Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Short Hills (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/110744-short-hills.html)

Bumper 01-21-2018 04:17 AM

Short Hills

Anyone have info on this company out of MMU flying Falcons ? Didn’t see any using search functions. Thanks

anothermember 01-21-2018 12:48 PM

Short Hills

The training agreement is actually a loan from the company. No dollar amount mentioned, ie: a blank check. 12% interest on the loan, 25% penalty on the unknown principle if their lawyers send you a letter for recovery of the loan.

Originally Posted by Bumper (Post 2507717)
Anyone have info on this company out of MMU flying Falcons ? Didn’t see any using search functions. Thanks

Bumper 01-21-2018 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by anothermember (Post 2508044)
The training agreement is actually a loan from the company. No dollar amount mentioned, ie: a blank check. 12% interest on the loan, 25% penalty on the unknown principle if their lawyers send you a letter for recovery of the loan.

Sign me up !!! Are you serious a loan and they charge interest wow thats about the worst I have heard.

Did you interview with them ?

Thanks

Jecain7 01-21-2018 07:22 PM

The training contract stuff is real. Guy I know used to fly for them and it is something they do. I can't speak for the operation side, I seem to remember him saying they flew a lot.

Bumper 01-22-2018 04:24 AM

Wow and I thought previous poster was kidding ... I have heard of promissory notes, long training contracts etc. but never being charged interest. Makes you wonder how the rest of the operation is run. Fortunately it’s a pilots market with lots of other opportunities.

Frosty88 01-23-2018 08:36 AM

anyone know if they're hiring and/or minimums for FO?

Bumper 01-25-2018 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by Frosty88 (Post 2509312)
anyone know if they're hiring and/or minimums for FO?

I interviewed for PIC on the Falcon 50, the promissory note is indeed one year blank note and applies to reccurent as well.

The ad said home basing but you have buy your own airline or drive to MMU where they put you up in a no name hotel and per diem is NOT paid in MMU since that’s your “base”

So with that being said do you still want to apply ? What is your background ?

DC2Airmail 03-09-2018 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Bumper (Post 2510892)
I interviewed for PIC on the Falcon 50, the promissory note is indeed one year blank note and applies to reccurent as well.

The ad said home basing but you have buy your own airline or drive to MMU where they put you up in a no name hotel and per diem is NOT paid in MMU since that’s your “base”

So with that being said do you still want to apply ? What is your background ?

They are currently hiring PIC's, and SIC's.

MadmanX2 03-10-2018 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by anothermember (Post 2508044)

Wow... old school, this used to be the norm years ago.

Sadly, as pilots we are our own worst enemy and some will jump at this "opportunity".

Camel Dancer 10-09-2019 10:50 AM

Saw this today. Home based? Schedule?

Short Hills Aviation a Part 135 Charter/ Management company located at Morristown Airport, New Jersey, is seeking Falcon 50 / 900 PIC & SIC pilots for our expanding fleet of 50 / 900s and 2000's. A perfect opportunity for the right individuals looking to be part of a team oriented growing company. If you are a true team player, self starter and have a"can do\' attitude, then this is the right environment for you. We are willing to type exceptional individuals. We offer a competitive salary, and company paid employee benefits package, and preferred pilot schedule: 10 days on / 10 days off rotation upon meeting certain hour/ type qualifications. We are an Equal -employment opportunity company.

Minimum Requirements - Pilot in Command:

Airline Transport Pilot Certificate

Preferred: Falcon DA-5- Type rating

First Class Medical

Total Time: 3,000 Hours

PIC Time: 1,500 Hours

Multi-Engine: 1,500 Hours

Turbine: 500 Hours

Instrument: 150 Hours

US Passport

RROP

Ability to Pass 10 year background check