't let friends fly for Avenge... you've been warned.

Originally Posted by CaptianO View Post
Just got the email to phone interview tomorrow. 2600TT 350TPIC currently flying at regionals with with upgrade right around the corner. Inactive secret and some experience in the ISR realm. Also A&P. Any idea what to expect in the interview?
I would NOT turn down a Captain upgrade to fly for Avenge, or any other ISR company if your ultimate goal is to be at a major airline.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Out of curiosity why don't friends let friends fly for avenge?
Old 08-13-2017, 06:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: http://rahcontractnow.org/

Stay FAR away from Avenge. DO NOT turn down a regional upgrade to work for this crapshoot. Their pay and schedules are horrible, and they like to sue current and past employees. You've been warned.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by KA350Driver View Post
Out of curiosity why don't friends let friends fly for avenge?
I work and am friends with a lot of Avenge alumni. This run down is what I have gathered from them. Perhaps someone will verify the accuracy, but this is why I will never go there.

The good: The pilot group was, overall, skilled and close knit. The folks in HR were friendly and helpful. If you had a positive attitude and were team focused then you were treated alright on the line and by management.

The bad:

Training contracts. No one else has them. The also engaged in creative scheduling of recurrent training events to force people into staying; ie, you still owed them days for past training, but couldn't actually deploy to work those days as you were not current on some event... so you incurred an additional training contract just to finish off the previous one.

Extended R&Rs / Not being scheduled to deploy. Unable to leave the job and unable to find other stable work.

Pay was substandard. Today as a PIC you should be getting $750-770 per day your first year, $800 your second year, and small percentage increases each year after that. If that is not what you are offered, look elsewhere.

No / poor quality health insurance. Management figured everyone had Tricare so why offer good insurance, or any insurance at all for that matter. You should have the option to buy a good quality private product that provides you coverage anywhere in the world.

Poor training. Company does not use FSI or CAE for top quality industry training; they use their in-house flight school, charge the government for the expense, and still stick you with a training contract.

Lack of effective leadership. Horror stories about the chief pilot abound. Owners kept a guy around to lead their flight department that had apparently negligently crashed an airplane and also treated his pilots like crap.

Army Contract. This is re-bid about every two years. So call it Avenge, Mag, or CACI. Whoever wins Army contracts (currently Avenge) will probably loose it on the next bid and you will be out on the street again.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:52 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: FO

Got the offer letter. No TA and $800 a day. Class starts Sept. Wondering if I should take it. I had my DL suspended once when I didn't pay a ticket in VA. Will that keep me from a top secret?