Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

1850tt looking for a job

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 07:03 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Default 1850tt looking for a job

Hello!
I'm in a bit of stressfull situation where I'm starting to freak out a bit. I got 1850h tt with 600 turbine pic (c208) all my hours are skydiving ops. Only got 225 xc hours so I meet the restricted atp but the regionals seems to not call me back. My background is clean and everything so I'm just so confused! My pilot friends says my resume is solid but it might be the xc time and lack of instrument flying.

So any corporate/91/135 gigs out there? I'm on the west coast. Can move if it's a right fit.

Or anyone that can telling me to calm the f down and that everything will be fine haha!
Old 09-30-2017, 07:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Calm the f down, everything will be fine. Many opportunities on the west coast.

Put in some face time with your local 135s, browse the orange site, search on JSFirm or the like, etc. Go to the 135/91/Fractional/Corporate forums, pick some companies that sound appealing to you, go to their website, and apply. Your instrument hours and lack of XC may or may not play a factor, apply and find out.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2011

I'm actually surprised you're not getting a call from regionals. But yes, I think you will get picked up somewhere if you stay persistent.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by Herjan View Post
Hello!
I'm in a bit of stressfull situation where I'm starting to freak out a bit. I got 1850h tt with 600 turbine pic (c208) all my hours are skydiving ops. Only got 225 xc hours so I meet the restricted atp but the regionals seems to not call me back. My background is clean and everything so I'm just so confused! My pilot friends says my resume is solid but it might be the xc time and lack of instrument flying.

So any corporate/91/135 gigs out there? I'm on the west coast. Can move if it's a right fit.

Or anyone that can telling me to calm the f down and that everything will be fine haha!
When you say regionals haven’t called you back- have you actually applied via airline apps?

Who have you applied to and how many checkride failures do you have?
Old 09-30-2017, 09:55 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by Otterbox View Post
When you say regionals haven’t called you back- have you actually applied via airline apps?

Who have you applied to and how many checkride failures do you have?
Yea airlineapp

I mainly focused on envoy but since past two weeks I applied to all of them
Old 09-30-2017, 10:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Yea airlineapp

I mainly focused on envoy but since past two weeks I applied to all of them
How many checkride failures do you have?

Have you published your app and received a response confirming that the airlines have received your application? If not then for some reason they may not have received it and you should review it to make sure it’s complete and published and contact the vender if you’re having problems.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:40 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

So which restricted ATP mins you meet?
Old 10-01-2017, 12:06 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Hello!

How much Multi-Engine time do you have? I know some places require 25-50 hours.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:57 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by mfflyer View Post
How much Multi-Engine time do you have? I know some places require 25-50 hours.
20 but I've been told it's ok since they will send me for the atp coursebefore starting training
Old 10-01-2017, 12:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Hello!

For 135 you won't be able to get an IFR captain spot with only 225 cross country. Regs require 500 XC time. Now that is airport to airport so hopefully you aren't just counting "over 50 mile" time. But I can see where sky dive flying will hold you down on that category.