Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

F/O jobs +700h?

Old 10-30-2017, 05:24 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016

Network in person like crazy. I've somehow made my way into an amazing 135/91 operator that treats pilot incredibly well and nobody is leaving due to the QOL. I only did that by talking and getting to know local people at airports around the area. There are tons of opportunities at smaller companies but not many people from what I can tell will risk their reputation within the company recommending someone the know through forums.

Also again my opinion, but I would never sign a contract to work somewhere to gather experience. If a contract is necessary that throws up a flag to me that pilots aren't wanting to stay and the company culture could suck.

Good luck job searching
Old 10-30-2017, 08:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by Liberty Pilot View Post
Network in person like crazy. I've somehow made my way into an amazing 135/91 operator that treats pilot incredibly well and nobody is leaving due to the QOL. I only did that by talking and getting to know local people at airports around the area. There are tons of opportunities at smaller companies but not many people from what I can tell will risk their reputation within the company recommending someone the know through forums.

Also again my opinion, but I would never sign a contract to work somewhere to gather experience. If a contract is necessary that throws up a flag to me that pilots aren't wanting to stay and the company culture could suck.

Good luck job searching

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

I totally agree with what you said about contracts, no bueno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10-30-2017, 09:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Tradewind is always looking FO's, although that might stick you back in SJU. Not a bad gig for a year or so til you hit 1500hrs. Also TMC is hiring FO's with a minimum of 1000 hours, I can't give an honest opinion on TMC. IMO you should be able to find some gigs with that amount of time. A couple months before you're ready to leave, get a climbto350 acct. and just apply to stuff that you're close to for req's. Plenty of FO/SIC jobs on there, might be worth pay the 15$ or whatever they're charging these days.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Jecain7 View Post
Tradewind is always looking FO's, although that might stick you back in SJU. Not a bad gig for a year or so til you hit 1500hrs. Also TMC is hiring FO's with a minimum of 1000 hours, I can't give an honest opinion on TMC. IMO you should be able to find some gigs with that amount of time. A couple months before you're ready to leave, get a climbto350 acct. and just apply to stuff that you're close to for req's. Plenty of FO/SIC jobs on there, might be worth pay the 15$ or whatever they're charging these days.

Thanks man, I’ll keep in mind TMC. 750h right now but I finally got electricity back 5 weeks after the hurricane, so I should be able to get to 1000h haha.
I see those TW beauties every morning, not a bad gig at all yeah.
I’ve had an account for months now, I think it’s worth it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10-31-2017, 06:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by DreFlyer View Post
Yes, they're a fact of life there just like tornadoes, convective storms, earthquakes, etc. are elsewhere . . . out of all of them hurricanes are the easiest ones to get away from so I don't really see what you're getting at . . .
They are easy to get away from if you are on the mainland. If you are in let's say st croix before Maria hit you had less than 24 hours from category 1 to category 5 with less than 200 plane seats leaving the island. Tell me again how it's easy to get away? Even for the people of Puerto Rico that had 4ish days notice it's not like there are enough flights for millions of people. I mean even tourist that were willing to pay A ton of money couldn't get seats due to availability and everyone was trying to get out
Old 11-01-2017, 01:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Exactly. I was dropping passengers in St.thomas a few days before Maria and people were screaming at the other side of the fence offering cash to fly them to San Juan. NOT easy at all

Old 11-01-2017, 03:16 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by Javichu View Post
Exactly. I was dropping passengers in St.thomas a few days before Maria and people were screaming at the other side of the fence offering cash to fly them to San Juan. NOT easy at all

So how much did you make?
Old 11-01-2017, 03:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

I wish 🤣

Old 11-01-2017, 07:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Check out the, "corporate aviation job listing" group on stalkbook. A few jobs today posted, beechjet SIC 300-1000tt in pittsburgh. Also, a turboprop gig in MEM with similar times. A lot of the posts are for higher time positions, but there are some like those that pop up.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

I will thanks!