Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Alaska Seaplanes

Old 12-08-2018, 04:39 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2018

What are the hiring requirements for Alaska Seaplanes?
Old 12-09-2018, 03:04 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by 2BluSkyz View Post

flyalaskaseaplanes.com
Old 12-09-2018, 08:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by 2BluSkyz View Post

Part 135 IFR mins will get you a look. They want all their pilots to be able to fly IFR, single pilot. They have ads on JSfirm and the Orange site. Good place to work.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:39 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by Sanguy View Post
Part 135 IFR mins will get you a look. They want all their pilots to be able to fly IFR, single pilot. They have ads on JSfirm and the Orange site. Good place to work.

I shot em a resume myself. 135IFR mins and PA31 time. Might be a cool gig to do this summer while I decide if I want to do airlines or not.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:50 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2019

Seaplanes and Ward Air are the best companies to work for in Alaska. Upper management is top notch, they don't push guys out for weather, the pay is outregeous (it may be one of the best in the united states period)

They are paying float guys $400 a day starting. Thats pretty crazy when youre in an actual nice town, have benefits and not at some lodge in the middle of AK.

Yes the rent in Juneau is high but the pay is helpful. Be good to the dispatchers and they will take care of you.
Old 07-05-2019, 07:14 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by musclehamster View Post
Seaplanes and Ward Air are the best companies to work for in Alaska. Upper management is top notch, they don't push guys out for weather, the pay is outregeous (it may be one of the best in the united states period)

They are paying float guys $400 a day starting. Thats pretty crazy when youre in an actual nice town, have benefits and not at some lodge in the middle of AK.

Yes the rent in Juneau is high but the pay is helpful. Be good to the dispatchers and they will take care of you.
I see posts from Alaska Seaplanes is always looking for pilots, not so much from Ward. Had heard that latest Alaska has a high drop out rate of pilot classes? Not sure if that is true or not. Does anyone have any recent QOL, pay, or schedule information? Do they hire directly onto floats or do you have to fly wheels first?
Old 07-05-2019, 11:23 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by musclehamster View Post

Depends if you really want to live off the road system full time. I like Juneau but that's not really for me.
Old 07-05-2019, 06:36 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by cubpilot802 View Post
I see posts from Alaska Seaplanes is always looking for pilots, not so much from Ward. Had heard that latest Alaska has a high drop out rate of pilot classes? Not sure if that is true or not. Does anyone have any recent QOL, pay, or schedule information? Do they hire directly onto floats or do you have to fly wheels first?
I’m wondering this too. Hopefully there’s someone with info.
Old 07-05-2019, 06:47 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by freightpilotguy View Post
I’m wondering this too. Hopefully there’s someone with info.
For sure, I have been really combing multiple forums and haven’t gotten much of a solid answer. People have said they have pilots on the forum here.
Old 07-05-2019, 11:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

From what I understand, Ward Air doesn't really have much turnover. The folks flying there aren't looking to build time and then move on. Seaplanes has plenty of people sticking around too, but from what I have seen it also seems like quite a few people just get their time and go. Living off the road system isn't for everybody.